Home Gothic Gothic II Gothic 3 Gothic 4 Downloads Forums

Seite 5 von 8 « Erste 12345678 Letzte »
Ergebnis 81 bis 100 von 159
  1. Beiträge anzeigen #81
    Ritter Avatar von mdahm

mdahm ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von darkeningday Beitrag anzeigen
    Wow, thanks for making that for me. However, it didn't seem to disable the waterfall sounds or the shore winds at Cape Dun and Ardea. :-/ The winds in Nordmar, however, seem to have gone silent, and it runs better (especially near The Hammer Clan) because of it. Truly strange.
    Oh, when it worked in Nordmar, you "installed" the file correctly, but I seem to have overseen some of the needed sounds. Here's a new version of the file: http://upload.worldofplayers.de/file...HgRJ5Sound.zip

If this still doesn't do the trick, please tell me: What other Sound.* files do you have in the Data folder? My changes might be useless if there's a Sound.mod or Sound.nod, for example.

2. Beiträge anzeigen #82
    Apprentice

darkeningday ist offline
    IT WORKED!!! Silden and Faring are now buttery smooth . Thanks so much!

3. Beiträge anzeigen #83
    Apprentice

darkeningday ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Landros Beitrag anzeigen
    Well... thanks for taking the time to answer me!

As for you, darkeningday...

Here you go! The link to the page where you can get everything you need to make it work. Or so I think!

http://www.worldofgothic.de/dl/downl...e97ba0db4ffae0

They themselves say something about the 1.75 patch so...

It seems that only the Quest Packet 4.2 needed a compatibility patch.
    "Questpaket v4.2 + Kompatibilitäts-Update zum CP v1.75" I'm no german speaker but, that does resemble a "Compatibility Update"... )
    Thanks! Got it installed and it's working fine. However, anyone else notice that even the original textures look slightly worse? Obviously the new fan-made textures won't be pro, but it's unfortunate there's such a hit to the originals :-/.

4. Beiträge anzeigen #84
    Ranger

Landros ist offline
    I've finally checked it out on a mates PC... I'll have to say I enjoy the new texture palette. It reminds me of Gothic 1 , with its darker, gloomier feeling. That's not to say I didn't enjoy the original G3 colors... at the moment I really can't say which one is better. They both agree with me...

5. Beiträge anzeigen #85
    Apprentice

darkeningday ist offline
    Dammit: mdahm was right all along; setting entity.ROI to anything above the default 4000 (even 4500!) causes the ambient sound/game to stutter. Renaming sound.pak fixed all of the performance issues, so it's definitely a sound-only issue. Clearly, I overlooked this in my initial testing.

Unfortunately, I've now become so used to the increased draw distance, I'm somewhat unsure how to proceed; I remember, back in the day, increasing the sound cache in the ini seemed to correct audio issues--obviously this won't work now. I gather the sound cache has been optimized only for default settings, and can't be changed?

Does anyone have any suggestions, or will I just have to Sophie's Choice between spectacular draw distance and stutter-free audio? There seem to be quite a few people using the ultra ini; do they just grin and bare the audio issues, or am I alone here? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated .
    Geändert von darkeningday (16.05.2012 um 07:39 Uhr)

6. Beiträge anzeigen #86
    Ritter Avatar von mdahm

mdahm ist offline
    As mentioned in the ge3.ini, the Entity.ROI is mainly used to process all dynamic entities within range. Dynamic entities are NPCs etc. and as far as I understand also objects like waterfalls.

To increase the draw distance, there are other parameters, for example fFarClippingPlane, fFarClippingPlaneLowPolyMesh, VegetationViewRange and others.

7. Beiträge anzeigen #87
    Apprentice

darkeningday ist offline
    Oh; I'm aware of that. I was there the day Mythos made the legendary "tweaking" post on the JoWood forum.

But NPC draw distance is fairly essential, to me at least.

8. Beiträge anzeigen #88
    banned

MatTheCat ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von JohnSoverign Beitrag anzeigen
    Did anyone actually notice the parrying animations went missing with this patch? And I mean parrying with a sword not blocking with a shield. I made a thread about it but no one seems to care as if people only went "WAGAAAAAAAAAAA!" and never really bothered to click the right mouse button to actually parry at the start of a new game.
    Hmm.. perhaps this is the problem I am experiencing.

