Home Gothic Gothic II Gothic 3 Gothic 4 Downloads Forums

Seite 7 von 8 « Erste ... 345678 Letzte »
Ergebnis 121 bis 140 von 159
  1. Beiträge anzeigen #121
    Knight Avatar von NCONiall

NCONiall ist offline
    They're located in the folder labelled gothic3 in My Documents.

2. Beiträge anzeigen #122
    Adventurer Avatar von waltc
    Deep within Martian soil where it's warm and the air is good

waltc ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von NCONiall Beitrag anzeigen
    Here's a changelog.

The patch adds widescreen support and makes arena fights much more difficult.
    Simply unchecking the "Artificial AI" setting in the options panel will take the "difficult" out of the arena fights, if that's what you want. It's not really that things are more difficult, it's just that your opponent will attempt to parry and block you if he can--you can counter that simply by paying attention. But...if you enjoy the sheer fun of simply slicing him and dicing him before he can say "Ow!" just turn off the AI and you're there...

(I confess to being a fan of the arena slice-and-dice, myself.)

Edit: 1.75 is so good that I'm a bit underwhelmed as to why there aren't dozens of pages of positive commentary addressing this effort. I tried to say how much I appreciated the efforts of the people involved in my last post, but don't feel like I said enough. I'm not sure I *can* say enough. I'm rarely so impressed with such efforts--just want you to know how much your work is appreciated and how much pleasure 1.75 is giving me. I've played the game through off and on for years, with differing patches as we all have, but this looks like the penultimate effort--made even more enjoyable for me because I had no idea it was coming.

Question for discussion and of course everyone is invited to respond: what is it about Gothic 3, that in your opinion, makes the game so worthwhile that it deserves replay after replay, or effort after effort to patch and improve the game? I've asked myself that question often in the last few years. Is it because all of us sense a latent masterpiece lying there just almost within reach but not quite making it all the way out into the open? A marvelous game just "inches" away from discovery? I think that's it for me--and that it is true for me even more than it was true for Gothic 2--and good grief, I can barely remember Gothic 1...

I just finished G2 a few months ago on yet another replay. Loved it--especially with the community patch stitching together some of the more disparate pieces of the saga. But Gothic 3...just draws me in somehow in a way the other chapters in the Gothic saga have not--though all of them have been highly satisfying to play. But this patch...this 1.75...I'm not kidding when I say I have scarcely ever seen such a rendering improvement as in this 1.75 engine! It's given the game a whole new character from my point of view.

I wonder...have the powers that be where the legalisms are concerned behind this game (Nordic games?) given any thought to a commercial re-release of this game with 1.75 and paying all of you guys handsomely for your work? You deserve it, no question about that. It wouldn't be unprecedented--just look at what CDPR did with Witcher 1 and all of its very-late-after-release patching and work that greatly improved the game in virtually every respect--after it had been released for a year or two. I know G3 is way past that deadline, but what you've done here is breathe new life into this game--for me it plays like a brand-new game with a brand-new engine. I mean, the graphics engine just blows me away--everything is so clear and realistic and just very nearly scenic to behold that the whole darn game is like a new saga!

OK, I'm going to shut up now else I won't be able to shut up. Great job, again. And again, to all of you, my thanks for all of your effort. I only wish I might've been able to help in some small way. You've got a gem here, and because of your efforts it is no longer a "gem in the rough," as they say! Thanks again, my friends!

WaltC
    (getting back to G3, v. 1.75--accept no substitutes for 1.75!)
    Geändert von waltc (01.08.2012 um 22:34 Uhr) Grund: to add comment

3. Beiträge anzeigen #123
    Veteran Avatar von Hans Trapp

Hans Trapp ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von waltc Beitrag anzeigen
    Did I lose any saves? Heck yeah. Did I care? Hell, no!... The game is now that much better for me. Replaying parts of it will be a labor of love.

From where I'm standing--you have not only met but you've surpassed whatever goals you may have had in mind. Thanks again!
    I am certain that Urban will love your statement. He did a great job on improving the engine. Utterances like yours is what lets him doing what he is doing.

4. Beiträge anzeigen #124
    Adventurer Avatar von waltc
    Deep within Martian soil where it's warm and the air is good

waltc ist offline

Cool

Zitat Zitat von Hans Trapp Beitrag anzeigen
    I am certain that Urban will love your statement. He did a great job on improving the engine. Utterances like yours is what lets him doing what he is doing.
    Well, I just read this post after making the above post, so please have Urban read that one, too! You are not kidding or exaggerating when you say he did a great job improving the engine! You guys are the greatest--I've got to get back to Gothic 3 again. Here I am, playing it for--oh, the fifth or sixth time--and suddenly because of the work of the 1.75 team--I'm not playing it just to see what "I missed" last go around--I'm playing it from scratch as a brand new game because 1.75 makes me feel almost as though I've *never* played through and am on my very first play through! The jaded cynic inside wants me to tell you that for me this is a very rare statement! So thanks again, all!

