Home Gothic Gothic II Gothic 3 Gothic 4 Downloads Forums

Seite 1 von 2 12 Letzte »
Ergebnis 1 bis 20 von 23
  1. Beiträge anzeigen #1
    Ranger Avatar von Emilyan

Emilyan ist offline

Risen 2 is over. Time to develop Gothic 5?

Hello. What do you thing about the title? Personally, I would like the story to continue in the unknown lands, supposing nameless hero followed xardas there. I hope for 2 continents and a big island on the south, with different atmosphere in each and with over 100 hours for main quest, which will involve ancient invincible creatures which can only be driven from this world by doing something special (such as sleeper in Gothic 1), some human/orc villains who you will work in the beggining, unknowing their character, then fighting against them etc. . Hope i am not asking too much. Also, i hope that Piranha Bytes will read this post, and launch as early as possible an announcement regarding Gothic 5.

Yours, Emilyan
    And now, after the hero killed rhobar the second, he joined xardas and they went to The Unknown Lands, where other dangers await him and new legendary creatures to be killed...

2. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #2
    Fighter Avatar von Darth Crow

Darth Crow ist offline
    First of all, IF the Piranhas would make another Gothic game, it would most probably be Gothic 4, because Arcania didn't continue the original story the way it should have and it's not their game.
    Second, though I really wish it would be otherwise, it's VERY improbable that they will ever make one. They said themselves that they are fed up with the medieval setting...
    Third, I wouldn't care where would it take place or who would be the hero, IF THEY JUST MADE THE DAMN GAME!
    Brothers of Metal will always be there, standing together with hands in the air!

VIVA GOTHIC!

3. Beiträge anzeigen #3
    Deus Avatar von WernerTWC

WernerTWC ist offline
    I don't think it will happen, it's just wishful thinking, and it wouldn't be a original or fresh idea, but personally I'd wish a Gothic 5 which starts with an intro in which you can see some scenes of G3, maybe even from G3-AddOn and even from Risen and Risen 2, then the good old hero awakes from a nightmare with a commet like "Damn nightmares, damn pirates, ... ".
    Should start where g2 NotR has ended and continue there, on the ship sailing to the mainland, ... he could end up on some island, but because of the ship was sinking because of too much gold loaded on board, and not because of some "Titans" ("Titans" in a PB game, come on, ... who the f*** had such an idea anyway, fairies and Tamagotchi's are next???).

4. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #4
    Demigod Avatar von Bastardo

Bastardo ist offline
    Why make a new Gothic? We'll just end up nerd-raging about everything.

5. Beiträge anzeigen #5
    Demigod Avatar von Dino

Dino ist offline
    PB are getting cheap&lame with this Risen nonsense of theirs. I wouldn't like to see another desecration of my favorite game, even though I really couldn't care less if they made a gothic 5 or a Risen 3. Because it will suck.

6. Beiträge anzeigen #6
    banned

Dantos ist offline
    It would be nice if they make Gothic 4 about the Hero's Heir.
    After all it is canon that the Nameless becomes King in the end and it would be nice if they make a gothic game where you can play with his child who also becomes a Hero.

7. Beiträge anzeigen #7
    Demigod Avatar von Dino

Dino ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Dantos Beitrag anzeigen
    It would be nice if they make Gothic 4 about the Hero's Heir.
    After all it is canon that the Nameless becomes King in the end and it would be nice if they make a gothic game where you can play with his child who also becomes a Hero.
    It would be best if he died in the ocean after leaving Irdorath. He has done his good deed for the day and he deserves a rest.

8. Beiträge anzeigen #8
    Schwertmeister Avatar von warstrike

warstrike ist offline
    Please don`t...PB members changed so they can`t deliver that awesome game that we`re all waiting for 10 years now

9. Beiträge anzeigen #9
    Knight Commander

Nisarg ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Dino Beitrag anzeigen
    It would be best if he died in the ocean after leaving Irdorath.
    Weren't they supposed to capsize in the tiniest storm just because NH didn't want to toss some of the gold overboard? I guess the passage from Irdorath to Cape Dun can't have been all that smooth.
    My skin for Opera Web Browser.[Bild: tOC_sig1.jpg]

10. Beiträge anzeigen #10
    Sword Master Avatar von C-Hawk

C-Hawk ist offline
    And together with some dream, they could have washed ashore somewhere...... reminds u of smth? I do know that this story fails because: The woman the Risen hero came ashore, the guy with the weird eyes, the guy in the intro (I don't know much of Risen anymore.) And of course the different time... Black hole on the sea?
    Conclusion: Of course this hypothesis fails!

