Home Gothic Gothic II Gothic 3 Gothic 4 Downloads Forums

Ergebnis 1 bis 6 von 6
  1. Beiträge anzeigen #1
    Apprentice

Wolfie ist offline

[G2] German Subtitles In English Game

Hi everyone!

I've got one little problem with my heavily modded game... all the subtitles are in German, yet I have an English game!!! I have the Gothic Complete Collection with two disks and it was working perfectly without the mods. I have nailed it down to a few possible Mods/Addons which are causing this problem:

• Gothic Starter
    • Gothic Report Version 2.6
    • Gothic MDK

I'm unsure of which one it is but I've tried the Gothic II English Translation Patch, but with no success. I'm at a loss and have no idea how to fix this so I was just wondering if anyone knew what was going on.

Thanks
    Wolfie

P.S. How would I go about merging 'Real Weapons Mod' with the 'Gothic II English Translation Patch' for personal use?
    Geändert von Wolfie (23.07.2012 um 12:03 Uhr)

2. Beiträge anzeigen #2
    Ranger Avatar von KeeperUTX

KeeperUTX ist offline
    Well I seem to have a similar problem.
    Does it look like the options,items and dialogue options are in english and the actual subs are in german? Or are the NPCs the things that talk in english (voice only)?

If that's the case, then just turn of the Reparse scripts option when starting GothicStarter_mod. That should at least make the majority of the game ENG, however subtitles will remain DEU. As long as I understand their voices, DEU subs don't bother me very much.

Hope this helps
    The English WoG is NOT dead, my friends!
    [Bild: tOC_sig1.jpg]
    Geändert von KeeperUTX (25.07.2012 um 09:29 Uhr)

3. Beiträge anzeigen #3
    Apprentice

Wolfie ist offline
    Subs are in Deu, everything else isn't, Eng. patch worked but I still need to know how I could combine Eng. patch with Real Weapons

4. Beiträge anzeigen #4
    General Avatar von KGS

KGS ist offline
    i think you have to get the english scripts (which are laying somewhere in the modding or the download section) and copy them into your content folder, but i am not entirely sure

//so that eng patch fixed it?
    chances are that the real weapons are not effected by subtitle changes unless those overwrite the whole scripts and the real weapons mod changes the values/names of the weapons as well as their models, if that is the case I'd install the patch first and real weapons afterwards
    Geändert von KGS (25.07.2012 um 20:57 Uhr)

5. Beiträge anzeigen #5
    Apprentice

Wolfie ist offline
    Well there's the problem, KGS, I have to start the Eng. patch and Real Weapons with Gothic Started, but I can only choose 1 or the other

6. Beiträge anzeigen #6
    General Avatar von KGS

KGS ist offline
    well, if i were you i'd give up if i didn't have the Real Weapons mod scripts and models, if you have them (which i doubt) you could try to splice them together with the english dialogue scripts and do this
    Spoiler:(zum lesen bitte Text markieren)
    Zitat Zitat von Korianous
    Compiling your first mod

Even though you may be modding, I'm sure many of you will still want to play Gothic II NotR every once in a little while. For that, the Piranha Bytes provided the GothicGame.mod with the MDK. However, that comes with German text. And unless you're trying to learn German (like me ), I'm sure you will want to be able to play it fully in English, just as you did before you were modding. Let's do that.

First off, create a new directory anywhere on your HD, the tutorial assumes C:\G2English for simplicity. Create the _work/Data/Scripts directory structure there. Download the ICP v1.0a English Scripts. Unzip the /_compiled directory and the /Content/Cutscene directories to the /Scripts folder you just created. No other directories are needed.

Now, open up GothicVDFS, and click the Builder option. Set the root path to C:\G2English. Set the filename to GothicGame_English.mod (make sure it's set to save in the Data/modvdf directory. Now add the following file extensions under the filemasks to search for:
    *.dat
    *.bin

Save the script if you wish, and then click build volume. You should now have a new file in your /modvdf folder called GothicGame_English.mod.

This is not all you need. Copy the GothicGame.ini file (not to be confused with the Gothic.ini) found in the /system folder, and rename it GothicGame_English.ini. Under the [FILES] section, replace GothicGame.mod with GothicGame_English.mod. Under the [INFO] section, rename the title Gothic II- Night of the Raven. Save your changes and exit. Now, if all went well, click on Gothic Starter, and you should be able to see your newly created .mod. Click it and play.

or you could always do a clean reinstall without the MDK which has turned your scripts to German

^^^do that
    Geändert von KGS (26.07.2012 um 10:41 Uhr)