Home Risen Risen2 Risen3 Forum English Russian

Registrieren Hilfe Kalender Heutige Beiträge
Seite 1 von 2 12 Letzte »
Ergebnis 1 bis 20 von 36
  1. #1 Zitieren
    Adventurer
    its unplayable for me, ive been trying for 2 days to fix it, ive done everything i can think of from fps limiters to looking in the ini file changing values, after making backup of course, ive changed res, refresh rate, tried differnt monitor, tried using mouse and keyboard, turning vsync on off, tried forcing tripple buffer, tried radeon pro, que file ahead, wich is the equivelent of nvidia frame ahead limit i think, nothing has worked and im pretty gutted rite now, last resort is to ask here, here my specs

windows 7 64
    8gb gskill ripjaw ram
    ssd m4 crucial
    hd 6950 2gb
    i5 3.10 quad sandybridge
    p8z68-v mobo
    using xbox 360 pad official wired

tried all graphic settings happens with all settings on lowest possible, ive reinstalled drivers, updated my bios, using latest 12.4 drivers, latest sound drivers, using onboard realteck, im all out of ideas, i even went into the ini and found a setting that speeds the game up, fixed fps, really need to get some one else to help me fix it, pirana bytes games are my fav games ever, and not being able to play risen 2, very dissapointing for me.

ill explain my problem a bit more, so i get good fps most the time, but if i move forward then look left or right the screen sort of sticks or is jerky not smooth, but when i just move forward its fine, as soon as i look left or right its jerky, other games are all fine
    leroy1985 ist offline Geändert von leroy1985 (03.05.2012 um 14:49 Uhr)

2. #2 Zitieren
    Adventurer
    anyone in here?
    leroy1985 ist offline

3. #3 Zitieren
    Knight Commander
    Zitat Zitat von leroy1985 Beitrag anzeigen
    anyone in here?
    Probably not. Not many people who could have helped you have played the game, so you might even have to wait a day or two.

On the other hand, what programmes are you running in the background?

Also, are you completely sure that the game is fine and smooth while you're running forwards? It would be less noticeable but if it is jerky while turning, then it should also be slightly jerky when running forward.

And, is the problem exactly the same on low and medium graphics, or is it more jerky with medium or high graphics quality?
    My skin for Opera Web Browser.[Bild: tOC_sig1.jpg]
    Nisarg ist offline

4. #4 Zitieren
    Adventurer
    this is it mate ive tested it so much, im not one too just post a problem when im not 100% certain i know exactly how its behaving, but yes its the same on all settings, you can even turn all settings off, still does it and its just as bad, its weird i can move forward side to side backwards, all with the left stick, but as soon as i move then look left or right with the right analouge stik it does it, fine when standing still and moving the camera round left or right, its just such a stupid annoying problem and is game breaking ive looked everywhere and it seems dead everywhere, its like no one on this earth is playing the game and the few that are arnt having the problem, ive even been onto the german forums using translate, its like it sticks isnt smooth, but its smooth when just running forward or strafing, wich makes no scense, thats why i went into the ini looking for camera options or some sort of smoothing
    leroy1985 ist offline

5. #5 Zitieren

Metasyntaktische Variable
    I am having trouble imagining the problem. Could you upload a video example?

Also, please provide the diagnostic files mentioned in the thread "READ THIS BEFORE POSTING", especially the DxDiag.
    foobar ist offline

6. #6 Zitieren
    Adventurer
    i wish i could upload a video but dont have the know how or the stuff needed to do it, the best way i can explain it is the camera sticks when paning it left or right whilst moving forward and slowly looking left or right, im playing gothic 3 now cuz i wanted to play it so bad
    leroy1985 ist offline

7. #7 Zitieren
    Warrior Avatar von André Feroi
    Don't forget to provide the files foobar asked for.

Described in the READ THIS BEFORE POSTING:
    If you have a technical problem, please include the following files in your post. You can add them as attachment or use our WoP-Upload (see password) and link them. Only by that we have all information about your system that we need to help you.

DxDiag
    Windows XP: Start -> Run -> type "dxdiag" and press ENTER.
    Win Vista/7: Start -> in the search field, enter "dxdiag" and press ENTER
    When the program is running, click on "Save all information..." and add the textfile to your help request.

msinfo32
    Windows XP: Start -> Run -> type "msinfo32" and press ENTER.
    Win Vista/7: Start -> in the search field, enter "msinfo32" and press ENTER
    When the program is running, choose the "Export" function in the "File" menu and enter a file name (i.e. "msinfo32.txt"). Include this file in your help request.
    André Feroi ist offline

8. #8 Zitieren
    Adventurer
    ok gonnado that now
    leroy1985 ist offline

9. #9 Zitieren
    Apprentice
    I'm having the exact same problem.

i5 4.5ghz using a radeon 5850 and a 360 pad

The game is a constant 60fps as long as I walk forward and look round using only the right stick. If i stand still and pan the camera round my character its smooth but as soon as I start walking and panning I get stutters/frame skips. It occurs regardless of whether I'm using the mouse or not - mouse movement isn't really smooth at all.

