Home Gothic Gothic II Gothic 3 Gothic 4 Downloads Forums

Ergebnis 1 bis 5 von 5
  1. Beiträge anzeigen #1
    Rookie

Bobafett0610 ist offline

G3-top spells, other misc questions

I'm playing with the current 1.75CP with alternate AI on, and I've decided to try to play with the alternate balance on this time. Couple of questions..

1.) I was wondering if there is a quick way to get to learn/use firerain/hailstorm/bless, other high lvl spells early on. From the guides I've read online, it seems like I can only do this after I pick a certain god, BUT, from my understanding doing so changes a bunch of things and makes it where I miss out on quests. I like to milk every last bit of exp and do max amount of quests before having to finally pick sides. Is there a way to learn these spells early on as I'd like to use them with the new alternate balance cast around target ability, but it seems like a waste to only be able to learn the good stuff at the very end of the game. Other AOE spells like flamewave aren't cutting it for me as I have to be right next to the mobs im casting it at and they usually hit me, interrupting the spell due to slow casting animations.

2.) This is more of a modding question regarding a few things. First, is there a way to change it where I can play with alternate AI/alternate balance on, but make it where the merchants who sell stone tablets always have the max amount, the tablets and books/colums i can read give +5 AK instead of the new +3, same with alchemy, and also change things such as taking away the requirement for me to learn certain spells before I learn others (such as having to learn banish evil before learning bless). Also, since pickpocketing increases the thieveing counter, even when successful, is there a way to can make it where it doesn't increase it, or at least take away the requirement for needing impossible pickpocket for master thief? Also, can i change it back so I don't need a requirement (besides a certain alchemy skill) to learn permanent potions? I dislike having to waste valuable LP on something like brew transformation pots when I'll never do that, or on spells I'll never use just so i can get one of the higher lvl spells.

3.) What's the formula for calculating bow/ crossbow/melee dmg?

4.) Even with all skining and teeth/claw removing skills, the dragons still can't be looted for anything. Is this a bug or is it just ment to be that way?
    Geändert von Bobafett0610 (30.07.2012 um 12:31 Uhr) Grund: adding things

2. Beiträge anzeigen #2
    Knight Avatar von NCONiall

NCONiall ist offline
    1) No, you can only get those spells once you choose a side. With alternative balancing you can get Word of Dominance and Open Locks. While they may not look like it, they are considered high level spells but with AB you can learn them once you have the required ancient knowledge. The aim of AB is of course to make the game more balanced and in turn more challenging. I have played through Gothic 3 with AB many times and it is more challenging; nothing is just 5 LP anymore, alot of high skills will cost you 10, 15 and even up to 30 LP. The most action is at the end of the game anyway so you won't waste anything. If you go with Innos you have alot of work to do and even more if you go with Beliar.

2) I have tried to do that before but to no avail, although I was trying to change the requirement for the Crown of Adanos. It's probably best just to play the game with AB as the CP developers have intended, they have did a thorough job of giving Gothic its difficulty back, I usually never play without AB.

3) Not so sure, I think it might be the damage of the weapon plus your strength or hunting skill.

4) It was probably intended, I've never looted one either.

3. Beiträge anzeigen #3
    Apprentice Avatar von Demigod

Demigod ist offline
    The loot from dragons:

1. Cut scales
    2. Golden Scales
    3. Cut out dragon heart
    4. Dragon egg

The last 2 items are used for a recepy called Embarla Figasto.

[Bild: f3vqm8.jpg]

I only recently started playing g3 (last time i played it was over 5 years ago) and due to some wierd reputation bugs (i coudn`t max out myrtana town rep) i decided 2 days ago to resttart the game... again.

P.S. i would apreciate if somewon knows what the cut scales and golden scales are used for (i suspect a type of armor hopefuly better then dragon hunter armor)..:P
    Geändert von Demigod (31.07.2012 um 11:23 Uhr)

4. Beiträge anzeigen #4
    Hydrabogen Avatar von Windmacht

Windmacht ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Demigod Beitrag anzeigen
    The loot from dragons:

1. Cut scales
    2. Golden Scales
    3. Cut out dragon heart
    4. Dragon egg

The last 2 items are used for a recepy called Embarla Figasto.

P.S. i would apreciate if somewon knows what the cut scales and golden scales are used for (i suspect a type of armor hopefuly better then dragon hunter armor)..:P

Dragons have only loot, when playing with the Quest packet and the recipe is only available, when playing with the Conent Mod. In the normal game, only with CP, both isn't in game.

Cut scales and golden scales have no use. So you can sell them.

5. Beiträge anzeigen #5
    Apprentice Avatar von Demigod

Demigod ist offline
    Dammit no more magic armor dreams...:/