Home Gothic Gothic II Gothic 3 Gothic 4 Downloads Forums

Seite 3 von 8 « Erste 1234567 ... Letzte »
Ergebnis 41 bis 60 von 159
  1. Beiträge anzeigen #41
    Ehrengarde

Dimus ist offline
    How much time required to create a new shader cache? For example, I'm bored to see on a black screen after the 10-15 minutes and aborted Gothic 3.

2. Beiträge anzeigen #42
    Local Hero Avatar von DonPhoenix

DonPhoenix ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von mdahm Beitrag anzeigen
    Please make sure that you have all standard windows fonts installed on your PC, especially Arial Unicode MS.
    In addition, please have a look in the ge3.ini (in the ini folder). There's this entry:
    GUI.DefaultFont=Comic Sans MS
    You could try to change this to e.g.
    GUI.DefaultFont=Gothic3
    I checked and all standard fonts are installed on my computer. I also did what you suggested but there was no effect
    Then I tried to replace Gothic3.tff font with some other font (+when I replaced it I renamed it in "Gothic3") but still no effect.

I really don't know what else to do now.
    I've had a really bad day and I have to relieve my tension. Hold still...

3. Beiträge anzeigen #43
    Ritter Avatar von mdahm

mdahm ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Dimus Beitrag anzeigen
    How much time required to create a new shader cache? For example, I'm bored to see on a black screen after the 10-15 minutes and aborted Gothic 3.
    The time depends on your computer. On very fast ones, it takes approx. 7 to 8 minutes.
    Did you change some materials, or why did you want to create a new shader cache instead of using the original one?

Zitat Zitat von DonPhoenix Beitrag anzeigen
    I checked and all standard fonts are installed on my computer. I also did what you suggested but there was no effect
    Then I tried to replace Gothic3.tff font with some other font (+when I replaced it I renamed it in "Gothic3") but still no effect.

I really don't know what else to do now.
    - Do you also have Forsaken Gods and could have a look if the font is visible there?
    - What are your language settings, according to the UserOptions.ini (entry "SubtitleLanguage")?
    - Does the file "Strings.pak" exist in the Data folder underneath the G3 installation folder? If so, what's its size? (If Strings.pak doesn't exist or has less than 5.740 Bytes, please install CP 1.75 again.)
    - Please take a look into the ge3.ini. What's the setting of "Render.DisableFocusNames"?
    - Do you start the game as admin?

- Did you try to uninstall Gothic 3 again (please keep your savegames thou!), delete the rest of the installation folder, and re-install Gohtic 3? Then, BEFORE patching, have a quick look in the game if you see texts.
    Geändert von mdahm (29.04.2012 um 02:15 Uhr)

4. Beiträge anzeigen #44
    Local Hero Avatar von DonPhoenix

DonPhoenix ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von mdahm Beitrag anzeigen
    - Do you also have Forsaken Gods and could have a look if the font is visible there?
    - What are your language settings, according to the UserOptions.ini (entry "SubtitleLanguage")?
    - Does the file "Strings.pak" exist in the Data folder underneath the G3 installation folder? If so, what's its size? (If Strings.pak doesn't exist or has less than 5.740 Bytes, please install CP 1.75 again.)
    - Please take a look into the ge3.ini. What's the setting of "Render.DisableFocusNames"?
    - Do you start the game as admin?

- Did you try to uninstall Gothic 3 again (please keep your savegames thou!), delete the rest of the installation folder, and re-install Gohtic 3? Then, BEFORE patching, have a quick look in the game if you see texts.
    Thank you!
    Running the game as admin did the trick Thanks again
    I've had a really bad day and I have to relieve my tension. Hold still...

5. Beiträge anzeigen #45
    Ritter Avatar von mdahm

mdahm ist offline
    That's good, thanks for posting the solution that worked for you.

