Home Gothic Gothic II Gothic 3 Gothic 4 Downloads Forums

Seite 5 von 49 « Erste 1234567891216 ... Letzte »
Ergebnis 81 bis 100 von 967
  1. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #81
    Demigod Avatar von Bastardo

Bastardo ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Hellbilly Beitrag anzeigen
    Hmmm... would you agree with me if I said that "punishment" is the wrong word (for, after all, anything can be a punishment... in many cases, particularly forced rehabilitation!) and something like retribution or revenge would be better? Rehabilitation, not retribution. The punishment is, as we agree, inevitable.
    Yeah, revenge may be a better word. But still, I think the punishment should be no more than a byproduct of Justice, while supporters of death penalty seem to think that is the purpose of the judicial system.

2. Beiträge anzeigen #82
    Skinhead  Avatar von Hellbilly

Hellbilly ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von One Stoned Bastard Beitrag anzeigen
    Yeah, revenge may be a better word. But still, I think the punishment should be no more than a byproduct of Justice, while supporters of death penalty seem to think that is the purpose of the judicial system.
    Yes, I agree wholeheartedly on the subject of "death penalty as punishment" (or retribution). And it reeks of religious justice as well, to me: to send someone to be condemned by a higher power. I'm sure lots of supporters of death penalty think exactly like that; "let [insert god here] punish him/her!"

The (former) creator of the Spirou comics, Franquin, once drew a cool, political comic strip on the subject of death penalty and the notion of "he who takes a life forfeits his own life" - a man being led to a guillotine by a executioner, and an executioner waiting with a guillotine for the executioner, and an executioner waiting for the executioner of the executioner with a guillotine... ad infinitum.

3. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #83

Bastardo ist offline
    I find the act of killing murderers no more just than the act of raping molesters or defrauding con-men. Some people, me included, might get off on that but that is not something the State should endorse, much less institutionalize.

And when you're killing criminals who are not murderers, you can't even hide behind the (unfortunately popular) principle of an eye for an eye. You (the nation) become straight-up murderous yourselves.
    I'm sure lots of supporters of death penalty think exactly like that; "let [insert god here] punish him/her!"
    Yes, and a significant portion of those people will admit to that. Interestingly enough, most often than not if you examine their theology their divinity is more than capable to punish living people and oh by the way, doesn't like unauthorized killing of any human being.
    Geändert von Bastardo (18.04.2012 um 15:24 Uhr)

4. Beiträge anzeigen #84
    Knight Commander

Nisarg ist offline
    While I do agree that the death penalty is usually unjustified, but there are cases where the government simply spends way too much to keep the prisoner jailed. What could be done about that?

Also, I think that if you're about to study or rehabilitate a terrorist or even just make him rot in the jail, you should announce that you've killed him so that you're not bothered by hostage situations requiring that terrorist to be freed.
    My skin for Opera Web Browser.[Bild: tOC_sig1.jpg]

5. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #85

Bastardo ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Nisarg Beitrag anzeigen
    What could be done about that?
    Something like the colonization of Australia, I guess. Maybe it's hard to find a suitable island nowadays, though.

But that way you might decide to only spend money on maritime patrols and leave the hopeless cases to fend for themselves without sacrificing the integrity of a whole nation.
    Geändert von Bastardo (18.04.2012 um 15:05 Uhr)

6. Beiträge anzeigen #86
    General Avatar von ICFabian

ICFabian ist offline
    Another 5000-page debate sprung overnight, lol.

7. Beiträge anzeigen #87
    General Avatar von KGS

KGS ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Faby Beitrag anzeigen
    Another 5000-page debate sprung overnight, lol.
    and i kinda missed it ;/

i don't really believe in evil; if i were king of Norway, i'd give the guy a cozy cell with books, newspapers and maybe even a pc and poker nights with fellow murderers... oh and regular walks so he can feel the grass and look at the clouds and stuff
    and if he decides he'd rather die i'd give him a poison or a gun or whatever he wants to kill himself with

and society should be happy to pay for all that because I (as a king of Norway) would be keeping an insane murderer of its back

8. Beiträge anzeigen #88

Hellbilly ist offline
    ^That's pretty much what a Scandinavian prison is like. Well, AFAIK Breivik was kept in isolation in the beginning, but (officially at least) mainly for his own security. And the euthanasia bit doesn't happen, of course. Although in Breiviks' case, I'm sure he'd be able to find someone willing to leave a shoelace or belt in his cell, heh...