I began that ^^^^^^^ knowing it would fail

I hope they will develop the story continuing from either G2 Notr or G3 (not FG!)

From G2: Idk how it should be.

I believe the combat system of the old Gothics is truly outdated, but Gothic 3 wasnt badass either. I think there should be more possibilities to combat than with G3. Arcadia (Arcania) had a nice rolling thingie. With which you could roll forever on the ground I don't say rofl forever is a good idea, but I think there should be more hunter-mercenary-'Gwaine'-stylish fighting (Gwaine was one of the Knights of the Round Table. Just imagine someone with two swords fighting like you have a big sword. Just standing there slashing someone... More TACTICS in fighting plz
    I liked the magical abilities of some weapons in Arcadia...
    But I really disliked all the potions which were available, but there weren't ever the ordinary Health and Mana potions...
    Always: + armor, time armor, more speed, more regeneration, more this and that and ... etc.
    I think a potion should have at max 3 things it can do. Like Health, Mana, Regeneration (general).
    Not 6 things... And ofc only basic stuff ^^^^
    I also disliked the way of progression.. Do some things and u get better armor. In Gothic you needed to achieve it, not get it because you had killed a nice orc, since when are Orcs NICE in Gothic They never were and never should be (in Gothic).

As for the story of Gothic 3 (I have taken another path in my story )
    I think they will make, if going out from the Xardas ending, a complete new world with new characters, only NH and Xardas as original chars, as the others didn't know about the gate. Maybe we will finally meet the gods eye to eye? They have been banned, to where? They have a story for you: the rest of the world is in chaos, though the outro of Gothic 3 says otherwise, kinda. You need to get them back into the real world where they will restore order in every nation. As you helped Xardas defeat the gods you will need to 'betray' him. Maybe he is Beliar's heir or smth? Like a half-god. Xardas only helped u so he could take over from the rest of the demons Beliar has summoned, they stood in his way?

I hope u all like my theory's and ideas for Gothic FOUR, not five.
    Arcadia - A click and win tale

11. Beiträge anzeigen #11
    Fighter Avatar von SkullX

SkullX ist offline
    [COLOR="#FF8C00"]Gothic 2 combat is unbreakable, think about the G2 combat and the possibility of playing with Gothic 3's Alternative Balance and Alternativ AI+Hard->You'll get your ass wiped (Something that Heigh of Power managed to do but not very very well)...so yeah

Edit: http://www.worldofgothic.de/dl/download_478.htm the first link here is the full one or I still need to get the update one too?
    If you even try to look the other way...
    Geändert von SkullX (07.05.2012 um 21:50 Uhr)

12. Beiträge anzeigen #12
    Schwertmeister Avatar von bigsnappy

bigsnappy ist offline
    It's time for Gothic 4 (or 5). I know exactly how the story can be continued, building on G1, 2 and 3.
    Everything is relative... until it bites.

13. Beiträge anzeigen #13
    banned

Dantos ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von bigsnappy Beitrag anzeigen
    It's time for Gothic 4 (or 5). I know exactly how the story can be continued, building on G1, 2 and 3.
    Oh?
    And how?

14. Beiträge anzeigen #14
    Warrior Avatar von The Ore Baron

The Ore Baron ist offline

Post My take on the future of Gothic series

First and foremost, PB themselves have expressed wishes to move away from fantasy-themed settings of sword and sorcery. This is solely their decision, and if they choose to start developing a sci-fi game, I don't think fans will have any sort of right to be angry.

However, our opinions concerning the actual future of the Gothic series should be noted and listened to, even if the ultimate decision will be made without heeding the advice of fans. Problem is, the community does not seem to reach a consensus as to what exactly they would all want to see. Until this happens, our mixed opinions and inner fighting will only add to the further confusion of PB.

