Home Risen Risen2 Risen3 Forum English Russian

Registrieren Hilfe Kalender Heutige Beiträge
Seite 1 von 2 12 Letzte »
Ergebnis 1 bis 20 von 25
  1. #1 Zitieren
    Kämpfer Avatar von Malkav
    Risen 2 - LoD Distance Mod

This mod does increase the LoD distances of all objects and prefabs (=grouping of single objects) in the game. Except speedtrees that are already covered by Baltrams AntiWarp Mod.

I tried to find suitable LoD values to keep the performance impact quite low. This means that I didn't just crank up the distances as much as possible. Besides I took the size (small/mid/big) and occurrence (outdor/interior) of all objects into account.
    According to my testings the FPS loss is less than 5%.

Download:

Packed Version

http://www.mediafire.com/?0033p79ri828df4
    Use this one with the latest patch.

Download the .zip and extract the file templates.p01 into the common folder of your Risen 2 installation.
    This is by default C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\risen 2\data\common

If you are using the preliminary version (v1) just copy this one over the old one to replace it.

Unpacked version

http://www.mediafire.com/?uxze8ag8284657q
    Use this one if your game is not (yet) patched.

Download the .zip file and extract all including files to the following directory:
    %userprofile%\AppData\Local\Risen2\Config\ , f.e. C:\User\MyName\AppData\Local\Risen2\Config\ (Windows Vista/7)
    C:\Documents and Settings\*User Name*\Local Settings\Application Data\Risen2 (Windows XP)

Screenshots

The following screenshot shows the new LoD distance thats has been applied to many objects like barrels or crates:

[Bild: loddistancenew1fey0k.jpg]

Comparison screenshots:

[Bild: lod315yz1p.jpg] [Bild: lod32u6az4.jpg]

[Bild: lod2156a30.jpg] [Bild: lod22tplxr.jpg]

[Bild: risen2_loddefault_1sxkrc.jpg] [Bild: risen2_lodimproved_1vpkoj.jpg]

Performance stats

Puerto Isabella, 45sec. run Average Minimum Maximum
    no mods, ini tuning 40.7 32 56.7
    LoD Distance Mod 40.1 (-1.6%) 32 55.3
    Average FPS of 3 runs

Antigua, 45sec. run Average Minimum Maximum
    no mods, ini tuning 44.7 31 61.7
    LoD Distance Mod 43.4 (-3%) 30.3 60
    Average FPS of 3 runs

Credits:
    NicoDE
    Baltram
    Blog
    Malkav ist offline Geändert von Malkav (14.05.2012 um 14:21 Uhr) Grund: Update

2. #2 Zitieren
    Warrior Avatar von AI
    Brilliant!

Together with Anti Warp this really does make a difference.
    Thank you so much for your hard work Malkav!
    AI ist offline

3. #3 Zitieren
    Adventurer
    doesnt seem to have worked for me, when i get about 3 feet towards a barrel the texture still changes, i have put it in the common folder, not sure what to do, i have a modified ini that uses the same value for small medium large, using someone elses suggestion on a forum to improve graphics could this be why
    leroy1985 ist offline

4. #4 Zitieren
    Zitat Zitat von leroy1985 Beitrag anzeigen
    doesnt seem to have worked for me, when i get about 3 feet towards a barrel the texture still changes, i have put it in the common folder, not sure what to do, i have a modified ini that uses the same value for small medium large, using someone elses suggestion on a forum to improve graphics could this be why
    The .p01 file will only work with the patch that has been released some hours ago. I will upload another version for the unpatched game tomorrow.
    What you can try now is saving the file as .p00.
    Blog
    Malkav ist offline

5. #5 Zitieren
    Adventurer
    oh ok, yeah my game isnt patched, just would like to say a big thanks to you talented modders who work hard to fix these problems we all hate, i hate this more then the tree warp, BIG THANK YOU, so i have to save the file as poo LOL, cheers ill try that, i i renamed it to p00 but the game just crashed, so ill check back tommorow, cheers anyway
    leroy1985 ist offline Geändert von leroy1985 (10.05.2012 um 02:32 Uhr)

6. #6 Zitieren
    Sysiphos  Avatar von Jodob
    great job, now i can enjoy the game
    Jodob ist offline

7. #7 Zitieren
    Lehrling Avatar von krist2
    Thanks alot, your mods really make this game much more enjoying!
    With your two mods, and disabling DOF, the game looks incredible much better! I
    would almost guess that the game would get better marks in reviews with this graphics..

Vielen Dank
    Half Austrian, writing in english, can read german without problems.
    krist2 ist offline Geändert von krist2 (10.05.2012 um 11:15 Uhr)

8. #8 Zitieren
    banned
    Great work man and a very interesting blog in your signature.
    This is helpful for ini tuning.

Why you're posting the digits of pi?
    Are you learning it? I had over thousand of digits in my head.
    But I stopped learning since 2 years.

other question:
    Are your Risen 2 modifications already patched?
    Perhaps some files get updated by latest official patch and you use the old files, did you check this?
    Oswald Mandus ist offline

9. #9 Zitieren
    Yes, this mod will only work with the patch for now. It's content is complementary to those files of the Risen 2 installation, there is no naming conflict.

