Andy le Biiieee ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von vurt Beitrag anzeigen
    Great thanks for the info.

Hard at work with the next version
    Very, very nice.

2. Beiträge anzeigen #42
    Veteran Avatar von Ratamahatta

Ratamahatta ist offline
    simply WOW! final version should be really impressive! looks like completely new Gothic world!
    my personal wish (of course if that thread would be like a juke box!) would be to when I'll play g2 notr again with your final texture pack mod - to see 'improved' black troll (and that improvement would never be shown in screenshots here before just for big curiosity! ) and more scary shadow warriors and beasts
    http://forum.worldofplayers.de/forum/signaturepics/sigpic104766_2.gif

3. Beiträge anzeigen #43
    Waldläufer Avatar von vurt

vurt ist offline
    I'm mostly focused on the environments, i'll do those first and foremost. I will move on to other things later on maybe.. Though i did improve the original textures for most monsters i believe (this was in my original texture pack).

Here's a sneak peak of the new water i'm working on

[Video]

Edit: in-game: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKARfclzpC8
    Geändert von vurt (27.05.2012 um 15:39 Uhr)

4. Beiträge anzeigen #44
    Veteran

Frank-95 ist offline
    I do not want to span but if you want to see good black troll go check the colmar texture pack that is more aimed to the armor/monster than to the nature as vurt's.

5. Beiträge anzeigen #45
    Krieger Avatar von Andy le Biiieee

6. Beiträge anzeigen #46

vurt ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Andy le Biiieee Beitrag anzeigen
    Thanks. If you haven't, do tell that it's just for testing and not really suited for a play-through yet.

7. Beiträge anzeigen #47

Ratamahatta ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Frank-95 Beitrag anzeigen
    I do not want to span but if you want to see good black troll go check the colmar texture pack that is more aimed to the armor/monster than to the nature as vurt's.
    as far as I remember Colmar's texture pack is just for armours.
    anyway, hopefully guys from german thread as well will give some reasonable remarks to reach maximum of your mod!

8. Beiträge anzeigen #48

vurt ist offline

9. Beiträge anzeigen #49

Ratamahatta ist offline
    no way!!! if that's what I'll see with your final mod version - gonna be awesome!
    hmm, maybe you'll improve a bit these mountains in valley of mines as well? (the ones where you can't originally climb onto) and maybe those rock formations which you can see from the Khorinis harbour? would be cool indeed!

man, Gothic world gonna be very lively with this amazing textures pack! hmm, maybe someone will upload a simple(?) add-on for bringin' up
    rabbits to forests? like in this mod at 1min 37sec could be seen (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TF-gP-KfGng ). You know, it might be not a very impressive issues, but IMHO all this adds even more to already amazing atmosphere of this incredible game! ass well like some spooky sounds (crows voices, some scratching noises, etc) when you enter higher density, darker forest parts - that's what I miss in some places.

sorry for posting it all here, it's just your job inspired me to generate some ideas

10. Beiträge anzeigen #50
    Dragonslayer Avatar von Zeri0n

Zeri0n ist offline
    This looks so amazing

I shall replay Gothic 2 when this mod is done

11. Beiträge anzeigen #51

vurt ist offline
    @ Ratamahatta

yes i will probably update those too. Cool rabbits, seems to be a russian mod? it's a bit sad that the G2 community is quite shattered, there are some great german and russian modders..

Night shot of the newly sculpted mountains, now with amazing 2D trees!!11
    View from the farm.
    Geändert von vurt (31.05.2012 um 03:42 Uhr)

12. Beiträge anzeigen #52
    Krieger Avatar von Andy le Biiieee

@ Ratamahatta

yes i will probably update those too. Cool rabbits, seems to be a russian mod? it's a bit sad that the G2 community is quite shattered, there are some great german and russian modders..

View from the farm.
    Fantastik. Make the straw roofs more yellow.The walls are white. Contrast to the green landscape.

