Home Gothic Gothic II Gothic 3 Gothic 4 Downloads Forums

Seite 2 von 10 « Erste 1234569 ... Letzte »
Ergebnis 21 bis 40 von 181
  1. Beiträge anzeigen #21
    Ranger

JerrodAmolyan ist offline
    Oooh, a new version of this eh? I use your previous one, and I must say you've made my favorite game even -look- damn good. I don't like the new games with loads of good graphics that much, but when you do it like THIS, I can appreciate.

Thanks for making my life a bit better, mate ^^ *Would press like, if this was facebook.*

EDIT: I also use the Nature's Fury mod. Your textures don't conflict with that mod at all, even though it too provides new textures (even some new meshes and items in general).
    Just thought I'd let you know. Incase you were wondering/someone else was wondering, if these conflict with some other mods that handles textures aswell as other things.
    Geändert von JerrodAmolyan (18.05.2012 um 08:06 Uhr)

2. Beiträge anzeigen #22
    Waldläufer Avatar von vurt

vurt ist offline
    I wouldnt say it's fully compatible, it "conflicts" with a few textures, for example the branches on that tree he has changed in the level mesh will have textured branches that are turned upside down. I only tested it quickly but it's seems fairly compatible though, i can release a compability patch for it later on.

The trees he has replaced in the level mesh are a bit nicer looking than the original i think.

3. Beiträge anzeigen #23

vurt ist offline
    v0.4 is up, see first post

Edit: v.0.4a is up, fixes a performance and collision problem + some tweaks to textures.
    Geändert von vurt (20.05.2012 um 20:59 Uhr)

4. Beiträge anzeigen #24
    Veteran

Frank-95 ist offline
    I will downlaod it as soon as you release the first stable version (1.0)

Only for curiosity, but each time you release a new version do you really have to add all the files by hand in gothic vdfs? I do not hope so

5. Beiträge anzeigen #25

vurt ist offline
    Yeah i recommend to wait if you can.. until 1.0 it's mostly for testing.

I just figured out how to add grasses to the 3ds files (within Blender) without them having any collision, so i'm gonna edit the level meshes too so that the ground will be filled with different grasses, it really makes a big difference imo.

Creating the .vdf is just a matter of double clicking the script i created so it takes only a few seconds. Ofcourse i have to make sure i add all the latest files, but that's easy since i sort them by date.

6. Beiträge anzeigen #26
    Veteran

Frank-95 ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von vurt Beitrag anzeigen
    I just figured out how to add grasses to the 3ds files (within Blender) without them having any collision, so i'm gonna edit the level meshes too so that the ground will be filled with different grasses, it really makes a big difference imo.
    I haven't understood what do you mean? What was the problem before?

7. Beiträge anzeigen #27

vurt ist offline
    To add grasses using the editor would be very time consuming, I can do it in Blender very quickly. Before, when i added grass in Blender, it would have collision, so i didn't think it would be possible to add large grassy areas. Seems like the game will remove collision from textures if it knows that particular texture shouldnt use it (like NW_Nature_Grass_Decal_01). So i have a large texture atlas with a lot of different grasses in NW_Nature_Grass_Decal_01 now that i can use.

8. Beiträge anzeigen #28
    Veteran

Frank-95 ist offline
    to remove collision you can add load the world via spacer, click on the grass or on everything you need and untick the box named cdDyn.

9. Beiträge anzeigen #29

vurt ist offline
    Hmm I have never been able to select a mesh that was inserted outside of Spacer.

10. Beiträge anzeigen #30
    Veteran

Frank-95 ist offline
    in fact you have to do that while the world is loaded. For example you create a new mesh or modify one existng, and do what I said in the spacer (in wherever world you need)

11. Beiträge anzeigen #31
    Schwertmeister Avatar von warstrike

warstrike ist offline
    It looks good . Let`s give it a try . Thanks !

12. Beiträge anzeigen #32

vurt ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Frank-95 Beitrag anzeigen
    in fact you have to do that while the world is loaded. For example you create a new mesh or modify one existng, and do what I said in the spacer (in wherever world you need)
    Seems like you have to click each and every tree and select that function? Isn't there a "apply to all"? For example if i want all "NW_NATURE_TANNE_100P" to not have collision? It will suck to click 200 trees, and to find them all.

Do you know of a Hot Key chart for the editor? For example how i move objects around etc. Really hard to find any info in english.

I hope i can make most of the work in Blender, but i need to learn the editor too a bit.

13. Beiträge anzeigen #33
    Krieger Avatar von Andy le Biiieee

Andy le Biiieee ist offline
    Post the problem in the German area. Two groups - two ways: http://forum.worldofplayers.de/forum/forums/104-Editing

14. Beiträge anzeigen #34
    Deus Avatar von Milgo

Milgo ist offline
    You have to change each single vob by hand, but you can work with the voblist. Or you edit the ASCII version of your world, but I guess working with the voblist is even easier.

There isn't a hotkey chart, there aren't many hotkeys as well.

15. Beiträge anzeigen #35

vurt ist offline
    Ok, i'll take a look at the voblist, thanks.

I noticed if you load a .3ds into Spacer you can actually set collision detection on/off on the materials (noCollDect). However it doesnt seem to do anything, i clicked apply and saved the Material Filter, but the leaves still have collision. I guess the mesh itself overrides it since it's set to have collision :/
    Geändert von vurt (25.05.2012 um 00:39 Uhr)

16. Beiträge anzeigen #36
    Veteran

Frank-95 ist offline
    yes the one way is to do what milgo said. anyway if you just modify a mesh of an existent one I thought that the properties of the oldest are moved to the newest.

17. Beiträge anzeigen #37

vurt ist offline
    Yes of course, if you have a new .mrm mesh it will retain the properties that are set in the editor. But i'm gonna work a lot with textures and meshes that are not separate, that are a part of the level mesh.

Would be good to understand the materialfilter and how that works since i plan to make new water / water falls, i can't seem to get it to do anything (i tried changing the properties for the waterfall texture). Not sure how its loaded or where its saved. Also, the Material list only seems to come up when loading a .3ds mesh and not when working with the .zen files, don't really understand why.
    Geändert von vurt (25.05.2012 um 15:43 Uhr)

18. Beiträge anzeigen #38
    Deus Avatar von Milgo

Milgo ist offline
    The matfilter is saved at ...\_work\tools\data . I'm not so experienced with it, so I can't help you quite good with it.

19. Beiträge anzeigen #39
    Veteran

Frank-95 ist offline
    to see the material list while working with the zen files you have to opens the zen file then click compile and select outdoor and editor-mode (or something like this)

20. Beiträge anzeigen #40

Seite 2 von 10 « Erste 1234569 ... Letzte »