6. Beiträge anzeigen #46
    Ehrengarde

Dimus ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von mdahm
    The time depends on your computer. On very fast ones, it takes approx. 7 to 8 minutes.
    Did you change some materials, or why did you want to create a new shader cache instead of using the original one?
    Hmm, it seems that on my notebook
    Spoiler:(zum lesen bitte Text markieren)
    Intel C2D T5250 (1.5 GHz), Intel PM965, 2 GB DDR2-667 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT (512 MB), TOSHIBA MK1637GSX (160 GB, 5400 RPM, SATA-II), Vista Home Premium SP2
    this time may be larger than 15 minutes. I'm tried to create a new shader cache instead of using the original one and some guys tried to use mods with a changed materials - we are all were bored to wait until shader cache will be recreated.

7. Beiträge anzeigen #47
    Rookie

web-head91 ist offline
    thank you so much guys,you are the best.
    and i have a question for you roi ^^
    well i was wondering,once you'll be done with gothic 3,what other projects do you have ? and do you guys intend to make some patches for gothic 1 and 2 as well ? cause i,as many others will welcome that.
    thanks again for all the hard work you guys did to improove the game

8. Beiträge anzeigen #48
    General Avatar von RoiDanton

RoiDanton ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von web-head91 Beitrag anzeigen
    thank you so much guys,you are the best.
    and i have a question for you roi ^^
    well i was wondering,once you'll be done with gothic 3,what other projects do you have ? and do you guys intend to make some patches for gothic 1 and 2 as well ? cause i,as many others will welcome that.
    thanks again for all the hard work you guys did to improove the game
    Thanks

We don't have other projects and as far as I know we won't do anything like this again. We worked for nearly 5 years at Gothic 3 and G3 Forsaken Gods and we are tired after that long time. The same goes for our testers.

9. Beiträge anzeigen #49
    Adventurer Avatar von waltc
    Deep within Martian soil where it's warm and the air is good

waltc ist offline
    Thank you!
    Not just directed at you, Don......

I have to say that I am constantly amazed at the sheer number of people who didn't realize that in Vista/Win7 you need to run *everything* as administrator to ensure that your programs run as required! Easiest way to do that, I've found, is to simply right-click on the executable of every program you run, select the "compatibility" tab, and then tick the check box at the bottom of the tab that says "Run this program as an administrator", and then click "OK" to close the tab. Doing it that way you can simply double-left-click on all your program .exe icons (or single-left-click if you have programs pinned to the task bar) without ever thinking about "running as admin," etc.

Alternatively, you will have to right-click the program .exe icon of every program you run, or its short cut, bring up the context menu, and from there select "Run as administrator," and do that every time you run the program.

To run as administrator ensures that the programs you run will be allowed all necessary permissions to run without you having to manually edit the permissions list for every program you own... (That would really be a bitch...) That is why your fonts did not display when you first ran the game. Of course, you must actually *be* the admin of the system you are on or none of the above will work... It's just a security thing. I've often wondered just how many "complex problems" people have with various programs that boil down to just not knowing about "run as admin." Must be in the tens of thousands, at least, I'd bet.

Tip #2--don't turn off UAC, either. I'm so used to it now I never notice it anymore--but I know that nothing's going to run unless I give it the OK, and that's the idea.

10. Beiträge anzeigen #50
    Knight Commander

Nisarg ist offline
    Actually, I turn off UAC first thing after installing Win7. Never encountered any problems so far.
    My skin for Opera Web Browser.[Bild: tOC_sig1.jpg]

11. Beiträge anzeigen #51
    Ritter Avatar von mdahm

mdahm ist offline
    Hmm, it seems that on my notebook [...] this time may be larger than 15 minutes.
    That's absolutely possible.

I'm tried to create a new shader cache instead of using the original one and some guys tried to use mods with a changed materials - we are all were bored to wait until shader cache will be recreated.
    Yes, this procedure is boring. That's why I only let the game create a new shader cache when I'm in no hurry and actually don't need the computer for the next half hour or so. When I want to start the game just to see the result of changed materials quickly, I tend to deactivate the cache temporarily by editing the ge3.ini:
    Render.DisableShaderCache=true
    When I'm done with all material changes and pretty sure I won't change more for a while, I set the parameter to "false" again, start the game and go away for a while, e.g. doing the dishes or get something to eat.