Now, that being said, on to the topic at hand:

I, for one, believe that Gothic 5 should follow the events of Forsaken Gods, Arcania and Fall of Setarrif. I understand why some players don't want to consider them canon Gothic games and I am not saying these additions to the series were quality products. What I am saying, however, is that returning the series to an earlier stage, creating new, separate sequels next to already existing ones, rewriting the stories and creating different timelines will only make things worse in the long run.

Think about it: even if PB creates a new Gothic game and it becomes a huge success, the series will never shake the gloomy shadow of FG, Arcania and FoS - the family outcasts, the series rejects. These games will not stop existing or being available to play. Future fans will be coming up with all sorts of weird theories as to how the non-canon games could actually be canon. Heck, FG, Arcania and FoS will still be mentioned in every article, document and wiki page concerning the series, only this time, they will all have an annoying note next to them, marking them out as something to be ignored. This aesthetic mess of having non-canon games in the series is exactly what I would like PB to avoid in the future.

And when you really think about it... the non-PB games weren't so bad, really. Forsaken Gods has a rather well-put story, nicely connecting Gothic 3 with Arcania. Frankly, I really liked the conflict between Gorn and Thorus, the return of old artifacts from earlier games and the general feeling of an actually continued story of Gothic. Sure, several side-quests were silly, but apart from that, I really can't say I have much problem with Forsaken Gods, especially after enhancing the add-on with the community patch. Arcania, while having a completely un-Gothic feeling to it, managed to present itself as a rather solid (even if not an innovative) game by itself, featuring a duller plot, fetching quests and linear level progression, yet managing to extend the lore and the world of Gothic without messing it up too much. Fall of Setarrif was just a conclusion to that.

Really now, what exactly has changed? The new games did not introduce elven or dwarven races, did not directly contradict earlier events and left more than enough space for future works. If PB were to develop a new Gothic game, all they'd have to do would be coming up with some retcon to fix the few inconsistencies between the games and simply build on top.

My idea for the plot of Gothic 5 would be something like this: Rhobar III returns as the elderly hero of the first games, now the king of Myrtana. The nameless hero of Feshyr becomes the newest addition to the circle of king's friend-advisers (Diego, Milten, Lester, Gorn and others), having proved himself in Arcania and FoS. Both of these characters are featured as quest-giving NPCs. A new hero is presented and the players are swept into a new adventure, involving the continued conquest campaigns of Rhobar III further into the world of Gothic, perhaps featuring a new, unexplored continent with new mysteries and dangers. Imagine being a knight in the the Myrtanian army, involved in colonial operations, mapping the new continent, fighting the natives, exploring old ruins... I think that would be interesting and would serve well for a sequel.

Okay, I've already said too much for my first post on these forums, so I'll just wrap it up real quick:
    a) disregarding the non-PB games as non-canon and pushing PB to create surrogates for them would lead to unnecessary mess and confusion in the long-term future;
    b) non-PB games are not as bad a some of you seem to think and can be easily integrated into the continuity of Gothic series;
    c) the new Gothic game could feature a new hero and have the previous protagonists serving non-playable roles in the game - this would nicely mark the return of PB to the steering wheel of Gothic series and finally let us all to put the mistakes and misfortunes of the past to rest.

You're all free to rip me to shreds now
    Geändert von The Ore Baron (08.05.2012 um 20:44 Uhr)

15. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #15
    Demigod Avatar von Bastardo

Bastardo ist offline
    Why do videogame fans always have a hard time accepting a dignified death for a franchise? They want it to be resurrected over and over in the hope that the next title won't be a zombie like the last.

16. Beiträge anzeigen #16
    Knight Avatar von Dez

Dez ist offline
    For me gothic saga ended when Hero and Xardas entered the unknown lands. By banishing the old gods from this realm, the tempples were risen and old monsters like titans were set on loose. It doesn't take genius to see that risen 1 is almost a sequel to gothic 3. It sort of launches a whole new era.

-Risen intro (Xardas banishing the gods with nameless hero).

-Holy flame monestary (Former innos monestary) and mages (former fire mages).