9. Beiträge anzeigen #89
    General Avatar von KGS

KGS ist offline
    nice

10. Beiträge anzeigen #90
    Dragonslayer Avatar von Zeri0n

Zeri0n ist offline
    [Bild: genius-meme.png]

^That's me, 5 minutes ago, i screwed a flirt with a cute small (ehm opposite of tall?) girl

11. Beiträge anzeigen #91
    Demigod Avatar von Dino

Dino ist offline
    ^That's pretty much what a Scandinavian prison is like.
    So what if I came up north and commited some serious crime? Would they lock me up in a place like that because to be honest it's better than what I could ever achieve here.

12. Beiträge anzeigen #92

Zeri0n ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Dino Beitrag anzeigen
    So what if I came up north and commited some serious crime? Would they lock me up in a place like that because to be honest it's better than what I could ever achieve here.
    Yup, you can even graduate there or finish college if i am right

13. Beiträge anzeigen #93
    Demigod Avatar von Dino

Dino ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Zeri0n Beitrag anzeigen
    Yup, you can even graduate there or finish college if i am right
    Well then it's settled. You guys will hear about me in the summer

14. Beiträge anzeigen #94

Zeri0n ist offline
    Well then it's settled. You guys will hear about me in the summer
    Good luck, make sure you upload the video first, before you turn yourself in

15. Beiträge anzeigen #95
    General Avatar von KGS

KGS ist offline
    don't you have to have citizenship or something...

16. Beiträge anzeigen #96
    Knight Commander Avatar von TudoracheMG

TudoracheMG ist offline
    [Bild: genius-meme.png]

^That's me, 5 minutes ago, i screwed a flirt with a cute small (ehm opposite of tall?) girl
    That's my brother,I love short chicks

17. Beiträge anzeigen #97

Zeri0n ist offline
    I actually offended her for being short, i don't know, i guess i said something stupid, as always xD

18. Beiträge anzeigen #98

Hellbilly ist offline
    Yeah. Chances are they'd haul Dino's ass off back to Bulgaria. Or have him serve his time, and then kick him back to Bulgaria and make him a persona non grata for all eternity. Or something like that.

19. Beiträge anzeigen #99
    Demigod Avatar von Dino

Dino ist offline
    Yeah. Chances are they'd haul Dino's ass off back to Bulgaria. Or have him serve his time, and then kick him back to Bulgaria and make him a persona non grata for all eternity. Or something like that.
    Well it's too cold there anyway.

20. Beiträge anzeigen #100
    banned

Dantos ist offline
    ^That's pretty much what a Scandinavian prison is like. Well, AFAIK Breivik was kept in isolation in the beginning, but (officially at least) mainly for his own security. And the euthanasia bit doesn't happen, of course. Although in Breiviks' case, I'm sure he'd be able to find someone willing to leave a shoelace or belt in his cell, heh...
    Does that even work?
    Sounds to me you scandinavians don't even know what True Justice means and don't want criminals to face punishment... having a PC in your cell is not a punishment -_- It's a blessing. Even beggars can't use a PC... JEEZ why are we even discussing prisoner's rights and benefits when we should be caring about the homeless. I had to throw my lunch when I saw that beggar diving into the trash like it was a pool or something

Well it's too cold there anyway.
    So? Grab a Rum or a Vodka and play Viking there!

Bad move dude... short girls are very vengeful little creatures... I tend to do this when I see them:
    [Bild: ostrich-head-in-sand.jpg]

Anyway about Justice: I think the best judgement ever was the medieval judgement system, where they sent petty criminals to the stocks to be humiliated and as for big time criminals the Roman justice system was very effective by sending them to be eaten by Lions...
    Public executions sure worked wonders back in the day.
    Geändert von Dantos (18.04.2012 um 20:25 Uhr)

Seite 5 von 49 « Erste 1234567891216 ... Letzte »