OT: I'm a fan of Pi, that's why. This is also tributed to my hobby of overclocking and tweaking SuperPi runs.
    Blog
    Malkav ist offline

10. #10 Zitieren
    Legende Avatar von JFaron
    Why are you going to release an unpacked version? I think it's more comfortable to handle the archives instead of the AppData-Path
    JFaron ist offline

11. #11 Zitieren
    Ehrengarde Avatar von Baltram
    Zitat Zitat von JFaron Beitrag anzeigen
    Why are you going to release an unpacked version? I think it's more comfortable to handle the archives instead of the AppData-Path
    I agree.
    Baltram ist offline

12. #12 Zitieren
    I think some people have more doubts about doing changes to the game installation than cpoying files to the AppData directory. Besides there might occur naming conflicts with future mods. But in the end it's your choice anyway, isn't it?
    Blog
    Malkav ist offline

13. #13 Zitieren
    Adventurer Avatar von apocReg
    Zitat Zitat von krist2 Beitrag anzeigen
    Thanks alot, your mods really make this game much more enjoying!
    With your two mods, and disabling DOF, the game looks incredible much better! I
    would almost guess that the game would get better marks in reviews with this graphics..

Vielen Dank
    Disabling DOF??!?!?! Are you crazy, the DOF is amazing in Risen 2!!

Each to their own i guess
    apocReg ist offline

14. #14 Zitieren
    I don't like it too. The far focus distance is way to small. I just don't want buildings 50-100m in front of the camera starting to get blurry...
    Blog
    Malkav ist offline

15. #15 Zitieren
    Adventurer Avatar von apocReg
    I think I'm a little obsesses with DOF and other post processing effects in games, id rather have them over better textures any day of the week.... I know I'm in the minority there!
    apocReg ist offline

16. #16 Zitieren
    Waldläufer Avatar von JemJazem
    Hi,

ich habe jetzt Dein Mod und den von Baltram (Ultra) drauf, zusätzlich noch in der ini die Werte für die
    Sichbarkeit der Objekte hoch gedreht. Jetzt sind die Frameraten etwas im Keller. Ich habe jetzt AF auf 4 gestellt, scheint ein bischen was zu bringen.Für mich für ein SP RPG immer noch erträglich.

Was zieht da die meiste Leistung und jeweils wo (CPU oder GPU)

1. Anti Warp (GPU)
    2. Objektesichtweite (CPU und GPU ?)
    3. LoD Distance Mod (GPU ?)

Passt das so ?

Ich werde das mal mit Fraps durchmessen und bei Interesse Werte veröffentlichen.
    JemJazem ist offline

17. #17 Zitieren
    Legende Avatar von JFaron
    Zitat Zitat von Malkav Beitrag anzeigen
    I think some people have more doubts about doing changes to the game installation than cpoying files to the AppData directory. Besides there might occur naming conflicts with future mods. But in the end it's your choice anyway, isn't it?
    You really think that?
    It' simple logic: When I want some changes ingame, I copy some stuff to the installation directory.
    Everyone (who's an Admin) can simply access the installation directory, AppData is a hidden path mostly used for developers

edit: But you're right. Everybody can choose what he likes most. The best way would be an installer for AppData and one for Risen 2, maybe one that checks existing files (*.pak-structure) and stuff...
    JFaron ist offline Geändert von JFaron (11.05.2012 um 12:45 Uhr) Grund: look at the post ;)

18. #18 Zitieren
    Zitat Zitat von JemJazem Beitrag anzeigen
    Hi,

ich habe jetzt Dein Mod und den von Baltram (Ultra) drauf, zusätzlich noch in der ini die Werte für die
    Sichbarkeit der Objekte hoch gedreht. Jetzt sind die Frameraten etwas im Keller. Ich habe jetzt AF auf 4 gestellt, scheint ein bischen was zu bringen.Für mich für ein SP RPG immer noch erträglich.

Was zieht da die meiste Leistung und jeweils wo (CPU oder GPU)

1. Anti Warp (GPU)
    2. Objektesichtweite (CPU und GPU ?)
    3. LoD Distance Mod (GPU ?)

Passt das so ?

Ich werde das mal mit Fraps durchmessen und bei Interesse Werte veröffentlichen.
    Ja das passt so in etwa. Ich hab bei meinen Tests höchsten 2% FPS Verlust gehabt. Ausführliche Tests wollte ich erst machen wenn die Mod denn final ist.
    Die Frage ist auch wo die FPS bei dir am meisten gesunken sind. AntiWarp wirst du besonder stark im Wald merken, meine Mod hingegen eher in den Städten/Dörfern.

Zitat Zitat von JFaron Beitrag anzeigen
    You really think that?
    It' simple logic: When I want some changes ingame, I copy some stuff to the installation directory.
    Everyone (who's an Admin) can simply access the installation directory, AppData is a hidden path mostly used for developers

edit: But you're right. Everybody can choose what he likes most. The best way would be an installer for AppData and one for Risen 2, maybe one that checks existing files (*.pak-structure) and stuff...
    Yes I think so, which doesn't mean that I feel the same. I know people who fear to damage the game installation but the AppData is somehow seperate and feels more safe to them.
    It would be very nice if it's possible to automate the .p0x check by the installer.
    Blog
    Malkav ist offline

19. #19 Zitieren
    The mod is final now, have fun.
    Blog
    Malkav ist offline

20. #20 Zitieren
    Warrior Avatar von AI
    Thanks for all your hard work. it really improves the game a lot imho.
    AI ist offline

Seite 1 von 2 12 Letzte »