Home Gothic Gothic II Gothic 3 Gothic 4 Downloads Forums

Seite 3 von 49 « Erste 12345671014 ... Letzte »
Ergebnis 41 bis 60 von 967
  1. Beiträge anzeigen #41
    Dragonslayer Avatar von Zeri0n

Zeri0n ist offline
    I agree with Dantos on the thing about beggars and prisoners. States put a lot of money into prisoners, In US, State spends around 6-7 thousand dollars a year, while on prisoners they spend somewhere around 25-32 thousand dollars. I mean, we no need proper education???? (I'm from Serbia, but i feel bad for them) -> Prisoners get free dental care, medical care, chance to graduate, free college, 3 meals per day, "paid" work (yes low pay, but still) while students get nothing of it..... I mean in Serbia here we have really really cheap food in cafeteria (we call it Menza, but it's actually a line restaurant, and food is really great), whole lunch costs 50 Euro cents, breakfast 30 cents and dinner 40 cents. Free medical and dental care, and free education (if you study ofc).... Serbia is shitty country in many ways, well not shitty, it would be a great state but politicians screwed everything here, but still Students live way better than students in some other countries, and we don't need to get student loans. I mean, if you do not manage to get free education (fail more exams than allowed) then you have to pay, but only like 500-1200 Eur per year (depends on type of college).... In Serbia students have large amount of discounts almost everywhere..... But to be back on topic, Instead of putting awful amounts of money into prisons, why don't they just improve the economy? Or help students or beggars as they do help their fellow prisoners....

And one more thing, It's really retarded IMHO. So the owner of Megaupload (forgot his name) can get a sentence of 20 years while a psychotic murderer who killed 77 innocent children teenagers and adults can get maximum of 21 years..... The law, the f*ck is wrong with you?

Aaaaand tomorrow i have exam from microbiology, and i started to study 3 hours ago ... This will be a long night. Bill Gates would be so proud of me

2. Beiträge anzeigen #42
    Deus Avatar von Maladiq

Maladiq ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Dino Beitrag anzeigen
    What's there to learn from the guy? He went out and killed kids - he's mad. But he'd do it all over again I believe, because why not? It must have been fun for him to shoot them and watch them die. Hell, I'm pretty sure he just made up that reason about protecting his nation and what not so he could satisfy the masses. And he's not even sorry for it.
    Mad? Nope. Insanity implies lack of discernment. Which is not the case. Deranged? Undoubtedly. Yet what makes him such? Was it how he was treated by parents and peers? Then we should find ways to prevent children from being treated that way. Was he born with it? Then we should identify the responsible gene and keep anyone who has it under supervision. You see, if we learned what made him what he is, it would be easier in the future to prevent such tragedies.
    For the most recent Elex news, the new Piranha Bytes RPG, visit us at World of Elex!!!

3. Beiträge anzeigen #43
    Demigod Avatar von Dino

Dino ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Maladiq Beitrag anzeigen
    You see, if we learned what made him what he is, it would be easier in the future to prevent such tragedies.
    I'm getting very sleepy so I might talk nonsense, but my best bet is that he did it out of boredom and because people tend to be dickheads, so he finally snapped and went on a killing spree.

4. Beiträge anzeigen #44
    Deus Avatar von Maladiq

Maladiq ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Dino Beitrag anzeigen
    I'm getting very sleepy so I might talk nonsense, but my best bet is that he did it out of boredom and because people tend to be dickheads, so he finally snapped and went on a killing spree.
    Nobody snaps like that. Unless they have serious issues. What are those issues? What caused them?
    For the most recent Elex news, the new Piranha Bytes RPG, visit us at World of Elex!!!

5. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #45
    Demigod Avatar von Bastardo

Bastardo ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Dantos Beitrag anzeigen
    Why should taxpayers pay for a criminal's food, water and cell then?
    Because death is irreversible and no judicial system or investigation is perfect. Far from it. Courts around the world victimize innocent suspects all the damn time and the moment you institutionalize the death penalty you're going to kill those poor bastards in the name of vengeance and economy.
    Geändert von Bastardo (18.04.2012 um 00:39 Uhr)

6. Beiträge anzeigen #46
    Dragonslayer Avatar von Omid-

Omid- ist offline
    Well, it could be useful to study him in order to find out what makes a killer what he is, in order to prevent future events.
    They should, they really should study him. But ofcourse they won't, he's just an evil prick anyway, fuck him. The way Dino looks at it is the way most people do and I think that's really wrong. There's so many useful things governments could spend money on to evolve as a species, but instead they pump billions of dollars and euros in keeping and expanding their power. It's not in their interests to understand why there are lunatics like this, it doesn't hurt their positions. It's much easier to just demonize these kind of people and throw them in jail. No time for solutions, just lock these kind of people up and forget about them.