12. Beiträge anzeigen #52
    Adventurer

leroy1985 ist offline
    still constantly stutters for me, i just cant get my head round that people have actualy played this game, maybe its not like it for everyone, but for me its unplayable,

i5 2400 quad sandybridge
    8gb gskill
    hd 6950 2gb
    ssd crucial m4
    windows 7 64

i set the thread time safe to false too or watever its called

so after going away and playing the game for a good few hours, it is definatly the most playable its been for me, its now boarderline playable for me, but playable none the less, i am quite sensitive to stutter and have a low tolerance for it, just wanna say thanks, you guys must really love this game to still be working hard on it after all this time
    Geändert von leroy1985 (04.05.2012 um 12:44 Uhr)

13. Beiträge anzeigen #53
    Schwertmeister Avatar von bigsnappy

bigsnappy ist offline
    Well, G3 with CP1.75 runs like a dream.

Very few stutters, and the microlagging is almost completely gone.
    The lack of microlags is a huge improvement for me.

Thanks again guys for all the work. You did a great job!
    Everything is relative... until it bites.

14. Beiträge anzeigen #54
    Ranger Avatar von maledepecher

maledepecher ist offline

Question

@RoiDanton

Please can you and your team can make a Community Patch for Gothic 1 and Gothic 2 Night of Raven(to fix all the bugs and to give suppot for
    widescreen and improve a little the graphics)(to fix the icons of rings and amulets in Gothic 1 and much more)(to improve this two masterpiece
    of RPGs)(to improve the menus, estetic)
    Gothic 1 and Gothic 2 Night of Raven they are not huge like Gothic 3 so you could make Community Patches for them if you want.
    If you and your team manage to do this I will be forever grateful and all the fans.
    Please think about this.
    Please.

15. Beiträge anzeigen #55
    Fighter Avatar von SkullX

SkullX ist offline
    So after all from here http://www.worldofgothic.de/dl/download_478.htm do I need only the 1.75 full or the update as well?
    If you even try to look the other way...

16. Beiträge anzeigen #56
    General Avatar von RoiDanton

RoiDanton ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von SkullX Beitrag anzeigen
    So after all from here http://www.worldofgothic.de/dl/download_478.htm do I need only the 1.75 full or the update as well?
    The full patch 1.75 is enough.

17. Beiträge anzeigen #57
    Veteran Avatar von kojocel

kojocel ist offline

Melee combat bug

Greetings,

I posted this in CPT 1.74 forums, and at the time some guys said it remains unresolved, thus acknowledging the issue. Could any CPT member confirm or not that this has been (will be) addressed in CP 1.75?
    It's really game breaking for fighter type of character. Thank you.

Pasting below from previous posts.

#1. By me.
    It's been an issue with CP 1.74 that has been bothering me for a long time now. I never played unpatched G3, therefore I have no idea if this was an issue in "vanilla" G3.

My game style pretty much is a fighter one - Large Weapons / Dual Wield. Now, the problem is one troublesome and buggy fighting issue against two-handed weapons wielding NPCs.
    Concrete: Let's take as opponent an orc elite warrior, wielding Krush Tarach. Now, the issue is spin attack - right click followed by a short left click. When NPC performs this action and I defend myself using a parade (parry) action, the NPC fighting animation gets stuck in my weapon, like NPC knows I parried but keeps doing the same spin attack thing.
    The usual spin attack involves 2 attacks from the same weapon in a rotation, which is obvious, but with this bug, NPC does up to 5-6 attacks, depending upon me letting the parry down, sucking all my stamina and hitting me one more time (as with final attack rotation) after I finished parrying, but with no animation.

