Home Gothic Gothic II Gothic 3 Gothic 4 Downloads Forums

Ergebnis 1 bis 18 von 18
  1. Beiträge anzeigen #1
    Rookie

GhostedRebel ist offline

Can't kill Feomathar Fire Dragon: Gothic 2 (NOTR)

I have a big problem with Feomathar..

I can't kill him.. I fought the dragons in order, Swamp first, and then rock. Both were really easy, didn't even put up much of a fight. I'm level 25 (Dragon Hunter), with medium Dragon Hunter Armor, and that sword that Raven has in NOTR, not sure what it's called, Claw of Beliar or something, and I've upgraded it twice, so it hits 97, with 26 bonus to extra hit.

I have the Eye of Innos, and it was recharged with the Stone Dragon's Heart before I talked to Feomathar, and a belt of protection with 7 to fire, magic, arrows, and weapons. I also have a ring of +5 Strength, and a protection Ring.

I tried attacked him, but every time I even get close to him, he knocks me down. I summoned a golem after a couple tried at this, and it works until The Claw of Beliar hits a special attack (this takes about 1/12 of his HP down, which quickly regenerates), and then he knocks me down again. I don't have any demon scrolls and I think I bought them all out, (going to check the mages again). Wave of Ice and Ice Block don't affect him at all, and the same with lightning. He has 1000 Health, and he's level 500 with protection 170 against everything. (I used MARVIN to check that). I look this up and only one other person had this problem, but I can't think of anyway to beat him, without leveling to 50, or MARVIN, or possibly a Demon Summon. It's also important to note that I killed Biff earlier in the game because of the dialogue options that lead him to attacking me, and I didn't do a coup de grace, he simply died after I knocked him down...

Any help? :/

2. Beiträge anzeigen #2
    Knight Avatar von NCONiall

NCONiall ist offline
    You might need a stronger weapon or you could try increasing your one-handed or two-handed skill for the critical hit. If you can find one use a demon scroll. If you can't kill Feomathar then chances are you won't be able to kill the dragon after that so you might need two demon scrolls. If you can't find any of the scrolls then go around the valley and gain XP(there's plenty of Orcs and other creatures). Use those skill points towards strength and your one-handed or two-handed skill.

NOTR is a challenging game; not long ago I played as a mage and I couldn't even kill the swamp dragon because my strongest spell was lightning at the time and that did very little damage.
    Geändert von NCONiall (06.07.2012 um 12:15 Uhr)

3. Beiträge anzeigen #3
    Schwertmeister Avatar von warstrike

warstrike ist offline
    If i`m not mistaken you should be able to buy the Heavy Dragon Hunter armor by now (with 2 dead dragons i mean). Also ,you can get better swords also. Maybe summoning a demon or stone golem will help you ,buy some scrolls
    Geändert von warstrike (06.07.2012 um 20:25 Uhr)

4. Beiträge anzeigen #4
    Skinhead  Avatar von Hellbilly

Hellbilly ist offline
    Or try a shrink scroll; distract the dragon with some summoned aid and shrink it. Should be a walk in the park after that.

5. Beiträge anzeigen #5
    Hydrabogen Avatar von Windmacht

Windmacht ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von warstrike Beitrag anzeigen
    If i`m not mistaken you should be able to buy the Heavy Dragon Hunter armor by now (with 2 dead dragons i mean).
    No, this armor is not avaliable before the 5th chapter. Two dead dragons are a prerequisite for the Medium Dragon Hunter armor, which the Threadoperator already has.

6. Beiträge anzeigen #6
    Rookie

GhostedRebel ist offline

uhm

Zitat Zitat von warstrike Beitrag anzeigen
    If i`m not mistaken you should be able to buy the Heavy Dragon Hunter armor by now (with 2 dead dragons i mean). Also ,you can get better swords also. Maybe summoning a demon or stone golem will help you ,buy some scrolls

Unfortunately not. Here's what happened, and thanks for all who did help.

I went to the Fire Mage place, and I found two new merchants I hadn't discovered before, and I got two summon demon spells from them. I went back, and Feomathar became instant toast. I think I'm supposed to be like 20 levels higher than I am at the moment but I can't think where I'd get those levels.. I transformed into a Warg, and ran past everyone in the ice region, and when I got there, I used fire rain and killed about 10 monsters instantly. I fought and beat the Ice dragon, although I had run in much earlier when I was exploring the Gothic 1 region for nostalgia sake, and I had taken the dragon egg much earlier in the game, although I had to restart the save about 30 times before I successfully stole it without becoming dinner for a Ice Wolf; at level 10, they killed me in one bite..