Not demonizing the people in power by the way, I wonder about them too. Do these people know 99.99% of the time they're useless?

Oh well, time to shut the fuck up and go to bed.

7. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #47

Bastardo ist offline
    Exactly, that's the way I think too, "study" him, if there's anything worth studying. The most pragmatic and constructive path is always the best.
    Geändert von Bastardo (18.04.2012 um 01:17 Uhr)

8. Beiträge anzeigen #48
    banned

Dantos ist offline
    Mad? Nope. Insanity implies lack of discernment. Which is not the case. Deranged? Undoubtedly. Yet what makes him such? Was it how he was treated by parents and peers? Then we should find ways to prevent children from being treated that way. Was he born with it? Then we should identify the responsible gene and keep anyone who has it under supervision. You see, if we learned what made him what he is, it would be easier in the future to prevent such tragedies.
    Ah but won't that be counter-productive? I mean we preach about democracy and freedom of choice but if we put such weirdos under supervision won't that limit there "freedoms" and "rights"?
    That's how I see it at least... those in power want to find a loophole in there FREEDOM ideology for it to be OK to limit the freedoms of supposed criminals...

Zitat Zitat von One Stoned Bastard Beitrag anzeigen
    Because death is irreversible and no judicial system or investigation is perfect. Far from it. Courts around the world victimize innocent suspects all the damn time and the moment you institutionalize the death penalty you're going to kill those poor bastards in the name of vengeance and economy.
    Then they should only put dangerous murderers, pedophiles and the like to death.
    It should be reserved for only the biggest criminals.

Zitat Zitat von Zeri0n Beitrag anzeigen
    And one more thing, It's really retarded IMHO. So the owner of Megaupload (forgot his name) can get a sentence of 20 years while a psychotic murderer who killed 77 innocent children teenagers and adults can get maximum of 21 years..... The law, the f*ck is wrong with you?
    There's nothing wrong with the Law... it's just being used by those elite rich f^cks for there own ends.

And about Jails and Prisoners... In Bulgaria there are more Jails than "cafeterias" for the homeless...
    Oh and those Jails are full of chicken thieves and other petty criminals. The big criminals are in Power. -_-
    Geändert von Dantos (18.04.2012 um 00:52 Uhr)

9. Beiträge anzeigen #49
    Deus Avatar von Maladiq

Maladiq ist offline
    I mean we preach about democracy and freedom of choice but if we put such weirdos under supervision won't that limit there "freedoms" and "rights"?
    I, for one, do not believe in rights. I believe in privileges. I guess Bastardo will argue me on this one, but I am too tired right now.

pedophiles
    You mean illicit sex with a minor? Then, in most of the USA being 18 and having consensual sex with a 17 yr old would mean a death sentence for you. Also, speaking of pedophiles, if society wouldn't consider having sex with an under 15 yr old girl a crime, and wouldn't treat it as such, would a 9 year old girl be traumatized if she had consensual sex with a 40 year old?

@ZERION!!!
    You said that sugars and carbs diminish the insulin quantity in the body and that prevents you losing weight. Does that mean that if you eat only fruits (having high levels of sugars) you will stay fat?

10. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #50

Bastardo ist offline
    Then they should only put dangerous murderers, pedophiles and the like to death.
    It should be reserved for only the biggest criminals.
    People are wrongly convicted for child molestation and murder as well.
    You mean illicit sex with a minor?
    Technically a pedophile is someone who is sexually attracted to pre-adolescent children.
    I, for one, do not believe in rights. I believe in privileges. I guess Bastardo will argue me on this one, but I am too tired right now.
    Doesn't matter whether you invoke rights or privileges. I think nobody should have the privilege to execute people, and all people should have the right to not be executed.
    Personally when it comes to rights I believe everybody can do anything they want whenever they want, except when they can't. I guess I believe in 'wrongs' rather than 'rights'.
    Geändert von Bastardo (18.04.2012 um 01:50 Uhr)