I've never had this before - I've tried settings, refresh rates resolutions and had no luck.

EDIT: I have found the game to be playable using the left stick to walk forward only, and the right just to look round. The moment I start playing the game the normal 'dual analogue' way strafing and panning, I get stutters.
    shodan86 ist offline Geändert von shodan86 (05.05.2012 um 14:59 Uhr)

10. #10 Zitieren

Metasyntaktische Variable
    So, both of you: If you play without the gamepad, does the problem persist?
    foobar ist offline

11. #11 Zitieren
    Apprentice
    Zitat Zitat von foobar Beitrag anzeigen
    So, both of you: If you play without the gamepad, does the problem persist?

It does. It's more noticeable when using the mouse for me, moving the camera left or right even when standing still stutters and is visibly not smooth despite a solid 60fps again.

I have also noticed that if i draw a weapon and hold the parry button (left trigger by default) the stuttering goes away. I can look around and move and it is perfectly smooth. I suspect this is just a bug in the engine. Whether it's fixed or not is another matter...
    shodan86 ist offline Geändert von foobar (05.05.2012 um 18:15 Uhr) Grund: double post

12. #12 Zitieren
    Adventurer
    bro i dont mean to sound horrible but you dont know how glad i am to have found someone who has the same problem, the thing is not alot of people are playing this game and i garentee if they were youd see it alot more, you explained the problem exactly as mine, i do the same as you try not to strafe and move the camera left or right, and yes it does happen with mouse, i didnt think it did but it does, its not as noticible cuz mouse is more sensitive, but ive not tested it as i dont even own a mouse and keyboard just borrowed one, can anyone think of what it is, it is pretty game breaking to me, i cant stand any sort of stutter, i actualy wonder wether some people dont notice it as much but cant be sure

forget the last part, YOU WOULD NOTICE, its annoying as hell

also this morning out of despretness, i installed windows xp on another hard drive, nothing but this game on, and after all that it still does it, this tells me its the game for sure, thought i was quite sure of that anyway, im allmost positive its cused by strafin,

im starting to think its mostly when strafing and turning the camera, i think it not as bad if i just dont strafe, still testing that theory, but it does seem it

yep as shodan says, when i draw my weapon and hold block, left trigger with weapon drawn, i can strafe and turn camera as much as i want
    so i looked on google to see if other games has it, and it seems fear had the same problem, this is wat it said

If you move or strafe the screen jitters or stutters, making the game unplayable at times. Disable HID devices in the device manager and see if it fixes the issue. Update to latest video card drivers, since some of the guys have this issue resolved by just updating the drivers.

whats a hid device??
    i wish i could post on the german forums, pirana bytes are answering alot of posts on there
    leroy1985 ist offline Geändert von leroy1985 (05.05.2012 um 20:42 Uhr)

13. #13 Zitieren
    Apprentice
    I must admit I was glad when I saw your post too. It's the only other post I've seen discussing the issue. I'm inclined to think that this is an issue in the game engine itself. When we play the way we are with our pads- moving forward only, we are really just mimicking the default mouse and keyboard control scheme. This is when it works fine so I think many people just aren't noticing. I am also incredibly sensitive to frame rate and stutters, I wish it wasn't the case!

I'm looking into a feature I have just found on another board called static camera. It can be activated in user XML. I imagine itll function like the old ps1 tomb raider games which may well make me feel sick but ill see! I'll report back as soon as I've tried it.

UPDATE

Good news! It works. Well, I'll explain a bit more. It doesn't fix the issue, you can still force it to happen. What it does is force the game to play in the way we had already imposed on ourselves - walking forward and turning on the right stick. BUT The character now turns with the movements of the right stick making panning and strafing unnecessary if that makes sense? It now plays with a camera similar to Ocarina of time on the N64, or, like the old Bethesda pirates of the Caribbean game. This is as good as anything until we get an official fix, and to be honest, i prefer the game like this anyway. Give it a try and see how you feel.

