Home Gothic Gothic II Gothic 3 Gothic 4 Downloads Forums

Ergebnis 1 bis 6 von 6
  1. Beiträge anzeigen #1
    Adventurer Avatar von morgwin

morgwin ist offline

[G1] Doesn't start Windows 7

I would like to first say, I have searched Google and tried a few different workaround. I have tried GI Win7 Nvidia Workaround. I have tried Win xp sp3 compatibility and starting the game twice then stopping the rundll process, updating drivers, and of course running it as admin, After all this the game still doesn't start after clicking exe.

Any help is appreciated.

Solved: I stopped the "HD Audio Background Process" service in task manager also a Logitech service.
    Geändert von morgwin (02.05.2012 um 19:43 Uhr) Grund: Solved

2. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #2
    Fighter Avatar von Darth Crow

Darth Crow ist offline
    Here's what worked for me: Run G1 TWICE, then start task manager and stop process rundll32. The game should start. Btw I don't have any compatibility settings set.
    Brothers of Metal will always be there, standing together with hands in the air!

VIVA GOTHIC!

3. Beiträge anzeigen #3
    Knight Commander

Nisarg ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Darth Crow Beitrag anzeigen
    Here's what worked for me: Run G1 TWICE, then start task manager and stop process rundll32. The game should start. Btw I don't have any compatibility settings set.
    He already tried that. And I'm glad he managed to solve his problem and post the solution.
    My skin for Opera Web Browser.[Bild: tOC_sig1.jpg]

4. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #4
    Fighter Avatar von Darth Crow

Darth Crow ist offline
    Whoops, sorry, my fault, I didn't read the post carefully enough.
    Brothers of Metal will always be there, standing together with hands in the air!

VIVA GOTHIC!

5. Beiträge anzeigen #5
    Ranger Avatar von Emilyan

Emilyan ist offline
    I think the bug involving rundll32 occurs only when you do not have internet connection when starting gothic 3 for first time, because it needs to collect informations about this game over the internet (this is mainly because UAC may help you restrict some games for children).
    And now, after the hero killed rhobar the second, he joined xardas and they went to The Unknown Lands, where other dangers await him and new legendary creatures to be killed...

6. Beiträge anzeigen #6
    Rookie

Jinklez ist offline
    I'm not sure why but a lot of older games (including G2 for me, not sure about G1) don't run when I have Google Chrome open. So try close down any other programs you have running and starting the game again.