I have installed the CP 1.75 and am playing it with QP 4.2 and CM 2.4.

I remember the fighting in the original Gothic 3 being utter shit....then one day, with Patch 1.7x, the fighting was healed and it was actually enjoyable. However, playing G3 again with the aforementioned patches and mods, the fighting again seems utterly shit. Fighting against beasts in particular is over the top difficult due to having no defense (even with shield), no way of dodging them, and the fact that they simply bite through my attacks.

Have I simply forgotten (been a couple of years since I played G3) how bad the fighting actually was (even with CP patch) or is something really amiss with the latest update?

9. Beiträge anzeigen #89
    Ehrengarde

Dimus ist offline
    I have a question to CPT guys: how to fix a bug with Milten's eyes in CP v1.75 - on the his eyebrows 2 additional eyes are visible. Screenshots you can find in this archive. For example, in the QP v4 Update 2 this bug isn't present.

10. Beiträge anzeigen #90
    Ranger Avatar von Emilyan

Emilyan ist offline
    Hello. I have a strange problem since I installed gothic 3 with 1.75. I set everything on maximum, game runs almost smoothly, but in 20-30 minutes of playing, i get an error which gets me out of game (something with short on memory). I have windows 7 32 bits with 4 gb ram, 3 ghz dual core and ati hd 3800 1 gb vram. If i set everything to medium or low, I get no such problems. What should i do to be able to play on maximum setting without errors? Thanks in advance!
    This is the image I get:
    [Bild: 87471111.png]
    And now, after the hero killed rhobar the second, he joined xardas and they went to The Unknown Lands, where other dangers await him and new legendary creatures to be killed...
    Geändert von Emilyan (17.05.2012 um 21:27 Uhr)

11. Beiträge anzeigen #91
    Schwertmeister Avatar von bigsnappy

bigsnappy ist offline
    This is a bit weird, my anti-virus program reports a keylogger in the Gothic3.exe.

It's called: not-a-virus:PDM:Monitor.Win32.Keylogger.c

I recently installed G3 with CP1.75 + QP4.2 + CM2.4

Anybody who can tell me what it does?
    Everything is relative... until it bites.

12. Beiträge anzeigen #92
    Ritter Avatar von mdahm

mdahm ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von MatTheCat Beitrag anzeigen
    Have I simply forgotten (been a couple of years since I played G3) how bad the fighting actually was (even with CP patch) or is something really amiss with the latest update?
    I don't quite know what you have forgotten. But please check your difficulty settings.
    If fights are too hard, deactive the "Alternative AI" there. (Not to be confused with "Alternative Balancing, please.)

Zitat Zitat von Dimus Beitrag anzeigen
    I have a question to CPT guys: how to fix a bug with Milten's eyes in CP v1.75 - on the his eyebrows 2 additional eyes are visible. Screenshots you can find in this archive. For example, in the QP v4 Update 2 this bug isn't present.
    Thanks for the screenshot. I have nothing to do with textures etc., but will ask Urban to have a look.

Zitat Zitat von bigsnappy Beitrag anzeigen
    This is a bit weird, my anti-virus program reports a keylogger in the Gothic3.exe.

It's called: not-a-virus:PDM:Monitor.Win32.Keylogger.c
    There's no keylogging stuff in the original version of the gothic3.exe of CP 1.75. To make sure, I just checked it again with an online malware scanner (http://virusscan.jotti.org/de) - no malware found!
    So I guess your gothic3.exe is somehow corrupted. Please have a look at the properties of the gothic3.exe. It has to be version 1.75.20108.14, and the size has to be 196.608 Bytes. To make sure, I would advise you to download the patch again.
    (What anti virus programme are we talking about, btw?)

