Home Gothic Gothic II Gothic 3 Gothic 4 Downloads Forums

Ergebnis 1 bis 4 von 4
  1. Beiträge anzeigen #1
    Rookie

mmmitja ist offline

[G2]-Access violation on startup

Hello, I have a very hard and probably uncommon problem to solve.I didn't find any help on net I tried everything but I just couldn't fix it so i hope some of you guys can help me... so here it is :

I downloaded Gothic 2 Gold edition ( with addon) and installed it on my PC.I have Windows 7 installed on it so offcorse when i tried to run it nothing happend i used google and found this usefull link -> http://perfectworlds.wordpress.com/2...dows-7-32-bit/

So i did everything it say from step 1-4 and 6 ( I didn't do the step 5) and on step 4 I don't have Nvidia graphic card but intel (I did update Intel graphic drivers thought)

Please check the link and thoose steps because I think they are important to solve my problem and I did something wrong especially on step 2 the link was greyed out and I used 7zip to get exe files and manually copy/paste them I copy/pasted everything from 2 $PLUGINSDIR folders and one SYSTEM folder . I copy/pasted everything to SYSTEM C:\Program Files\JoWooD\Gothic II\system

I thought everything should be good now but I was wrong.I tried to run GOTHIC 2 NIGHT OF THE RAVEN from my desktop everything went fine but when the game went to full screen i got error popeup ( something with my resolution ) I didn't try to change it at least if i remember correctly (I am working on this game for 3 days now ) but i remember i changed Gothic.ini on system folder with another Gothic.ini i worte myself i changed everything that you can see on STEP 6 on link above .

When i did change and even when i DID NOT i got the same error as i mentioned above on FIRST STARTUP on SECOND,THIRD... STARTUP i got totally different error:

[Bild: 218m.jpg]

I just can't fix that i tried like 1000 times to reinstall the game i even deleted my antivirus i tried like everything that I could remember or find on web but this Access violation error just appered every single time i started the game (It didn't appear only when I reinstalled full game and tried to run it the first time[I always followed 1-4 steps and sometimes 6 step also on link i posted above] but the second time i got this access violation error again and again and again.

I would really appreciate if someone would help me with that as soon as possible cuz I am really looking forwarard to play this game but it seems like I will never been able to -.-

PLEASE HELP ME

2. Beiträge anzeigen #2
    Rookie

mmmitja ist offline
    Well I fixed this error...but got another one but that one should be a piece of cake hh

3. Beiträge anzeigen #3
    Ritter Avatar von mdahm

mdahm ist offline
    How did you solve the problem you described above?
    Maybe somebody else will have the same bug and would be glad to see your advice.

4. Beiträge anzeigen #4
    Ehrengarde

Dimus ist offline
    I think that mmmitja simply removed NVIDIA-Win7 Workaround which is applicable to the NVIDIA video cards with ForceWare drivers below the 260th series only. This is a wrapper based on the Wine libraries, which hooking DirectDraw requests and redirecting them to processing by OpenGL API.