Portal-Zone Gothic-Zone Gothic II-Zone Gothic 3-Zone Gothic 4-Zone Modifikationen-Zone Download-Zone Foren-Zone RPG-Zone Almanach-Zone Spirit of Gothic

Seite 2 von 2 « Erste 12
Ergebnis 21 bis 23 von 23
  1. Beiträge anzeigen #21 Zitieren
    Apprentice

salam123 ist offline
    [QUOTE = Gottfried; 19027603]
    DecDat

One or the other may still remember the ReaDat tool, which I also screwed together . The DecDat presented here (or "d2" for short) can be seen roughly as the big brother of this.

But what do you need a big brother for? DecDat can do a little more than ReaDat, and what ReaDat could do in an improved manner.
    ReaDat could be used to examine the content of a dat. All symbols were listed and distributed over various tables, functions, instances and prototypes could be viewed more closely in the form of parser tokens.
    DecDat goes one step further: It is possible to display the Daedalus code (almost *) in its original form. The GothicSourcer could do that too, but he was happy to give up on dirty matters (Ikarus and Le Co.).

In addition to this new main aspect, the possibility of completely reconstructing the Dat as a Daedalus script (also distributed over several files via the export definition), the interface has been revised. There is only one table in which all symbols are listed, but a new search field has been added that can be fed with regular expressions . (The missing search field made ReaDat pretty useless, I think.)
    So far it is only possible to search for ID, type and name, I am aware that this is still limited, but better than nothing.

Without digressing too far, I created this tool for two reasons.
    1. I have lost the source code of ReaDat and it has become unmaintainable - despite some flaws that I still wanted to eliminate
    2. I needed a reliable way to reconstruct a .dat. (Even with more sophisticated code that the Gothicsourcer doesn't grab.)

Like ReaDat, the tool can be used to better understand the bytecode, and at the same time it can serve as a last resort for scripts believed to be lost.
    Concise help files are integrated into the program for the mysterious "export definition", as well as for the regular expressions and the token abbreviations.

* When parsing the scripts, some information is lost, so it is possible that an instance name is interpreted as an int or the like. If you really want to make a .dat fully usable, you should definitely keep to the order of the symbols!
    Furthermore, the formatting is of course lost.

Contrary to the other tools that I have brought here so far, this program was not made with C #, but with Java. (Swing for the surface.)
    So far, I cannot guarantee an error-free export. If you find a bug, please report it!

With wise foresight, I attach the source code directly this time. I don't want to lose it again.

I wish everyone a happy decompiling!

MfG Gottfried [/ QUOTE]
    After exporting the information out of gothic.dat with your tool in a large file .d, how can I compile it back?

2. Beiträge anzeigen #22 Zitieren
    Apprentice Avatar von Auronen

Auronen ist offline

New DecDat development

Hello everyone,
    While working on the Phoenix project, I took on the task of decompiling old versions of compiled scripts. I modified DecDat for that, and while I was at it and to make life a bit easier, I implemented some improvements to the program.

Some of the new features are:
    • English interface (I understand german, but I wanted to make it a bit more approachable)
    • String substitution - strings are substituted into the code in the place of the links to the string table
    • Instance substitution - initial implementation of instance substitution (int -> instance)

And some other QoL improvements

I have also tracked some issues presented in this thread and also from what I heard people had trouble with with DecDat, those are tracked in the issues section.

You can find the project here: https://github.com/auronen/DecDat

PS. I am aware this project did not come with any license, I opted to release it under MIT license, but if there are any objections or tips what to do, please let me know

3. Beiträge anzeigen #23 Zitieren
    Rookie

totya ist offline
    salam123Hi!

First of all, I'm sorry, I don't speak German, only a little English

Easy Gothic Mod Translator is an excellent app for translate (G1) mod, but some words missing, so I looking for the solution.

My question, with this app (DecDat) can I translate the missing words from G1 mod (Gothic.DAT) mean: open-modify-save ?

Thanks!

edit.: it'similar of salam123 question (07.03.2021 06:05):
    After exporting the information out of gothic.dat with your tool in a large file .d, how can I compile it back?
    Geändert von totya (17.01.2023 um 23:15 Uhr)

Seite 2 von 2 « Erste 12