Warstrike: You don't get the knowledge to forge the Sword, and the Heavy Dragon armor until Chapter Five, which only is triggered once all the dragons are dead, and you report it to Garond. Then Lester appears outside of Xardas's tower in the main region and Lizard men attack him and he gives you the note from Xardas. Once you get that note, THEN you go to Pyrokar who gives you permission to enter the library, and then you go into the vault below. Then you get the almanac, blahblahblah, and the knowledge to forge everything.

I don't know how I skipped 20 something levels, but it's frustrating.. I'm not sure if I'll be able to beat the Evil at the end of the game.. >.>

Now my main problem is gaining 20 levels.

Edit: My 1h Sword is/was at 73%, and my 2h is at 33% I think. My strength is 80/85; I can't remember which..

Second edit: In my opinion the Claw of Beliar is the 1st or 2nd best weapon in the entire game, because it has the chance of extra damage, which is a massive 100 damage more, and that comes close to even the Large Ore Dragon Slayer, I THINK.
    Geändert von GhostedRebel (06.07.2012 um 23:15 Uhr)

7. Beiträge anzeigen #7
    Schwertmeister Avatar von warstrike

warstrike ist offline
    Yep ,you`re right ,my bad
    Anyway if experience is what you wish then you should explore Khorinis and Valley of the mines and kill everything. Afterall you`re a mage ,you kill fast & easy. Clear all the orcs in the valley and the seekers from Xardas` tower. Kill all the shadowbeasts from Khorinis and some of the orcs coz there are some too if you haven`t killed them.

8. Beiträge anzeigen #8
    Adventurer Avatar von mjfraser100

mjfraser100 ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von GhostedRebel Beitrag anzeigen

I can't kill him.. I fought the dragons in order, Swamp first, and then rock. Both were really easy, didn't even put up much of a fight. I'm level 25 (Dragon Hunter), with medium Dragon Hunter Armor, and that sword that Raven has in NOTR, not sure what it's called, Claw of Beliar or something, and I've upgraded it twice, so it hits 97, with 26 bonus to extra hit.

I have the Eye of Innos, and it was recharged with the Stone Dragon's Heart before I talked to Feomathar, and a belt of protection with 7 to fire, magic, arrows, and weapons. I also have a ring of +5 Strength, and a protection Ring.

I tried attacked him, but every time I even get close to him, he knocks me down. I summoned a golem after a couple tried at this, and it works until The Claw of Beliar hits a special attack (this takes about 1/12 of his HP down, which quickly regenerates), and then he knocks me down again. I don't have any demon scrolls and I think I bought them all out, (going to check the mages again). Wave of Ice and Ice Block don't affect him at all, and the same with lightning. He has 1000 Health, and he's level 500 with protection 170 against everything. (I used MARVIN to check that). I look this up and only one other person had this problem, but I can't think of anyway to beat him, without leveling to 50, or MARVIN, or possibly a Demon Summon. It's also important to note that I killed Biff earlier in the game because of the dialogue options that lead him to attacking me, and I didn't do a coup de grace, he simply died after I knocked him down...

HI

for any chance would this happen to be the last dragon to kill in chapter 4, if so I believe it is a glitch in the game as I had the same problem the last dragon was invincible this may be a bug in the game. IF is the case its not a major problem it will not halt your game just leave the valley of mines and you will automatically reach chapter 5.
    Try it out and let me know how you get on.

9. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #9
    Mythos Avatar von Onisuzume

Onisuzume ist offline
    Second edit: In my opinion the Claw of Beliar is the 1st or 2nd best weapon in the entire game, because it has the chance of extra damage, which is a massive 100 damage more, and that comes close to even the Large Ore Dragon Slayer, I THINK.
    Die Klauwe Beliars is a piss-poor weapon, actually.
    First, you need to sacrifice health to improve it.
    And second:
    Spoiler:(zum lesen bitte Text markieren)
    the special damage thingy hit yourself when fighting the undead dragon

So yeah, you need a better weapon.
    The Orkschlächter is fairly strong (130) and easy to get (top of temple pyramid near that portal to Jharkhendar).

