Home Gothic Gothic II Gothic 3 Gothic 4 Downloads Forums

Ergebnis 1 bis 5 von 5
  1. Beiträge anzeigen #1
    Ranger

KeeperUTX ist offline

Problem: No one is saying anything

Recently I made an attempt to install Dark Saga, a mod for G2NotR. But in my impatience I killed all the VDFS processes and I'm thinking that if i get all the speech files for G2NotR, it might solve the problem. So can anyone give me a link to the speech files?
    The coin is still turning.
    [Bild: tOC_sig1.jpg]

2. Beiträge anzeigen #2
    Knight Commander

Nisarg ist offline
    If you have NotR, you have the speech files. If the mod requires its own speech files, there should be a download link to those speech files with the download link of the mod itself.

Not that I ever tried to install Dark Saga (sounds interesting, might try it out after BG2!), so I might not be right here, do you mean the VDFS process before the game starts?

Is the game even supposed to start if you kill the VDFS process (I mean vdfs32e.exe or vdfs32g.exe) instead of letting it complete?

Try restarting the game and letting the VDFS process complete this time.

If you still don't see dialogues, you should forcibly terminate the game using the task manager. There is also a key in the INI file which you could set to 1, I think it's called 'First start' or something like that.

If you STILL don't see dialogues, then there is a certain folder with the files ou.csl and ou.bin. Rename them to ou.lsc and ou.dat respectively. Or, if the folder has ou.lsc and ou.dat, rename them to ou.csl and ou.dat.

And in the future, be a little patient and refrain from killing such process. The developers don't get an orgasm by including useless annoying processes. If the process is there, it does something essential to run the game properly.
    My skin for Opera Web Browser.[Bild: tOC_sig1.jpg]

3. Beiträge anzeigen #3
    Ranger

KeeperUTX ist offline
    Let me be a bit more accurate:

I was killing VDFS when it started up DURING the installation of the mod, and now people in the normal game won't even say anything; no speech, no subtitles, NOTHING.

Although now that I think of it, I may have accidentally deleted the speech files while moving them into a different folder for safe keeping. Don't know how, I just think that getting those files would solve my dilemma. I'd HATE to re-install G2Gold - it takes litteraly forever on my junk-of-a-computer - 1.60 GHz and 1024 RAM don't make an epic fast computer, and I can't get a better one until October...

4. Beiträge anzeigen #4
    Deus Avatar von WernerTWC

WernerTWC ist offline
    Hate it or not, do a clean re-install and your problems should be solved.

You won't get the whole speech files here because of copyright-issues.

Be patient, re-install, take a walk in the park while installing, .... good luck!

5. Beiträge anzeigen #5
    Ranger

KeeperUTX ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von WernerTWC Beitrag anzeigen
    Hate it or not, do a clean re-install and your problems should be solved.

You won't get the whole speech files here because of copyright-issues.

Be patient, re-install, take a walk in the park while installing, .... good luck!

Hmm. Good point, WernerTWC. After all I do have oh say two months of time, seeing as school is over. Thx man