-Eldric, the druid is clearly a (former) servant of adanos. The source of his magic is a puzzle to me as it is never fully explained in risen 1. Maybe just like holy flame enables mages to wield magic, Eldrid has also found a similar sweet spot, like the stones near his hut which may contain small essence of adanos power or something like that.

-Runes = rune magic is working again, but much of the knowledge has been lost and much of it can never be restored since the magic comes from the old gods.

-Corrupt officials from mainland goverining the entire island instead of letting the locals rule. Well this is an obvious reference to Rhobar's kingdom.

-The inquisition is the fully rebuilt paladin order. Instead of swords, they rely on staves. Perhaps because they are short of magical ore or because Nordmar has fallen or something like that. Or maybe the ore has lost it's magical properties when gods were banished. We will never know. I never really understood why they prefered staves.

Also instead of paladin runes, warriors of the order use this crystal magic. Crystal magic is likely a more reliable tool than runes ever were. And one doesn't need to be a mage to use it. Besides paladin's lost their magic in gothic 3 and it was likely never restored. So they had to find a new way to wield magic.

And imo forsaken gods never happened
    Geändert von Dez (08.05.2012 um 22:54 Uhr)

17. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #17
    Local Hero Avatar von kepalas

kepalas ist offline
    I think they should make prehistory of Gothic. Like before g1 and I wouldn't mind if the action took place in Khorinis (maybe even with different hero).

18. Beiträge anzeigen #18
    Warrior Avatar von The Ore Baron

The Ore Baron ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Dez Beitrag anzeigen
    For me gothic saga ended when Hero and Xardas entered the unknown lands. By banishing the old gods from this realm, the tempples were risen and old monsters like titans were set on loose. It doesn't take genius to see that risen 1 is almost a sequel to gothic 3. It sort of launches a whole new era.
    What you are talking about is true when you consider that Risen was indeed (most likely) developed as a sequel to Gothic 3. What you don't seem to take into account are the problems with JoWood that followed after the development started, forcing PB to change several aspects of the story they had already written, so as to sever all possible ties with the Gothic series. So yeah, the similarities really are there, it's just that they shouldn't be treated as anything more than that - just similarities

Now, of course, as long as there has been no final word on this from PB, I can't say you're wrong about this But personally, I don't think the series are connected together

Zitat Zitat von kepalas Beitrag anzeigen
    I think they should make prehistory of Gothic. Like before g1 and I wouldn't mind if the action took place in Khorinis (maybe even with different hero).
    A prequel would certainly be interesting. It could feature a younger Xardas and that Tymorisin fellow. Heck, the prequel could even have Barthos of Laran in it I would like the prequel to take place on the Myrtana mainland, perhaps during the time of the First Orc War. The player character could somehow visit the older temples of Beliar before they were closed by the paladins...

There seem to be many possibilities for a prequel However, I would prefer a sequel first, just to make it clear which games in the series are canon
    Geändert von The Ore Baron (08.05.2012 um 23:14 Uhr)

19. Beiträge anzeigen #19
    Ranger Avatar von Celestial

Celestial ist offline
    Well, I'm still waiting for Drakan 3 and Heretic 3 and that'll never
    happen...so let some enterprising modders make something like
    a Gothic 5, it ain't gonna happen

20. Beiträge anzeigen #20
    Adventurer Avatar von Drakenreiter

Drakenreiter ist offline
    I also think a prequel is the perfect choice for a new Gothic game. And yeah, it should take place on the mainland. We should meet Xardas in it. Maybe when he was trying to become a mage. Also, I would love to see the Battle of Varant in it and have the choice of choosing one of the two sides or staying neutral. There's so much more potential in that, yet people want a sequel which would be harder to make considering the non-PB games in the series.

Speaking of these, I also think they're all fine games and not the abominations people say they are. Forsaken Gods was indeed abysmal because those indian guys had no idea how to make a game it seems, but the main idea of the game was nice. Having the Enhanced Edition CP, it's quite a decent game now. I consider Arcania (the base game and Fall of Setarrif) a spin-off. That's how it should be taken as far as I see it. And like that it's quite an enjoyable game.

Seite 1 von 2 12 Letzte »