Home Gothic Gothic II Gothic 3 Gothic 4 Downloads Forums

Ergebnis 1 bis 4 von 4
  1. Beiträge anzeigen #1
    Rookie

Naossoan ist offline

gothicfps.exe help!

Hi all,

I'm trying to install the GothicFPS.exe patch to the GothicMod.exe game file, but every time I try to do it, Windows tells me that GothicFPS.exe is in use by another process and it won't allow it to be patched.

I've even tried doing it after a fresh reboot, without even running any programs and it still does the same thing. I've tried Run as Administrator as well but it still doesn't work.

The exact wording it says is in the Error window is "Open: The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process."

I use Windows 7 64 bit.

How do I do it? Thanks.

Another problem is that when I go to run the game, it won't start until I go into Task Manager and end task "RunDLL32.exe *32" then the game starts up. Why?

2. Beiträge anzeigen #2
    Ehrengarde

Dimus ist offline
    Another problem is that when I go to run the game, it won't start until I go into Task Manager and end task "RunDLL32.exe *32" then the game starts up. Why?
    It is a known problem - during G1 startup Games Explorer in Windows 7 fails to get or renew information about this game. If you wanna to know more, read this article.

3. Beiträge anzeigen #3
    Rookie

Naossoan ist offline
    from the article you linked it would appear it's an issue if you don't have an internet connection....but I do, my connection is always on. This doesn't seem to describe that at all to me at least how I understand that article.

4. Beiträge anzeigen #4
    Ehrengarde

Dimus ist offline
    What will occur if Games Explorer can't find the required information even in the presence of Internet connection? Certainly, then rundll32 process will hang up in memory too. However, you can try to play with the Games Explorer settings (Start -> Games -> Games Explorer -> Settings). Unfortunately, a screenshot of settings window for Russian language only:
    Spoiler:(zum lesen bitte Text markieren)

After that click the button "Очистить сведения", close the Games Explorer and check, whether Gothic is launched.