Home Gothic Gothic II Gothic 3 Gothic 4 Downloads Forums

Ergebnis 1 bis 7 von 7
  1. Beiträge anzeigen #1
    Rookie

jelf ist offline

Character will spin in circle after casting "self-centered area spell" with CM 2.4

So I installed Gothic 3, CP 1.75, QP 4.2, QP patch for CP 1.75 and finally CM 2.4 with the "no QP" version.

Most things seem to be fine, except one thing: my character will keep spinning in circle after casting spells like flame wave and frost wave. The chance for that to occur is not 100%, but around 50-90%. It is still a major hindrance though.

I can't move but I can still cast other spells.

Basically it means my character's stuck in a position like this forever after casting those spells.
    [Bild: 7179374433_b110d3042e_b.jpg]

Does anyone know why this happens and how to solve it?

Thank you.

2. Beiträge anzeigen #2
    Ranger Avatar von Celestial

Celestial ist offline
    If you have any teleporter stones (even the Ardea one) try to teleport and you may free yourself.

3. Beiträge anzeigen #3
    Rookie

jelf ist offline
    Thanks for your reply. I tried but it didn't help. My character is still stuck after teleporting.

I tried it out a bit more. I seem to be able to move if I transform into an animal. But as soon as I transform back to human it'll be stuck again.

4. Beiträge anzeigen #4
    Dragonslayer Avatar von Zeri0n

Zeri0n ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von jelf Beitrag anzeigen
    Thanks for your reply. I tried but it didn't help. My character is still stuck after teleporting.

I tried it out a bit more. I seem to be able to move if I transform into an animal. But as soon as I transform back to human it'll be stuck again.
    What about reloading the game? (I mean, not restarting it, but you may try to save it (when you start spinning) and load that last save)

5. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #5
    Veteran Avatar von CrashMorraKan

CrashMorraKan ist offline
    i know a solution, it happened to me many times! as when i started spinning i draw my staff and attacked with it... (spin attack) and i was released from this state. no need to reload or teleport.i think even a sword or axe will work.

6. Beiträge anzeigen #6
    Rookie

jelf ist offline
    Thanks guys. Though not solving the problem fundamentally, these solutions are still able to fix the problem.

But I seem to have found another problem.

It's related to the sound effects. The sound effects in the game seem to be a bit "intermittent"(sorry for the poor choice of word).
    By that I mean the sound doesn't play properly. For example for the flame sound it'll play for one or two seconds, and then stop for one or two seconds, and play again. It also happens to other sound effects like the sound of drawing a bow.

Is there a way to fix it? Thank you.

edit: Checked again and found that it is probably caused by "Entity ROI" settings. I changed the "Entity ROI" value back to default and the problem no longer occurs. It would be great if there's a way to keep a high "Entity ROI" value as well as no sound glitches.
    Geändert von jelf (16.06.2012 um 06:08 Uhr)

7. Beiträge anzeigen #7
    Ranger Avatar von Celestial

Celestial ist offline
    Luckily, I never get 'super glued' in G3...yet sometimes I and npcs will 'slide' instead of walking or running, kind of like skate-boarding in a way.

Orcs skateboadring, cool!