Home Gothic Gothic II Gothic 3 Gothic 4 Downloads Forums

Ergebnis 1 bis 13 von 13
  1. Beiträge anzeigen #1
    Apprentice

Elius ist offline

Did anione find a solution for this after 10years?

Gothic2GoldDid anyone find a solution for object flickering here and there?Not much,here and there on some mushroms and acouple of benches in xardases basement(where the plants are).but not on trees,their ok.Im not sing mods. I did only enable antialiasing for ashort while,and disabled it. I dont know wether this is the result of that..?I reinstalled the game acouple of times and started new game,but no help.Anyway, id like to know did anybody found a solution to that object flickering, in the last 10 years since gothic 2 graphics were created??Thanks.Ps: I'm NOT gonna post my dxdiag.Thx.

2. Beiträge anzeigen #2
    Knight Commander

Nisarg ist offline
    Yes, please don't post your DxDiag report here, it's vewy unsafe. I'm sure we'll telepathically find out your problem.

It may help if you post what OS you use, what your graphics card is and which drivers (version) you use and if you already tried messing around in Gothic.ini (there are a couple of options in there, one of which might help).
    My skin for Opera Web Browser.[Bild: tOC_sig1.jpg]

3. Beiträge anzeigen #3
    Apprentice

Elius ist offline
    NO! I did not mess up my .ini !I dont even open it any more!I only once activated antialiasing and turned it of because there was no diference. I know my way around the ini,and i never touch something with no reason there.I' ve already tried " zSyncAmbientCol " , but it didnt make stop the minor flickering.Well , I dont see what diference is my dxdiag gonna make? My computer is in more than superb condition . I use Windows XP Pro SP3 .I just recently had it reinstalled,i dont have any kind of internet connected for safety reasons,i use it only for gaming,so it is completely fresh and clean.I hope you are not gonna insult me,like dose guys on some braggart forums like incrysis and bethesda,and start going: "ha ha ,ur pc is ancient! Haha". It is not all that new,i mean, im sure u dont think that i have a 60000€ beast of a PC . It serves me well,and i am satisfied with it; I play Two Worlds 1 on max with no problem,an Oblivion with lots of mods and even QuarlsTexturePatck3.0Redimized with no problem.So,here,(its not much): Windows XP Pro SP3Intel 2.53 Ghz (64 bit supported)Ati Radeon X800 256 Mb (ddr3)Ram 1024 Mb.Thats it.

4. Beiträge anzeigen #4
    Schwertmeister Avatar von bigsnappy

bigsnappy ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Elius Beitrag anzeigen
    So,here,(its not much): Windows XP Pro SP3Intel 2.53 Ghz (64 bit supported)Ati Radeon X800 256 Mb (ddr3)Ram 1024 Mb.Thats it.
    Well, some years ago I had a X800 and that card now and then gave me flickerung objects in Gothic 2 too. So my guess it's either the card or the software related to it.
    Everything is relative... until it bites.

5. Beiträge anzeigen #5
    Schwertmeister Avatar von warstrike

warstrike ist offline
    Did you try re-installing the game? A resolution problem maybe?

6. Beiträge anzeigen #6
    Apprentice

Elius ist offline

Smile

Yes thanks for reminding me.. I did reinstall a couple of times..I run on 1680x1050 22" Philips..But strange, actualy good for me.. I ran quite a bit of the island on foot today ,and, flickering did not occur at all , for 7 hours.. so when I come to think of it, the only flickering that had occured,was at Xardase' benches in the basement ..still very minor,and only without a torch,once every min...And as the mushrooms (in the cave by the tower) are concerned..they didnt flicker much, when I started a new game..All in all , theres absolutely no flickering except for those benches..

7. Beiträge anzeigen #7
    Knight Commander

Nisarg ist offline
    I dont see what diference is my dxdiag gonna make?
    It may help us see if there are any problems with the drivers or incorrect DirectX installations. Which may cause problems such as flickering meshes.

I hope you are not gonna insult me,like dose guys on some braggart forums like incrysis and bethesda,and start going: "ha ha ,ur pc is ancient! Haha".
    There are two reasons why I won't do that:
    1) I don't say such things - at most I might point out that your PC doesn't meet minimum requirements by a long chalk, but only if necessary. (i.e. not for G1/G2)

2) I don't even have a functioning graphics card right now, two of the four RAM slots on my motherboard are borked, and my UPS just doesn't do the job any more. So it isn't like I have a powerful system anyway. (Intel Core2Duo E6550, 2x1024 MB DDR2 RAM, and a motherboard (Intel DG33FB) that supports it.)

So,here,(its not much): Windows XP Pro SP3Intel 2.53 Ghz (64 bit supported)Ati Radeon X800 256 Mb (ddr3)Ram 1024 Mb.Thats it.
    As bigsnappy said, it might be a problem with the card itself. But do you use the latest drivers (IF they support G1/G2)?