Zitat Zitat von Emilyan Beitrag anzeigen
    Hello. I have a strange problem since I installed gothic 3 with 1.75. I set everything on maximum, game runs almost smoothly, but in 20-30 minutes of playing, i get an error which gets me out of game (something with short on memory). I have windows 7 32 bits with 4 gb ram, 3 ghz dual core and ati hd 3800 1 gb vram. If i set everything to medium or low, I get no such problems. What should i do to be able to play on maximum setting without errors? Thanks in advance!
    This is the image I get: [...]
    The screenshot with the dump information doesn't help here, sorry. Can be anything.
    But for cases like yours, there's the technical support (help board). The moderators there will probably ask you for technical information of your system, meaning not some small stats, but a decent dxdiag.txt, for example.

But if the game is actually short on memory as you write, the first wise idea would be to NOT set everything on max. Quote from the readme.txt: "High resolution texture settings will still result in a higher crash frequency than mid or low resolution textures."

13. Beiträge anzeigen #93

Emilyan ist offline
    The strange fact is, when i had 1.74 patch installed, the game runned with many freezes, like every 3-4 seconds, when i had details on maximum, but still it did not crash. Now, with latest patch, if i run on maximum settings, i barely experience any freeze, but still, after 30 mins, i get this low memory error.
    And now, after the hero killed rhobar the second, he joined xardas and they went to The Unknown Lands, where other dangers await him and new legendary creatures to be killed...

14. Beiträge anzeigen #94
    banned

MatTheCat ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Emilyan Beitrag anzeigen
    The strange fact is, when i had 1.74 patch installed, the game runned with many freezes, like every 3-4 seconds, when i had details on maximum, but still it did not crash. Now, with latest patch, if i run on maximum settings, i barely experience any freeze, but still, after 30 mins, i get this low memory error.
    Sounds like you may have some incompatible ini file tweaks and/or have opted to install the 'enhanced draw distance' tweak in the CM 2.4 pack, without having the physical memory to properly handle it......possibly?

15. Beiträge anzeigen #95
    Schwertmeister Avatar von bigsnappy

bigsnappy ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von mdahm Beitrag anzeigen
    There's no keylogging stuff in the original version of the gothic3.exe of CP 1.75. To make sure, I just checked it again with an online malware scanner (http://virusscan.jotti.org/de) - no malware found!
    So I guess your gothic3.exe is somehow corrupted. Please have a look at the properties of the gothic3.exe. It has to be version 1.75.20108.14, and the size has to be 196.608 Bytes. To make sure, I would advise you to download the patch again.
    (What anti virus programme are we talking about, btw?)
    I do have version 1.75.20108.14, and the size is 196.608 Bytes. Maybe it is a 'false positive' detection by the virus scanner.
    Everything is relative... until it bites.

16. Beiträge anzeigen #96

Emilyan ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von MatTheCat Beitrag anzeigen
    Sounds like you may have some incompatible ini file tweaks and/or have opted to install the 'enhanced draw distance' tweak in the CM 2.4 pack, without having the physical memory to properly handle it......possibly?
    I did not install it when it asked on CM 2.4 pack.

17. Beiträge anzeigen #97
    Neuling

MrEVIL ist offline
    outdated msvcredist! but why ?

18. Beiträge anzeigen #98
    Apprentice

darkeningday ist offline
    @Emilyan

I'd advise you to use a program that shuts down all non-essential programs and defrags your RAM, ala Gamebooster; it significantly cut down my crashes with high-res textures enabled. It obviously won't work miracles (despite its ridiculously inflated claims to the contrary), but it's at least worth a shot. In addition, I'd suggest restarting your computer before playing G3, since the game is such an enormous resource hog where every single application you've run will degrade your performance (even if very slightly.)

Hope this helps!

19. Beiträge anzeigen #99

Emilyan ist offline
    Thank you for your advice! I will try this as soon as possible. By the way, why is a game made in 2006 so big memory consummer? I have played games like skyrim, gta4, the witcher 2 with no problems, but this one is kinda strange. Is it because the program used to create this game is not good optimised?

20. Beiträge anzeigen #100
    Apprentice

DragonHunter123 ist offline
    The booze for Mojok quest in farring is still bugged here! At least i think it is. I can't give him the nordmar noggingfog.

Seite 5 von 8 « Erste 12345678 Letzte »