Home Gothic Gothic II Gothic 3 Gothic 4 Downloads Forums

Ergebnis 1 bis 7 von 7
  1. Beiträge anzeigen #1
    Rookie Avatar von Czarnobog

Czarnobog ist offline

G3 - Playing as a mage

Hi. I got G3 with the 1.75 patch, QP 4.2 and CM 2.4. It is my first playthrough and I've decided to go through as a mage. I'm finishing with Okara and Montera and I see some problems.

I'm around level 20, I have some AK, Mana, trophy skills and difficult locks. I notice, that the spells are too weak with too little mana to keep casting them. I look forward to mana regen but it's still a dozen levels away, completely ignoring things like health and not even talking about having to find someone to teach me it. The only gameplay for now is either warrior without strength or an archer without hunting...

Does playing as a mage mean being a weak warrior/archer for most of the game or did I miss something important?

2. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #2
    Fighter Avatar von Darth Crow

Darth Crow ist offline
    I must say I have had the same problem with all Gothic games... mainly the one with mana. But there must be a solution
    Brothers of Metal will always be there, standing together with hands in the air!

VIVA GOTHIC!

3. Beiträge anzeigen #3
    Ranger Avatar von Emilyan

Emilyan ist offline
    The game is very hard as a mage. Actually, any game of the gothic series. The fact that you must build up mana untill you get to a decent state, ignoring the rest of the stats/spells, is very annoying. In my opinion, to manage gothic 3 as a mage, you need a huge experience regarding this game, as well as smart calculations to get the learning points spent in the most efficient way possible. So....well...game experience
    And now, after the hero killed rhobar the second, he joined xardas and they went to The Unknown Lands, where other dangers await him and new legendary creatures to be killed...

4. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #4
    Veteran Avatar von CrashMorraKan

CrashMorraKan ist offline
    you toying with him, not telling the most important thing to increase damage as a mage. LOL it's...
    Spoiler:(zum lesen bitte Text markieren)
    AK the higher the AK the the more damage your spells do.

i have a level 93 dark mage (beliar) path on youtube, called "gothic 3 level 93 O_O' "

still i think Mage in gothic 2 notr is harder to make than in gothic 3... and with mod "Returning" and ReBalance it's trice as harder.

5. Beiträge anzeigen #5
    Rookie Avatar von Czarnobog

Czarnobog ist offline
    Thanks. I do know it was supposed to be hard but some moments do surprise me. Esspecialy the minecrawler cave near Okara. That was so hard... until I noticed the the hundred mana restoring plants in my inventory. Still, I get the feeling that sitting on a bench or a stool should regen mana as well as life.

6. Beiträge anzeigen #6
    Fighter Avatar von SkullX

SkullX ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Czarnobog Beitrag anzeigen

Does playing as a mage mean being a weak warrior/archer for most of the game or did I miss something important?

If you play with AB on, then yes is 10x times harder.

Without that...at level 20 you own the game.
    If you even try to look the other way...

7. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #7
    Veteran Avatar von CrashMorraKan

CrashMorraKan ist offline
    10x? come on... 1.5x or x2 maximum. well, if you are a gothic veteran like me, then... it's easier.