Home Gothic Gothic II Gothic 3 Gothic 4 Downloads Forums

Seite 8 von 8 « Erste ... 45678
Ergebnis 141 bis 159 von 159
  1. Beiträge anzeigen #141
    Rookie

gungho ist offline
    I had huge buyer's remorse when I first tried Gothic 3 but now, years later, I'm actually enjoying myself. This patch is just beyond-words-amazing.

Flattery aside, I have a few issues.

Not sure if this is present in the original game too, but I'm finding that companions are sometimes ultra weak. I'm just now in Nordmar, clearing the birdge of orcs with Hogar. Now, when he charges at the orcs, completely fearless, and ends up not even being able to kill one and then dying, I'm left wondering. Is this intended? Are these orc slayer guys supposed to deal so little damage that they never even kill one orc before eating dirt? He even deals pitiful blows to the goblins that are found on the way to the bridge. I like to immerse myself in the game world and this kind of thing really stands out.

The pdf manual that came with the patch talks about the difficulty adjustments. Instead of "waiting their turn" while you kill them one at a time, enemies should gang up on you depending on which difficulty setting you're running. I seem to be getting attacked by at least 6 orcs on this bridge at all times on medium difficulty, making it impossible to land even a single hit without getting hit myself. Is this intended?

One bigger problem too: Near Lago, northwest of it I think, there's a group of skeletons with an undead priest. As soon as I approach the undead priest and he gets hostile, my game crashes to desktop. This seems to happen every time he gets hostile. This guy is the first undead priest I've encountered so I can't say if they all cause a crash. I really hope not.

2. Beiträge anzeigen #142
    Veteran

Kraszu ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von gungho Beitrag anzeigen
    One bigger problem too: Near Lago, northwest of it I think, there's a group of skeletons with an undead priest. As soon as I approach the undead priest and he gets hostile, my game crashes to desktop. This seems to happen every time he gets hostile. This guy is the first undead priest I've encountered so I can't say if they all cause a crash. I really hope not.
    I had crash in the same spot in 1.74, try to use teleporting stone it cleans up the game memory, and see if it will crash again then, it had worked for me

And Hogar was indeed way too weak in 1.74 as well. Are you attacked by 6 Orcs in melee? Does 6 of them attack you or do some of them just come close to you? They gang up but only 2 should attack in melee so try to get the Shaman first, using bow is also good for splitting them those that have crossbow or use magic will try to shoot you, the rest will try to attack in melee.
    Geändert von Kraszu (29.10.2012 um 14:20 Uhr)

3. Beiträge anzeigen #143
    Rookie

gungho ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Kraszu Beitrag anzeigen
    And Hogar was indeed way too weak in 1.74 as well. Are you attacked by 6 Orcs in melee? Does 6 of them attack you or do some of them just come close to you? They gang up but only 2 should attack in melee so try to get the Shaman first, using bow is also good for splitting them those that have crossbow or use magic will try to shoot you, the rest will try to attack in melee.
    Thanks for the tips. I did manage to clear the bridge by taking out the shamans first and always hitting the orc that was killing Hogar. My problem was mostly him being so weak in the first place. I don't want to babysit an "orc slayer".

I did mean that 6 of them were in close melee range with me and would immediately hit me if I didn't backpedal all the time. It adds up to a lot of damage and staggering when they all smack me at the same time. I recall this didn't happen when I liberated Cape Dun earlier. There it was only 2 of them on me at a time.

Zitat Zitat von Kraszu Beitrag anzeigen
    I had crash in the same spot in 1.74, try to use teleporting stone it cleans up the game memory, and see if it will crash again then, it had worked for me
    Yes this, or something else, worked since the crash isn't happening anymore. So the game stores corrupt memory on disk and reuses it when you launch after a crash? Strange.

4. Beiträge anzeigen #144
    Veteran

Kraszu ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von gungho Beitrag anzeigen
    Yes this, or something else, worked since the crash isn't happening anymore. So the game stores corrupt memory on disk and reuses it when you launch after a crash? Strange.
    I guess that the crash inducing data is stored in save file that is why you get crash again in the same spot.

5. Beiträge anzeigen #145
    Knight Commander

Kostaz ist offline
    Is there anywhere I can find info on what exactly the skills "Staff Fighting" lvl 2 and 3 do? Sure NH is better at them but how (faster animation/more damage/more combos)? I never really bothered with staves in the past and I wonder if a fairly pure mage play-through is possible without exploiting the AI or rushing to get ManaRegen.

6. Beiträge anzeigen #146
    General Avatar von KGS

KGS ist offline
    i am wondering whether the swordfighting perks improve the fighting with two blades
    ...do i fight better with master swordfighter and 'fight with two blades' or whatever

7. Beiträge anzeigen #147
    Knight Commander

Kostaz ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Kostaz Beitrag anzeigen
    Is there anywhere I can find info on what exactly the skills "Staff Fighting" lvl 2 and 3 do? Sure NH is better at them but how (faster animation/more damage/more combos)? I never really bothered with staves in the past and I wonder if a fairly pure mage play-through is possible without exploiting the AI or rushing to get ManaRegen.
    Someone must know.