How to:

open ConfigUser.xml in notepad. This is located in C:/ users/*your user name* Appdata (you will need to enable view hidden folders) /local/risen2/config

You need to copy and paste the following line

ForceLockAlignmentToFacing="true"

and it needs to go after <game

This is what mine looks like:

<options>
    <Game
    UserPageMode="8"
    EnableTutorialSystem="true"
    >
    I stuck it between 2 existing commands just so i knew it was in the right place. Let me know how you get on with this!
    shodan86 ist offline Geändert von shodan86 (06.05.2012 um 10:24 Uhr)

14. #14 Zitieren
    Adventurer
    thanks mate for that, im gonna give it a go now, what do you think the chances are of it getting fixed though, im not too hopefull it seems the only support is in the german forums, offcial support i mean, if i ever get a fix, non official, ill be sure to come back to this forum and let you know, thanks for the tip, its funny cuz i was thinkin that it would be better if the camera moved as you do with the left stick, i was also playing with the camera section in the ini file, but didnt have a clue what i was doing.

thanks again
    leroy1985 ist offline

15. #15 Zitieren
    Apprentice
    I also had a look at the camera settings in the ini file - no clue at all what any of it meant. As for a fix, I somewhat doubt it. Yours was the only other post I've managed to find on the issue so either the majority of people don't have the problem or they don't notice it. If I do ever find one I'll post back here!
    shodan86 ist offline

16. #16 Zitieren
    Adventurer
    ill do the same for sure mate, and ive looked hundreds of times all over forums and the only person ive found having it is you. but its nice to have at least 2 of us trying to fix it or at least make it better.
    leroy1985 ist offline

17. #17 Zitieren
    Adventurer
    i cant get it to work mate, i copy and paste it to where you said but it doesnt do anything for me, im guesssing the camera is suppose to move automaticly when i move the left stick? here my ini

<options>
    <Engine>
    <Window
    Right="1360"
    FullScreen="true"
    Bottom="768"
    >
    </Window>
    <Terrain
    Quality="Ultra"
    >
    </Terrain>
    <Vegetation
    Quality="Ultra"
    >
    </Vegetation>
    <Render
    ViewDistance="3"
    >
    <Shadows
    Quality="High"
    >
    </Shadows>
    <Shader
    Quality="2"
    >
    </Shader>
    <OceanWater
    EnableReflections="true"
    >
    </OceanWater>
    <PostProcessing
    EdgeAA="true"
    DefaultEffect="HDRI"
    >
    </PostProcessing>
    </Render>
    <Scene
    ViewRangeQuality="High"
    >
    </Scene>
    <Cache
    Preset="High"
    >
    </Cache>
    <Graphics
    VSync="true"
    TextureFilterMode="4"
    >
    </Graphics>
    <Input>
    <Gamepad
    GamepadSupport="eEGamePadSupport_X360"
    >
    </Gamepad>
    <Mouse
    SensitivityY="1.500000"
    SensitivityX="1.500000"
    >
    </Mouse>
    </Input>
    </Engine>
    <Game
    UserPageMode="8"
    EnableTutorialSystem="true"
    Difficulty="2"
    >
    <Autodetection
    DetectionDone="true"
    >
    </Autodetection>
    <Benchmark
    BenchmarkLastVendorID="4098"
    BenchmarkLastDeviceID="26393"
    >
    </Benchmark>
    <Tutorial
    DefaultHintDone="-1"
    >
    </Tutorial>
    </Game>
    </options>
    leroy1985 ist offline

18. #18 Zitieren
    Apprentice
    All it does really is just keep your character facing the way the camera is pointed. It works on the right stick only as far as I know. It just minimises the amount of 'spinning' you have to do and I found I didn't notice the stutter as much. I've played a bit and it's better but it still feels restrictive

Update (again)

I played with mouse and keyboard and used xpadder to map the mouse movements onto the right stick and the jerking was less severe but still there. It's almost as if it's not reading mouse inputs smoothly or correctly. But then I have no idea why it wouldn't work properly with a gamepad.

Edit:

I've looked at a few youtube videos and found they all have the same issue. Looks like maybe it's only us nitpickers who are bothered by it
    shodan86 ist offline Geändert von shodan86 (06.05.2012 um 17:06 Uhr)

19. #19 Zitieren
    Adventurer
    thanks for keeping me updated mate, ive done the exact same, looked on youtube, did you just see it yourself or did they mention it, can you link me the vid you seen it on, i couldnt ever find one where i could see it, and by the way mate, about that tweak, i think i see what its doing, when you move the right stick, the character moves to where ever the screen is facing towards, so he wont stand still if i move the camera round hell move round to where ever you face it, good little tweak mate, cheers
    leroy1985 ist offline

20. #20 Zitieren
    Apprentice
    Yeah that's right! It does help but it still doesn't solve the problem. All the videos I've seen on YouTube have looked pretty jerky and stuttery all the time, I've not seen one where anyone specifically mentions it yet. I can't find one that I can say for sure doesn't have the problem though.

The really annoying thing is that it seems like something that could be fixed if we knew the right setting to tweak. I thought it was refresh rate related at first. It can't be drivers or hardware related. I was wondering if maybe the game was only optimised up to 30fps since there are console versions too but I tried setting to 30hz and it still happens!!
    shodan86 ist offline Geändert von shodan86 (06.05.2012 um 17:25 Uhr)

Seite 1 von 2 12 Letzte »