8. Beiträge anzeigen #8
    Apprentice

Elius ist offline
    Yes. Like I said, my computer has just recently been completely serviced by profesionals and authorized personel in a local comuter service shop. So everything was reinstalled: Windows Xp Pro Sp3 was reinstalled ,latest directx 9.0c supported by my card, latest ati drivers from this year...you know how it goes, when you have your computer serviced?dont you? So i dont dubt their knowledge..everithing was done in an hour at most..so my computer is REALLY in "Tip-Top" state.Ps: why does everything end up in one pile when i write?

9. Beiträge anzeigen #9
    Knight Commander

Nisarg ist offline
    you know how it goes, when you have your computer serviced?dont you?
    No, I don't.
    Probably because I service my computer myself.

So i dont dubt their knowledge..everithing was done in an hour at most..so my computer is REALLY in "Tip-Top" state.
    I guess so. But if that is true, it is either a known hardware problem with G2, or with the drivers.

Ps: why does everything end up in one pile when i write?
    Hmmm, do you use the enter key to change to new line (or para)? If yes, what browser are you using? Also, does this problem (if any) persist in Notepad, etc?

10. Beiträge anzeigen #10
    Apprentice

Elius ist offline

Angry

Helooo! Is there anybody else who can say something, besides braggarts and morons who don't even read a word I say, and turn all the blame on my PC and Drivers , that are, completely OUT OF THE QUESTION !! OUT OF THE QUESTION !! Don't be noobs people ! -~> (bigsnappy), etc.. If my graphic card or drivers had "poblems" , I certanly wouldn't be able to play Two Worlds 1 and Oblivion (with QuarlsTexturePack3.0) ,that are most sensitive, with no problems, crashes, etc. I have NO , 0 , CTD's on Oblivion ! I've heard of idiots that were to big idiots to arange just a small number of 40 mods correctly and screwed up their Oblivion and went blameing the game saying retarded stuff like, that it is unstable,or has bugs,or that thats normal, and crap like that ... MAN !!

11. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #11
    Deus Avatar von Lobedan

Lobedan ist offline
    Helooo! Is there anybody else who can say something, besides braggarts and morons who don't even read a word I say, and turn all the blame on my PC and Drivers , that are, completely OUT OF THE QUESTION !! OUT OF THE QUESTION !! Don't be noobs people ! -~> (bigsnappy), etc.. If my graphic card or drivers had "poblems" , I certanly wouldn't be able to play Two Worlds 1 and Oblivion (with QuarlsTexturePack3.0) ,that are most sensitive, with no problems, crashes, etc. I have NO , 0 , CTD's on Oblivion ! I've heard of idiots that were to big idiots to arange just a small number of 40 mods correctly and screwed up their Oblivion and went blameing the game saying retarded stuff like, that it is unstable,or has bugs,or that thats normal, and crap like that ... MAN !!
    Great show, congratulations! If you are really interested in help try it with a better tone. This isn't the way we want to talk in here.

12. Beiträge anzeigen #12
    Knight Commander

Nisarg ist offline
    Helooo! Is there anybody else who can say something, besides braggarts and morons who don't even read a word I say, and turn all the blame on my PC and Drivers , that are, completely OUT OF THE QUESTION !! OUT OF THE QUESTION !! Don't be noobs people ! -~> (bigsnappy), etc.. If my graphic card or drivers had "poblems" , I certanly wouldn't be able to play Two Worlds 1 and Oblivion (with QuarlsTexturePack3.0) ,that are most sensitive, with no problems, crashes, etc. I have NO , 0 , CTD's on Oblivion !
    How about you shut the fuck up about things you don't know much about, eh? Instead of being a bigmouth newbie yourself, why don't you do a little fucking research? Older games are liable to have problems with newer systems. There may or may not be solutions to that.

Especially, later drivers can break support for older games. There was a series of nvidia drivers that couldn't render outdoor environments in Gothic and Gothic II and made the game crash. Even though the same drivers improved performance in DX9c games such as Oblivion.

So, please stay polite or shut the fuck up about shit you don't know. I don't recall opening a thread about stuff flickering in G1/G2 with the Intel onboard graphics accelerator on Core2Duo E6550 and compatible motherboards.

The exact problem is with the game, and it is as yet unsolved. But only certain combinations of graphics cards and drivers cause the problem, so we suggest rolling back the driver in case it fixes that. Clearly, you're too fucking vain to admit such a solution.

13. Beiträge anzeigen #13
    Schwertmeister Avatar von bigsnappy

bigsnappy ist offline

Thumbs down

Helooo! Is there anybody else who can say something, besides braggarts and morons who don't even read a word I say, ....

If a thread starter starts to insult the members trying to help,
    members tend not to help anymore,
    and the moderator tends to see a thread that doesn't help anyone.....
    Everything is relative... until it bites.