Home Gothic Gothic II Gothic 3 Gothic 4 Downloads Forums

Ergebnis 1 bis 6 von 6
  1. Beiträge anzeigen #1
    Fighter Avatar von SkullX

SkullX ist offline

Gothic 3 Resolution and Shadows

Hi, so I play gothic 3 with 1.74 QP and CM.

I play with 1024x768 reso...and i want to change it to 1280x1024, I can't do it from ingame so please someon tell me how to change from the .ini , if I can, Im not that good at this .ini thing.

Also I play with Shadows on medium...shadows are there except the hero's shadow and other peoples.So just thadows from houses, trees appear, why's that?

Thanks
    If you even try to look the other way...

2. Beiträge anzeigen #2
    Knight Commander

Nisarg ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von SkullX Beitrag anzeigen
    Also I play with Shadows on medium...shadows are there except the hero's shadow and other peoples.So just thadows from houses, trees appear, why's that?
    I guess it's because you have Shadows on Medium. If you want people (or beasts) to cast shadows, you should set Shadows to High.
    My skin for Opera Web Browser.[Bild: tOC_sig1.jpg]

3. Beiträge anzeigen #3

SkullX ist offline
    It's strange...uff

I would also like to know what Rim Lighting and Soft Water/Particles do, cuz those seem to interact with the shadows or something

4. Beiträge anzeigen #4
    Ehrengarde

Dimus ist offline
    @ SkullX:
    Do you have a Vista or Seven installed? If yes, then modify UserOptions.ini file located in C:\Users\%USERNAME%\Documents\Gothic3 folder. Open it with any text editor and change following parameters values (example):
    Code:
    Resolution.Width=1024
    Resolution.Height=768
    Resolution.RefreshRate=60
    Of course new values should be supported by your video card and monitor, otherwise game crash will occur:
    g_App::Create failed: Can't create application singleton. Check log for more infos.

5. Beiträge anzeigen #5
    Knight Commander

Nisarg ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von SkullX Beitrag anzeigen
    I would also like to know what Rim Lighting and Soft Water/Particles do, cuz those seem to interact with the shadows or something
    No, they don't.

Rim lighting won't affect the visuals much, but if you look carefully, you can see the difference with Rim lighting on or off. There was also a comparison screenshot in whichever thread it was announced first.

Without soft water, even the shallow water will look opaque, and the particles (which are a different shader effect but controlled with the same switch) will clip through the meshes. Again, there were comparison screenshots in whichever thread they were announced first.
    My skin for Opera Web Browser.[Bild: tOC_sig1.jpg]

6. Beiträge anzeigen #6

SkullX ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Dimus Beitrag anzeigen
    @ SkullX:
    Do you have a Vista or Seven installed? If yes, then modify UserOptions.ini file located in C:\Users\%USERNAME%\Documents\Gothic3 folder. Open it with any text editor and change following parameters values (example):
    Code:
    Resolution.Width=1024
    Resolution.Height=768
    Resolution.RefreshRate=60
    Of course new values should be supported by your video card and monitor, otherwise game crash will occur:

Yes I have W7, and thanx. But it seems that whatever I modify won't change anything, and some values like 1280x1024 turns into a error when starting the game...uhm...well tx nevertheless.