Home Gothic Gothic II Gothic 3 Gothic 4 Downloads Forums

Ergebnis 1 bis 3 von 3
  1. Beiträge anzeigen #1
    Just arrived

andrex ist offline

Requirements

Hi
    I came across a discounted Gothic compilation and decided to buy it. It includes I, II and 3. My problem is when I try to install Gothic 1, I get various system crashes. I realise it is an old game but then my desktop is pretty old too. Before I go through too many hoops, I was wondering if anyone could tell me if it will ever work on my system.
    I am running XP (sp3) with a 512MB Pentium 4 3Ghz chip on an Intel integrated graphic chipset with 128 Mb ram. I understand the req is for 1024 system RAM but that is easy to fix if the rest works. DirectX9.0C is installed but dxdiag won't tell me anything about Shader Model 1.4.
    When I run the shortcut, the system crashes with an exception error pointing to 'ialmrnt5' which appears to be the (latest) graphics driver.
    I appreciate this is a very broad question and I think I already know the answer but can anyone tell me if they think I could get this working without trying to change the graphic card.
    Thanks in advance

2. Beiträge anzeigen #2
    Knight Commander

Nisarg ist offline
    Gothic 1 and 2 should work just fine. Gothic 3 probably won't without more RAM. And I guess it won't work with an integrated graphics card either, but I'm not sure.
    My skin for Opera Web Browser.[Bild: tOC_sig1.jpg]

3. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #3
    Veteran Avatar von CrashMorraKan

CrashMorraKan ist offline
    i think your system is great or even perfect for playing gothic 1.
    i run windows 7 64bit and gothic 1 is still working fine.