Home Gothic Gothic II Gothic 3 Gothic 4 Downloads Forums

Ergebnis 1 bis 16 von 16
  1. Beiträge anzeigen #1
    Veteran Avatar von kojocel

kojocel ist offline

Risen 2 worth buying?

Anyone plays it and could share a few thoughts (not spoilers)? I'm thinking of buying it, but I wonder if it's worth the money.

Thanks.
    "We live in an age when unnecessary things are our only necessities." Oscar Wilde
    Zone Survival Guide: Shadow of Chernobyl / Call of Pripyat

2. Beiträge anzeigen #2
    Knight Commander

Nisarg ist offline
    Take a look in WoR.
    My skin for Opera Web Browser.[Bild: tOC_sig1.jpg]

3. Beiträge anzeigen #3
    Veteran Avatar von kojocel

kojocel ist offline
    Ah, right. Forgot about that. Thanks for the reminder.

Cheers.
    "We live in an age when unnecessary things are our only necessities." Oscar Wilde
    Zone Survival Guide: Shadow of Chernobyl / Call of Pripyat

4. Beiträge anzeigen #4
    Ranger Avatar von Celestial

Celestial ist offline
    If there is not a demo, well, then I will wait...

5. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #5
    Mythos Avatar von Onisuzume

Onisuzume ist offline
    Eh, its fun enough, imo.

6. Beiträge anzeigen #6
    Ranger

JerrodAmolyan ist offline

Even I, who hate guns of all kinds and spammy new games...

Recommend you give it a try once it's not so damn expensive.

I enjoyed it, but it was too damn short (took me only 33 hours to do almost -everything-) for the 40€ I paid for it.

But really, the story was so good, I actually liked it alot. 'Sides it's Piranha Bytes. Compared to Skyrim (Which was FAIL in all of the word's meaning.) Risen 2 is a cool and challenging game. ALSO, what I like about PB games, is that you don't need levels for your character. You need SKILL with the system. The enemies don't really level up with you. You need to use tactics. Unlike in Skyrim where you just spam and spam and then spam more of the left click. In risen you CAN play like that... but I for one, enjoyed the parry and riposte attacking, then sneakily shooting with my pistol. You get the most out of it, by forgetting you're a lame emogirl... err, I mean emoboy, with a lame eyepatch and short, silly emohair. and focusing on roleplaying your way through, experiencing the possibilities of the combat system. It's not a hack and slasher, even though you can be a silly and use it as such. No lock on targets though, which sucked like there's no tomorrow. Also no bows, just stupid firearms. The minigames were awesome, which were the drinking and shooting games. Also duels.

But yeah... IMO, it's worth to buy it sooner or later. It's the best game that's come out in 6 years.

7. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #7
    Demigod Avatar von Bastardo

Bastardo ist offline
    I for one had no antiemo issues with the hero's looks and was extremely disappointed by the combat because the first Risen craps all over that.
    Geändert von Bastardo (15.05.2012 um 20:39 Uhr)

8. Beiträge anzeigen #8
    Knight Commander Avatar von TudoracheMG

TudoracheMG ist offline
    Don't forget to get the latest patch,it fixes many things and adds dodging and blocking monster attacks

9. Beiträge anzeigen #9
    Knight Avatar von Stalagmite

Stalagmite ist offline
    So far, I find it underwhelming at best. With day 1 DLC, cheesey pirate cliches, bad killcams, and an overabundance mundane skills, I think it's fair to say that PB overreached themselves for the first time since Gothic 3.

They (PB) should remain doing smaller budget projects without a publisher, using Kickstarter, because I think that that's where they shine the most; small worlds, rich scopes.

10. Beiträge anzeigen #10
    Knight Avatar von Ariogaisus

Ariogaisus ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Stalagmite Beitrag anzeigen
    So far, I find it underwhelming at best. With day 1 DLC, cheesey pirate cliches, bad killcams, and an overabundance mundane skills, I think it's fair to say that PB overreached themselves for the first time since Gothic 3.

They (PB) should remain doing smaller budget projects without a publisher, using Kickstarter, because I think that that's where they shine the most; small worlds, rich scopes.
    It costs a lot of money to make a game. PB doesn't have such a fanbase to actually get funding for their game. This was their most expensive game and they will have to recover from that huge loss.

But really, the story was so good, I actually liked it alot. 'Sides it's Piranha Bytes. Compared to Skyrim (Which was FAIL in all of the word's meaning.) Risen 2 is a cool and challenging game.
    Are you seriously blinded by your hate for Bethcrap?
    Geändert von Ariogaisus (11.06.2012 um 17:21 Uhr)

11. Beiträge anzeigen #11
    Knight Avatar von Stalagmite

Stalagmite ist offline
    I don't think PB could have a problem raising 500k or so to design another Gothic game with a similar scope to Gothic 1/2. I would say that they have at least 100k fans worldwide that would throw down some money towards the project.

But then again, I think Kickstarters have to be launched in the US, and PB is a German company, so it might be pretty difficult.

12. Beiträge anzeigen #12
    Ranger Avatar von Celestial

Celestial ist offline
    Maybe I give Angela Merkel a call and see if a small loan could be forthcoming. Mere peanuts

13. Beiträge anzeigen #13
    Veteran

Kraszu ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Ariogaisus Beitrag anzeigen
    It costs a lot of money to make a game. PB doesn't have such a fanbase to actually get funding for their game. This was their most expensive game and they will have to recover from that huge loss.
    The game was financed by publisher not by PB.

PB should have enough fans to get >3mln$ like wasteland 2 or double fine.

14. Beiträge anzeigen #14
    Ehrengarde

Dimus ist offline
    @ Kraszu:
    You are forgot that after releases of buggy Gothic 3, and also mediocre Risen and Risen 2 the number of fans considerably decreased. Therefore to collect 3 million bucks from the fans will be very inconvenient for PB team.

15. Beiträge anzeigen #15
    Veteran Avatar von Ratamahatta

Ratamahatta ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von JerrodAmolyan Beitrag anzeigen
    <...> is that you don't need levels for your character. You need SKILL with the system. The enemies don't really level up with you. You need to use tactics<...>
    http://forum.worldofplayers.de/forum/signaturepics/sigpic104766_2.gif

16. Beiträge anzeigen #16
    Knight Avatar von Ariogaisus

Ariogaisus ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Kraszu Beitrag anzeigen
    The game was financed by publisher not by PB.
    I know. If a game doesn't sell well, both the publisher and developer will suffer.