Very fine Stuff from MODDB:

http://www.worldofgothic.de/?go=modd...page=0&order=0

http://www.worldofgothic.de/?go=modd...page=0&order=0

http://www.worldofgothic.de/?go=modd...page=1&order=0

http://www.worldofgothic.de/?go=modd...page=2&order=0

http://www.worldofgothic.de/?go=modd...page=2&order=0
    Geändert von Andy le Biiieee (31.05.2012 um 04:01 Uhr)

13. Beiträge anzeigen #53
    Mythos Avatar von Tyrus

Tyrus ist offline
    @ Ratamahatta

View from the farm.
    AMAZING
    Good job, vurt!

What is with the release now...? hust*^^

14. Beiträge anzeigen #54

vurt ist offline
    cool, i just realised how to animate every material, got the 2D trees on the mountains swaying too, it's even visible in the distance. But wow, having all that grass i've added animated, that really kills performance I'll have to remove all of it and make a more performance friendly mesh it seems. Hours of work lost, but the end result will be nice, i'll animate those rye fields too, they look so static in the original game. All trees will sway too obviously..

This mod will demand a good computer though, i can tell you that heh

The next release version will be v0.6. v0.5 is just too buggy to be released officially. It will take a while (about 2 weeks to a month), the changes will be substantial from v0.4 though.
    Geändert von vurt (01.06.2012 um 11:43 Uhr)

15. Beiträge anzeigen #55
    Rookie

venom4911 ist offline
    hey vurt

just letting you know ive been replaying gothic ii with your mod and explored most of the new world and addon world so far (about 45 hours) and havent really experienced any major issues...not sure if some of these problems are in the vanilla game or caused by your mod...

heres a couple of things i noticed

1. my game was randomly freezing/crashing every 20-30 minutes but an ini memory tweak fixed this problem...played for 3 hours with no crashes..heres what i chnaged in the gothic ini:
    zTexCacheOutTimeMSec=960000
    zTexCacheSizeMaxBytes=128000000
    zSndCacheOutTimeMSec=40000
    zSndCacheSizeMaxBytes=80000000

2. had one occurrence when all of the sudden my frames dropped to 1, happned north of the map near that huge black troll near where that npc wants to hunt razors with you...must have been some strange memory leak or something, quitting and reloading the game fixed it

3. some trees have collision enabled which causes you to get stuck in them, had some npc get stuck too...no big deal really just annoying and doesnt seem to break anything, if you walk far enough away from a stuck npc and come back they will warp to their destination

4. those small portals on the ground cause my character to slow down and jitter around the screen...its very strange, its like you dont move smoothly, must have something to do with the particle effect on the portals...i think i remember having this problem with the vanilla game but im not 100% sure

thats about it, thanks for this awesome mod and i cant wait for the next release!
    Geändert von venom4911 (01.06.2012 um 20:07 Uhr)

16. Beiträge anzeigen #56
    Schwertmeister Avatar von warstrike

warstrike ist offline
    WOW ! Please make it look like that in the final version...take your time and make it the best mod ever

17. Beiträge anzeigen #57

vurt ist offline
    @venom4911

Thanks, yes i've also upped my settings in the .ini, it's highly recommended and will be a must for the next version which will be a lot more demanding. The collision issues will be fixed.

18. Beiträge anzeigen #58
    Veteran

Frank-95 ist offline
    Well I suggest you a really important thing. I really appreciate your work but please do not make the game with this mod a new gothic 3. My pc isn't so powerful so it couldn't sustain too high texture. I think that if you change only some texture and meshes there will not be any problem, but if you start to modify mountains and frames I think that the game could become slower.

Take into cosideration to make two version. One with only a texture changes (like you first mod), and another one with the heaviest changement (frames, mountians and I don't know what are you about to do)

19. Beiträge anzeigen #59

vurt ist offline
    well you could easily remove the /meshes folder and you'll have a pure texture replacer instead.

20. Beiträge anzeigen #60

vurt ist offline
    a short peak of v0.6 (1080p recommended)

[Video]

Seite 3 von 10 « Erste 1234567 ... Letzte »