A few days ago you could not tear me out of Skyrim except for food, work, sleep, or sex. Since G3 1.75 came out, Skyrim is on the back burner, and I only stop for food and sleep. Heh... (Alright--you caught me--I still go to work!)

5. Beiträge anzeigen #125
    Veteran Avatar von Hans Trapp

Hans Trapp ist offline
    so please have Urban read that one, too!
    I did send him the link so he can read it himself

A few days ago you could not tear me out of Skyrim
    That's why I am still awake

(Alright--you caught me--I still go to work!)
    And that's why I have to hit the sack

6. Beiträge anzeigen #126
    Kämpfer Avatar von Urban

Urban ist offline
    @waltc and @All

We all love comments like yours, because they give us some kind of honor and happiness as a payment for our lost spare time, anger, frustration, sleepless nights, ...... and of course the hard work we have done.

For years we make patches just to make this game what it should be and to make people like you happy.

I can only say thank you!
    To you and and to all they took a ride with us over such a long time, your are a part of the story.

The book has now closed.
    Urban
    01010010 01101001 01110100 01110100 01100101 01110010 01100100 01100101 01110011
    00110001 00110010 01001011 01100101 01101100 01100011 01101000 01100101 01110011

7. Beiträge anzeigen #127
    Knight Avatar von NCONiall

NCONiall ist offline
    Simply unchecking the "Artificial AI" setting in the options panel will take the "difficult" out of the arena fights, if that's what you want. It's not really that things are more difficult, it's just that your opponent will attempt to parry and block you if he can--you can counter that simply by paying attention. But...if you enjoy the sheer fun of simply slicing him and dicing him before he can say "Ow!" just turn off the AI and you're there...

(I confess to being a fan of the arena slice-and-dice, myself.)
    Yeah but you need the difficulty in the arena fights, the only fight that came close to being somewhat difficult was the one in Bakaresh with the Temple Fighters but even that was considerably easy. I can only imagine what that fight will be like with AI on in 1.75.
    Geändert von NCONiall (02.08.2012 um 16:31 Uhr)

8. Beiträge anzeigen #128
    Knight Commander

Petyamester ist offline
    Just wanted to have a bit of nostalgia and reinstall G3, and then I see you guys are still working on patches. A million hats off to You, sirs!

9. Beiträge anzeigen #129
    Rookie

theroot ist offline

Bug ... probably

Hi,
    i notice something strange which is a bug maybe, but I'm not sure, if i kill some animal and walk very far from it and then i return - it is alive. I mean in the old versions if i kill some wolf for example .. it will always remain dead and in most cases I'll never see it again, but after this release - it seems that the animals appears again after some period of time. So, is it a bug or feature ?

10. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #130
    Demigod Avatar von Bastardo

Bastardo ist offline
    Yeah, sometimes foes respawn. It's a feature of the patch.

11. Beiträge anzeigen #131
    Rookie

theroot ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von One Stoned Bastard Beitrag anzeigen
    Yeah, sometimes foes respawn. It's a feature of the patch.
    is it possible to be disabled ... from the INI for example !?

12. Beiträge anzeigen #132
    Ehrengarde

Dimus ist offline
    @ theroot:
    AFAIK, partial respawn of monsters can't be disabled. This feature was in G3 initially, but its implementation was too buggy.

13. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #133
    Local Hero Avatar von zrhtemplar

zrhtemplar ist offline
    I installed today g3 and just updated to CP 1,75 what can i say i am speachless, game is on high and its working lol

gj people.

14. Beiträge anzeigen #134
    Apprentice

drgcommander ist offline

bug or crappy computer?

i reinstalled gothic 3 today and installed the CP 1.75.14 patch so that i could try out the ork mod but i've still got a problem with the english text where nothing shows up in the menu. i tried loading the game on the unpatched version of gothic 3 and it is fine. before all of this, i used CP 1.74 patch and it was fine too, but every time i install CP 1.75.14 it always causes problems with displaying english text.

anyway, there are pictures of the problem in a previous thread i put up. any1 know what the problem is and how to solve it? could it be my crappy computer that is out of date or is it a bug?

http://forum.worldofplayers.de/forum...e-Data-Problem

Note:
    OS - Vista Home Premium
    RAM - 3GB
    Manufacture - Packard Bell
    Processor - AMD Athlon(tm) X2 Dual Core QL-64 2.10Ghz
    System type - 32 bit system

15. Beiträge anzeigen #135
    Adventurer

kacmac111 ist offline
    Hi. Can you do something with stupid inventory system? Like unable to open inventory while fighting (something like sleeping, sitting, etc. while fighting in latest patch). This will increase difficulty level of gothic 3. Everyone knows endless HP restoring while fighting without scratch on hero : This is sadly...

