Home Gothic Gothic II Gothic 3 Gothic 4 Downloads Forums

Ergebnis 1 bis 6 von 6
  1. Beiträge anzeigen #1
    banned

MatTheCat ist offline

Anyone know how to disable dorky 'nameless hero' voice in the Quest PAcket 4.2?

Having wasted a bit of my time recently with Risen 2, and then out of my abject dissapointment, I wasted yet more time by even trying out Arcania....I have turned back to G3, and am delighted to discover the 1.75 CP, alongside the Quest Packet and the CM 2.4 bundle.

The game looks and runs absolutely stunningly and now there are loads more quests and characters to entertain myself with....fantasitic stuff...all except for the dorky voice that the nameless hero has for the new quests.

This for me is a real immersion breaker and considering the many good quality voices in the QP, it beggars belief that such a voice has been chosen for the nameless hero. Does anyone know of a way in which this dorky retard voice can be turned off? Combined with the nameless heros original voice being used throughout the game, I could easily get by just reading the responses and placing the 'natural' voice of the hero to the dialogue in my imagination.

I know that when installing the CM 2.4, I have the option of turning voice overs on/off, but I dont want to turn all the voices off, only the voice of the nameless hero in the QP needs to go.

anyone?

2. Beiträge anzeigen #2
    Ehrengarde

Dimus ist offline
    Well, foobar's voice considerably differs from the Christian Wewerka's voice. If you don't like this voice, you should cut out it from the QuestPaket resources (Gothic 3 PAK Tools from NicoDE are useful):
    Spoiler:(zum lesen bitte Text markieren)
    - to unpack Speech_German.mod package contents;
    - to remove from subdirectories all files like INFO_Player_PC_Hero_*.*;
    - to pack speech files in the Speech_German.mod package again.

After these manipulations you won't hear foobar's voice anymore.

3. Beiträge anzeigen #3
    banned

MatTheCat ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Dimus Beitrag anzeigen
    Well, foobar's voice considerably differs from the Christian Wewerka's voice. If you don't like this voice, you should cut out it from the QuestPaket resources (Gothic 3 PAK Tools from NicoDE are useful):
    Spoiler:(zum lesen bitte Text markieren)
    - to unpack Speech_German.mod package contents;
    - to remove from subdirectories all files like INFO_Player_PC_Hero_*.*;
    - to pack speech files in the Speech_German.mod package again.

After these manipulations you won't hear foobar's voice anymore.
    Many Many Thanks For This!!!

There is nothing wrong with the new voice in itself...its just going from the Hero's 'proper' voice to this 'other' voice distrubs me somehow and I would prefer just to read the text and superimpose the Heros voice in QP situations in my own head.

EDIT:

That Gothic 3 Pak tools from NicoDE didnt seem to do anything except open a cmd window which closed as soon as any key was pressed. If any kind of computer language know-how was required here then I am afraid that would be beyond my capabilities.

EDIT AGAIN:

I have downloaded the "Gothic III - PAK Packer-Unpacker (with CP 1.70 support) by SergeyS".

Using this I succesfully managed to remove the QP heroes voice!!!

So a big thanks for that again!
    Geändert von MatTheCat (17.05.2012 um 14:40 Uhr)

4. Beiträge anzeigen #4
    Ranger

JerrodAmolyan ist offline
    That awkward moment when you learn that this "dorky" voice belongs to an admin of the forums of the game. :-D

5. Beiträge anzeigen #5
    Knight Commander

Nisarg ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von JerrodAmolyan Beitrag anzeigen
    That awkward moment when you learn that this "dorky" voice belongs to an admin of the forums of the game. :-D
    No, I think he's a super mod, not an admin. The hierarchy is a bit more complex on WoP.
    My skin for Opera Web Browser.[Bild: tOC_sig1.jpg]

6. Beiträge anzeigen #6
    banned

MatTheCat ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von JerrodAmolyan Beitrag anzeigen
    LOL.

The biggest thing that bothered me was the stark difference between the proper voice and Foobar's voice. I was finding it was smashing my immersion big time. Now that I just have text subtitles when the hero speaks in the add-on quests, the illusion of identitifcation with the character is much more consistent.

To be honest though, whilst there are some pretty good voices in the QP 4.2, well acted, dramatic, and emphatic, Foobar's voice aint one of them.....or at least it is not an appropriate voice for the nameless hero.