Also, try eating a black ore before fighting him.
    It slows down the world around you, giving you more time to hit as well as more time to evade possible counter-attacks. Downside, there's only 6 black ores in the entire game.
    for any chance would this happen to be the last dragon to kill in chapter 4
    No, he's doing them in the suggester order, so he still has to kill the ice dragon.

10. Beiträge anzeigen #10

mjfraser100 ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von GhostedRebel Beitrag anzeigen

If you are out of options you could also Hire Bliff the dragon hunter he is quite strong fighter he will certainly help you take out your dragon bliff hangs out near entrance to the valley of mines where you find all the other dragon hunters at the beginning chapter for. I may be wrong but if you go to xdardis old tower in the valley of mines you may also find demon summing scroll.

11. Beiträge anzeigen #11
    Veteran Avatar von Ratamahatta

Ratamahatta ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von mjfraser100 Beitrag anzeigen
    If you are out of options you could also Hire Bliff the dragon hunter he is quite strong fighter he will certainly help you take out your dragon bliff hangs out near entrance to the valley of mines where you find all the other dragon hunters at the beginning chapter for. I may be wrong but if you go to xdardis old tower in the valley of mines you may also find demon summing scroll.
    I think he killed Biff earlier in the game, so no Help from him
    http://forum.worldofplayers.de/forum/signaturepics/sigpic104766_2.gif

12. Beiträge anzeigen #12
    Hero Avatar von .†.MikeL.†.

.†.MikeL.†. ist offline
    The Ore Dragon Slayer (Dragon Hunter's weapon) is the strongest sword in the game, you need some dragon blood and magic ore in order to create it if I remember correctly. The Mercenary's blacksmith can make it for you back in Onar's farm.

13. Beiträge anzeigen #13

mjfraser100 ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von .†.MikeL.†. Beitrag anzeigen
    The Ore Dragon Slayer (Dragon Hunter's weapon) is the strongest sword in the game, you need some dragon blood and magic ore in order to create it if I remember correctly. The Mercenary's blacksmith can make it for you back in Onar's farm.
    Yea but that doesn't happen until the hero is in chapter five and is exploring monastery library. Any way if you have killed bliff your only other option is to obtain demon summoning scroll however I am not sure how they face of against the dragons in Night of the ravens claw as this add on was designed for hard core gamers even the orcs are solid.

14. Beiträge anzeigen #14

mjfraser100 ist offline
    By the way if you think these dragons are hard wait until you face off against the undead dragon in the end he is literally solid I would suggest leveling up your hero and by plenty of demon summon scrolls as the face of with the undead dragon is hard and the demons want last long so you will want to make sure every sword hit count.

15. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #15
    Mythos Avatar von Onisuzume

Onisuzume ist offline
    I am not sure how they face of against the dragons in Night of the ravens claw as this add on was designed for hard core gamers even the orcs are solid.
    Like I said before, Black Ore.
    Also, clearing the world of animals/orks/etc. helps a lot as well.

16. Beiträge anzeigen #16

.†.MikeL.†. ist offline
    Yea but that doesn't happen until the hero is in chapter five and is exploring monastery library. Any way if you have killed bliff your only other option is to obtain demon summoning scroll however I am not sure how they face of against the dragons in Night of the ravens claw as this add on was designed for hard core gamers even the orcs are solid.
    If my memory doesn't fail me, you can get the sword as long as you have equired dragon blood, doesn't matter what chapter you're in, the blacksmith will see the blood and tell you about his new recipe or something like that, been several years since I last played Gothic.

17. Beiträge anzeigen #17
    Hydrabogen Avatar von Windmacht

Windmacht ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von .†.MikeL.†. Beitrag anzeigen
    If my memory doesn't fail me, you can get the sword as long as you have equired dragon blood, doesn't matter what chapter you're in, the blacksmith will see the blood and tell you about his new recipe or something like that, been several years since I last played Gothic.
    No, mjfraser100 is right. The ore dragon slayer is not avaiable before the 5th chapter.
    So it is also written on moonsinging: Click.

18. Beiträge anzeigen #18

.†.MikeL.†. ist offline
    Strange, I'm positive that I had the sword before fighting the Ice Dragon in almost all of my Gothic 2 runs. Maybe it really has been a very long time since then.