16. Beiträge anzeigen #136
    Rookie

madmax919 ist offline

Trouble with blocking!

Thank you for this. Gothic 3 became my favorite game while using 1.7 a few years ago. Gothic was too hard, so I gave up before getting any further. I like Gothic 2, but the combat seems too difficult for me to continue. I'll come back to the second some day.
    Looks great, plays great, looks and plays better. Don't care for the look of the new text in most places, but I think I've gotten used to it.
    The patch is near perfect, with one issue which has been present from the start.

My issue is concerned with blocking; I can block, but there are no blocking sounds and possibly no blocking texures. When I block an attack, it doesn't look, sound or feel like I'm blocking.
    I noticed this after installing the 1.74 patch. Then assumed this may be fixed with this 1.75. But it still remains. Therefore it must be patch related. I have tried to ignore this, but blocking and hearing blocking is an intergral part of this good game. Other than this, as I've mentioned, Gothic 3 1.75 is amazing. I have not been running 1.75 for long, but everything else is perfect.

Has anybody experienced this problem? Is there any fix for this issue?
    Thanks,
    John.

17. Beiträge anzeigen #137
    Warrior Avatar von The Ore Baron

The Ore Baron ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von madmax919 Beitrag anzeigen
    Thank you for this. Gothic 3 became my favorite game while using 1.7 a few years ago. Gothic was too hard, so I gave up before getting any further. I like Gothic 2, but the combat seems too difficult for me to continue. I'll come back to the second some day.
    Looks great, plays great, looks and plays better. Don't care for the look of the new text in most places, but I think I've gotten used to it.
    The patch is near perfect, with one issue which has been present from the start.

My issue is concerned with blocking; I can block, but there are no blocking sounds and possibly no blocking texures. When I block an attack, it doesn't look, sound or feel like I'm blocking.
    I noticed this after installing the 1.74 patch. Then assumed this may be fixed with this 1.75. But it still remains. Therefore it must be patch related. I have tried to ignore this, but blocking and hearing blocking is an intergral part of this good game. Other than this, as I've mentioned, Gothic 3 1.75 is amazing. I have not been running 1.75 for long, but everything else is perfect.

Has anybody experienced this problem? Is there any fix for this issue?
    Thanks,
    John.
    Could someone answer this guy's question, please? I feel really bad about a new member being ignored.

18. Beiträge anzeigen #138
    Fighter Avatar von SkullX

SkullX ist offline
    Hi there new guy, sorry for ignoring you, school started for most of the folks (Not for me...) and yeah...

Welcome here

About your problem here is the answer:
    All animations are in the game. But if you switch on "Alternative AI", the stumble animations when parrying will not be used.
    So that's intended.

This is also the case with CP 1.73, by the way. The only difference between the patches is: With 1.73, the alternative AI is switched off by default. With 1.75, it is switched on by default.

Please enjoy your stay.
    If you even try to look the other way...

19. Beiträge anzeigen #139
    Rookie

madmax919 ist offline
    Thanks Ore Baron! Means alot. It's good to know people still care, even about the small things.

Thanks SkullX!
    I can block again. Gothic 3 is perfect now.

Thanks again.

20. Beiträge anzeigen #140
    Veteran

Kraszu ist offline
    I had played 1.75 with QP, and so far it runs, and looks great, tweaked ini for insane long viewing range, and the game almost never even shutter it only load new terrain sometimes (few sec when the game is frozen, and loading) but that takes less time then loading screens in most games so it works great. Thanks for the patch you had made Gothic 3 as good as previous Gothic games to me.

i5 760, gtx 460 1gb @800mhz, 4gb ram, win 7 64bit.

Zitat Zitat von madmax919 Beitrag anzeigen
    I like Gothic 2, but the combat seems too difficult for me to continue.
    If the combat is too hard then try to make every quest that doesn't require fighting you aren't supposed to win against most enemies at start (at least it isn't required, and it is much easier to get stronger first). Not sure what the problem is for you but the combat requires the same thing as G3, timing, different enemies requires different approach but often you need to step back when enemy is attacking, and then you will have a window to attack when enemy is vulnerable. It is much easier to fight like that against most humanoids then trying to time block. Then get a weapon with long reach even if the dmg will not be very high it will make fighting much easier, the game is easier with two handers, and paladin path is easier (easier to become militia, and Paladin has cheap, and good spells).
    Geändert von Kraszu (29.10.2012 um 11:36 Uhr)

Seite 7 von 8 « Erste ... 345678 Letzte »