8. Beiträge anzeigen #148
    Apprentice

entity ist offline
    I don't know if I'm the only one, but i find the loading screen very ugly. And since loading takes so long anyway , it would be really nice if someone could improve it. Maybe you could make it more like Risen's(if possible at all?)

9. Beiträge anzeigen #149
    Knight Commander

Kostaz ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von entity Beitrag anzeigen
    I don't know if I'm the only one, but i find the loading screen very ugly. And since loading takes so long anyway , it would be really nice if someone could improve it. Maybe you could make it more like Risen's(if possible at all?)
    The Content Mod changes the loading screen to something which (to me) looks much better.

10. Beiträge anzeigen #150
    Fighter Avatar von SkullX

SkullX ist offline
    Ima goin' to ask this here ...

Someone tell me which soundtracks from Gothic 2 you get if you choose to install them on the 2.5 CM installation, which ones and where do they play, danke.
    If you even try to look the other way...

11. Beiträge anzeigen #151
    Apprentice

entity ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Kostaz Beitrag anzeigen
    The Content Mod changes the loading screen to something which (to me) looks much better.
    I took a look at that mod's thread, but only thing I could find was a new main menu background. Was that, by chance, what you meant?

12. Beiträge anzeigen #152
    Knight Commander

Kostaz ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von entity Beitrag anzeigen
    I took a look at that mod's thread, but only thing I could find was a new main menu background. Was that, by chance, what you meant?
    I'm not sure. Possibly the new loading screen was a result of the Pre-Alpha Mod incorporation.

13. Beiträge anzeigen #153
    Local Hero Avatar von Delicieuxz

Delicieuxz ist offline
    Have the combat voices been edited in any of the previous patches?

i.e.: "ung, ung, ung, ung, oh, oh, oh, ung, ung, ung, oh, ung, oh, oh, ung!"

I have never been able to bring myself to really replay (or finish) the game because of these, they've always been the absolute worst part for me, lol.

14. Beiträge anzeigen #154
    Knight Commander

Kostaz ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Delicieuxz Beitrag anzeigen
    Have the combat voices been edited in any of the previous patches?

i.e.: "ung, ung, ung, ung, oh, oh, oh, ung, ung, ung, oh, ung, oh, oh, ung!"

I have never been able to bring myself to really replay (or finish) the game because of these, they've always been the absolute worst part for me, lol.
    It's still the same although you get stun locked less frequently and you obviously stun lock less with AB enabled. NH's ridiculously loud over the top death scream has also not been tweaked.

15. Beiträge anzeigen #155
    Apprentice

Andrewww ist offline
    I remember back when 1.6 came out someone said that there is "maybe" one more patch on the way. It's safe to say that there were more than one since then. The only thing that sucks is that you cannot load your old savegame. I had an almost complete playthough (was about to make the final decisions) back from 1.6 and I can't load in 1.75.

I want to start from the beginning but if there's another patch on the way I'd rather wait. So is this truly the last community patch ?

16. Beiträge anzeigen #156
    Apprentice

Andrewww ist offline
    Nevermind, too late, I already started a new playthrough

There is a MASSIVE improvement from 1.6 version. I get 0 stuttering in towns: Reddock, Cape Dun, Faring, flawless performance. It's basically as good as Risen.

Only in the exteriors do I get the occasional hiccup (1-2 sec max) but that's OK for a game like this with no loading screens.

The graphics look better and I love the color grading. It "only" took 6 years to get here but it's amazing how dedicated the Gothic community can be. So thank you guys for making this game what it should've been and for giving me the opportunity to enjoy it once again.

17. Beiträge anzeigen #157
    Adventurer Avatar von waltc
    Deep within Martian soil where it's warm and the air is good

waltc ist offline
    Thought I'd bump this thread as it needs to be stickied...

Edit: For archival purposes, why is the 1.74 patch thread stickied but the 1.75 patch thread is not...?
    Geändert von waltc (16.08.2013 um 19:17 Uhr)

18. Beiträge anzeigen #158
    Einmalposter

jablinkst ist offline
    Hello,

Maybe someone has asked this before, but why did you remove software anti-aliasing? I loved it so much. Anti-aliasing forced via drivers + software antialiasing in G3 gave me a really beautiful picture, as for FXAA, I would probably need to compare screenshots to tell a difference...

Thanks!

19. Beiträge anzeigen #159
    Adventurer

leroy1985 ist offline
    i just wanted to say thanks to you guys who made this patch, such dedication, i allways loved risen so had to get a pc to play gothic, loving gothic 2 but havnt finished, i didnt care for the valley of the mines section to much, anyway i did try gothic 3 and it was to stuttery for me to bare, ive installed 1.75 and want to be sure the improvements to stutter are working in my game, i have the shader cache file in my documents/gothic 3 folder and its called shader.cache and is 23.876kb, thing is i read people talk about them waiting for the game to create it but it never did for me, i installed the game then the patch and then started the game no mention of creating a shader cache

any way of making sure i did it all correct just to make sure i get as less stutter as possible
    cheers

Seite 8 von 8 « Erste ... 45678