Home Gothic Gothic II Gothic 3 Gothic 4 Downloads Forums

Ergebnis 1 bis 6 von 6
  1. Beiträge anzeigen #1
    Rookie

Kooz ist offline

Problems with launching G2

Hi I bought gothic 2 gold edition during the steam sale and tried playing it yesterday but after i clicked play nothing would happen. I could see in task manager that gothic2.exe was running but it just wasn't working. I tried running it as admin and compatibility mode but it still didn't work. Also I read about a 'trick' you can do by opening gothic 2 twice and then ending the rundll task but rundll wasn't there. Any suggestions? Oh, I have windows 7.

2. Beiträge anzeigen #2
    General Avatar von KGS

KGS ist offline
    if it is not rundll32.exe (and this always is the case for me), then it is some other process which prevents G2 from starting; try killing processes until it runs and then make note of which process it was so you'd be able to stop it every time

and don't need to start it twice

3. Beiträge anzeigen #3
    Rookie

Kooz ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von KGS Beitrag anzeigen
    if it is not rundll32.exe (and this always is the case for me), then it is some other process which prevents G2 from starting; try killing processes until it runs and then make note of which process it was so you'd be able to stop it every time

and don't need to start it twice
    Should I start it up then start killing processes or kill one then start G2, end G2 if it doesn't work and kill another etc..?

4. Beiträge anzeigen #4
    General Avatar von KGS

KGS ist offline
    just start it once and make sure the process (for G2) is running,
    then when you kill the process that is inhibiting it, the game will launch by itself

5. Beiträge anzeigen #5
    Rookie

Kooz ist offline
    Wow the first thing I ended was Divx update and the game launched! Thanks a lot! Now that I have it running, do you recommend any mods for a first time player?

6. Beiträge anzeigen #6
    General Avatar von KGS

KGS ist offline
    you could just get a graphics only mod or something, you don't really need any mods in your first playtrough ;d
    the game is really hard though