11. Beiträge anzeigen #51
    banned

Dantos ist offline
    People are wrongly convicted for child molestation and murder as well.Technically a pedophile is someone who is sexually attracted to pre-adolescent children.Doesn't matter whether you invoke rights or privileges. I think nobody should have the privilege to execute people, and all people should have the right to not be executed.
    I remember Zeitgeist's dumb idea to put convicted criminals in suburban communities (or what not?) to make them feel loved and supported...
    If they put Anders in such a community they are all gonna die by the end of the day...
    Some criminals are beyond redemption I believe. No matter what punishment you dish him he will not learn to understand Right from Wrong.
    I watched his Manifesto btw... he seems to have copied most of it from different sources but nevertheless such materials are harmful because they can be used against us by the government... The Government will start screaming at anyone who is politically "incorrect" that he is a Nazi, that he will start mass killings etc. and especially Left Wing parties (the very ones who are for freedom, free trade and democracy) will start carting away innocent people... I mean let's face it I have not yet met a "politically correct" grandma or grandpa (and no I am not joking around)... and neither has the world at large become more open minded... In the USA there are blue State citizens who forbid there children to date afro-americans for instance... Let's not mention Muslim countries and there "masculinity" issues when it comes to women... a woman cannot go out of the house without a male family member by her side.
    So basically try as they might the "Left Wings" do not have much success in bringing peace and harmony to the various people. Far from it... the moment an Arab woman with a burqa arrives at the airport, the police starts searching her bags for bombs at the like. Talk about being hypocritical. -_-

12. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #52

Bastardo ist offline
    Some criminals are beyond redemption I believe. No matter what punishment you dish him he will not learn to understand Right from Wrong.
    I don't believe the function of institutionalized justice is to punish anyone - and really, when you get down to it, that is what differentiates an opponent of capital punishment like me from a supporter.

13. Beiträge anzeigen #53
    Deus Avatar von Maladiq

Maladiq ist offline
    I don't believe the function of institutionalized justice is to punish anyone -
    So if he feels reaaaaaaaally bad about what he did, should we let him free?

14. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #54

Bastardo ist offline
    So if he feels reaaaaaaaally bad about what he did, should we let him free?
    I've never implied such thing. Maybe I should have clarified what I believe the objective of Justice should be. Public safety, retribution for victims and rehabilitation of criminals, in that order. I'm not sure how you go about identifying a person who once murdered 77 people in one day but at the same time will not be a risk to the public, so the best thing is to keep him away from society unconditionally.

By the way there's a point I'd like to make to people who get a boner when sick bastards get punished. I doubt someone who can go out and commit random heinous crimes without remorse is someone who enjoys being alive all that much. Just being alone with their own thoughts and little to no outlet is punishment enough for such people, I would think, and having a bathroom and TV in their cell isn't going to cancel that out.
    Geändert von Bastardo (18.04.2012 um 02:27 Uhr)

15. Beiträge anzeigen #55
    Deus Avatar von Maladiq

Maladiq ist offline
    Maybe I should have clarified what I believe the objective of Justice should be. Public safety, retribution for victims and rehabilitation of criminals, in that order.
    Then you do admit that one of the functions of institutionalized justice is to punish the wrongdoer. I agree with you with a small twist. The objectives should be, in this order: public safety, rehabilitation of criminals, retribution for victims lastly. When it is proven that he will always be a public menace, then it remains to us to just enjoy his suffering, rotting in a cell, losing his minds slowly (Oldboy style).

I think retribution should precede rehabilitation in certain cases, cases which cannot be defined using different criteria, but cases which are appreciated by the judge to deserve such a treatment.

16. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #56

Bastardo ist offline
    Then you do admit that one of the functions of institutionalized justice is to punish the wrongdoer.
    No no no no no... here's an example: a thief steals from me, then he is caught and forced to pay me with interest. That is what I mean by retribution.

17. Beiträge anzeigen #57
    banned

Dantos ist offline
    No no no no no... here's an example: a thief steals from me, then he is caught and forced to pay me with interest. That is what I mean by retribution.
    What's to stop him from stealing again and this time hoping to not get caught?

18. Beiträge anzeigen #58
    Knight Commander

Nisarg ist offline
    What's to stop him from stealing again and this time hoping to not get caught?
    Rehabilitation of criminals?
    My skin for Opera Web Browser.[Bild: tOC_sig1.jpg]

19. Beiträge anzeigen #59
    banned

Dantos ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Nisarg Beitrag anzeigen
    Rehabilitation of criminals?
    And how do you propose we rehabilitate them?
    Jails as we all know are not a solution...

20. Beiträge anzeigen #60
    Knight Commander

Nisarg ist offline
    And how do you propose we rehabilitate them?
    Jails as we all know are not a solution...
    I don't know - some jails do try to rehabilitate their prisoners while they serve jail time. We have an entire brand of goods made by prisoners in one of our most important jails. They even get education (if required). And they're organising musical bands there too.

I guess the management decided that they may as well make prisoners do something worthwhile rather than chipping rocks for no reason.
    My skin for Opera Web Browser.[Bild: tOC_sig1.jpg]

Seite 3 von 49 « Erste 12345671014 ... Letzte »