I don't know exactly how else should I explain to you my issue, but best try is to spawn an orc warrior with a two-handed weapon and let him attack you with spin attack while you parry. You'll understand then what I mean.

I would have let this slip, if there wouldn't be so many NPCs using two-handed weapons in this game, and that attack type is present always, regardless of NPC type (orc, bandit, rebel, mercenary etc) or weapon type (rusty two-hander, halberd, krush tarach etc).
    #2. By me.
    This occurs only in NPC -> Hero direction, not viceversa, because when I do spin attack, a successful NPC parry move translates into my attack being stopped. But FYI, I play with AB/AI on only.
    #3. By Kronos.
    In fact it's an 'AI' problem. It comes up with the Alternative AI because of the changes this does to the parry action. Without Alternative AI there is no real parry action, which really blocks an attack in total.

But this change conflicts with some of the actions and the AI tries to redo this action, once it failed, the problem with the spin attack is that the code doesn't force the NPC to redo the complete action but only one phase of it.

I'm sorry too say, but I've failed fixing this, I'm not sure if it's possible with the used action system, too.
    "We live in an age when unnecessary things are our only necessities." Oscar Wilde
    Zone Survival Guide: Shadow of Chernobyl / Call of Pripyat

18. Beiträge anzeigen #58
    Ranger

Landros ist offline

ugly it doesn't work at all for me... help? O_o

As the title says... it doesn't work at all for me.

I installed the GoodOldGames version of Gothic 3 and installed the new patch.

Each time I try to open the game, after about 1-2 min of loading and watching the beautiful "Gothic 3" title on the middle of the desktop, an error screen appears (That covers about 3 thirds of the monitor screen) saying something about "Where is the GURU!!!???" (I tried to be a little melodramatic here with all those "!" and "?"... hope I achieved that at least...) and saying additionally that, I quote... "Gothic 3 needs a video card that supports pixel shader 3.0"... wtf!?... keeping in view the fact we all know that bloody Gothic 3 works fine with even pixel shader 1.2...

At first it occured to me my game could be the problem, so I borrowed a friends Gothic 3 CD. This time it was a Jowood version. Guessing already what happened? Yep... it still didn't work. What error this time? The exact same one.

My third time, I tried my friends CD again, but also installed the update, which I believe was unnecessary, as all my tries were yesterday, when I believe you guys posted the proper full version. The result? I know it never gets old... the exact same one. With the exact same error. With the exact same GURU!!! In Gothic 1 I enjoyed the Brotherhood of the Sleeper, but now... I think I'm starting to hate them!?

If this is some sort of anty-piracy protection, let me STRESS the fact that I DO own a proper legal copy. So does my friend.

Would it be because of my system witch is, to say the least, old? But why!? As so far Gothic 3 worked flawlessly with PxSh 1.2, view distance maxed, textures maxed and no bloom or shadows.

I would appreciate any help... and I will thank you in advance.

If you are interested in my mood... just watch the post icon...

System specs:
    Athlon XP 2000+
    Radeon 9550 128
    2 GB RAM DDR2

Like I said... old... but truly heroic!

Thanks guys!

EDIT: by CD, I meant DVD... O_o

19. Beiträge anzeigen #59
    Fighter Avatar von SkullX

SkullX ist offline
    Try this tweak http://neverdc.com/games/how-to-twea...-to-run-better
    It's very good one, make sure you have the CP 1.74 or 75.
    Eternal Gothic 3 problems.
    If you even try to look the other way...

20. Beiträge anzeigen #60
    Knight Commander

Nisarg ist offline
    IIRC G3 requires Shader Model 1.4 at least.

Try fiddling about in Gothic3.ini - I don't have G3 installed right now, so I don't now which option you require, but there should be an option which can be set to 1_4, 2_0 or 3_0 (or something like that) and named ShaderModel or something similar. You should set it to 2_0 or 1_4.
    My skin for Opera Web Browser.[Bild: tOC_sig1.jpg]

Seite 3 von 8 « Erste 1234567 ... Letzte »