Home Gothic Gothic II Gothic 3 Gothic 4 Downloads Forums

Seite 2 von 3 « Erste 123 Letzte »
Ergebnis 21 bis 40 von 43
  1. Beiträge anzeigen #21
    Apprentice Avatar von chopkinsca

chopkinsca ist offline
    Graphics mean nothing if they aren't implemented properly. Style and realism are two different things for graphics, but both play on each other. Gothic 2 has the right balance of style and realism. Same goes for the world to explore. A huge amount of land to explore is nothing if there isn't anything to find in nooks, crannies and caves. Gothic 2 also did well in this aspect. I enjoy exploring a little off path and finding a few items. The items may not be great, but it is rewarding to get something for exploring. I found in the Elder Scroll games, most of the only places with items were the caves/ruins you had to switch maps for.

2. Beiträge anzeigen #22
    Knight Commander

Nisarg ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von fragonard Beitrag anzeigen
    The DLC part is probably what annoys me the most but I'm also very sorry to hear that they will be using numerous QTEs; that could end being even worse.
    So far, I've heard nothing positive about the QTEs. They all seem to be triggering a trap (which, unlike Risen, cannot be avoided) which is avoided by some sort of ridiculous jump by NH. Said jump requires the player to smash spacebar repeatedly till the jump is completed.

Zitat Zitat von chopkinsca Beitrag anzeigen
    Graphics mean nothing if they aren't implemented properly. Style and realism are two different things for graphics, but both play on each other.
    You have just won +1 Internetz!

Though its believability that matters, rather than realism.
    My skin for Opera Web Browser.[Bild: tOC_sig1.jpg]

3. Beiträge anzeigen #23
    General Avatar von ICFabian

ICFabian ist offline
    Dunno about Gothic 2, but I've been trying out Gothic 1 (in German, alongside the Welt der Verurteilten mod) and it's truly an innovative experience. Perhaps it's the new language, or the tiny little edits effected by the mod, but I'm feeling at home again in the Colony.

4. Beiträge anzeigen #24
    Local Hero

fragonard ist offline
    Have you tried the Velaya mod for Gothic2? I think it might give the same feeling but it's even longer to play at about 30+ hours.
    In addition, you can get English subtitles.
    Geändert von fragonard (31.03.2012 um 20:57 Uhr)

5. Beiträge anzeigen #25

chopkinsca ist offline
    I just experienced one of the reasons why Gothic 2 is so awesome. It was in the valley below Xardas's tower, where Lester set up camp. I saved that area until after I did most of what I could do in Khorinis city. I head leather armour and a wolf knife (couldn't afford anything better yet), so even young wolves were still a problem. When I reached the valley itself, things became really tense. The foliage is so dense that it is hard to see very far. I didn't have any arrows, so I couldn't scan the area with my bow. The moving slowly through the forest with my knife out, carefully moving so I don't run into more than one wolf at a time and the music gets really tense. Adding to that is the ambient sounds intermixed with the sound of wolves I'm listening for. Playing with headphones really enhanced the experience. Everything just seemed to come together so well. I actually felt like I was in NH's body. Feeling so weak and vulnerable, something games don't do to me often. Every small victory over a small wolf was a big deal. I'm glad I finally bought the game after so many years. Such a shame it's an underrated game.

6. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #26
    Mythos Avatar von Onisuzume

Onisuzume ist offline
    a wolf knife (couldn't afford anything better yet), so even young wolves were still a problem
    I think I found the problem.
    Personally, I find the wolf knife to be utter rubbish.
    Also, you say you've already been in Khorinis, so how come you don't have a better weapon?
    Like that spiked club you can find in that cave between Xardas' tower and Khorinis.

7. Beiträge anzeigen #27

chopkinsca ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Onisuzume Beitrag anzeigen
    I think I found the problem. Personally, I find the wolf knife to be utter rubbish. Also, you say you've already been in Khorinis, so how come you don't have a better weapon? Like that spiked club you can find in that cave between Xardas' tower and Khorinis.
    I don't recall coming across a spiked club. I was in both the cave that leads to Lester and the cave with the bandits. I also couldn't afford a better weapon in Khorinis.

8. Beiträge anzeigen #28
    Local Hero

fragonard ist offline
    I don't recall coming across a spiked club. I was in both the cave that leads to Lester and the cave with the bandits. I also couldn't afford a better weapon in Khorinis.
    IIRC, one of the bandits is carrying one. Also there are a few free weapons to be picked up: a pickaxe on the farm and a rusty sword in the ditch to the right of the south gate.

9. Beiträge anzeigen #29
    Knight Commander

Nisarg ist offline
    I'm not sure if I remember right but I think that in the inventory, the Wolf knife is listed before the Spiked club by virtue of its damage. But seriously, your average goblin has a better weapon (because it actually hits people).

10. Beiträge anzeigen #30
    Sword Master Avatar von Buckingham

Buckingham ist offline
    Gothic I and Gothc II NotR are the best games for us, not for everyone simply because at their time they were the best games of the genre out there, with cutting-edge graphics , superb storyline and great gameplay. These 2 are the games that won our hearts (the hearts of those who played them when they were released or at least until oblivion was released ) and what is in your heart will be there with you forever.

It is too bad that people nowadays when they see skyrim they are like WOW and when they see G1 they say ...bahhh too old for me. Quality is not important nowadays, graphics and mass-killing things is.
    So for me at least Gothic 1 and 2 > any other game ever.
    Always fight against evil ....even if it leads to your death !!!
    We should meet the enemies of god !!! Do no wrong !!!
    [Bild: sigpic90303_4.gif]

11. Beiträge anzeigen #31
    Fighter Avatar von SkullX

SkullX ist offline
    Is there a % procent of people that played Gothic 1 and 2 and said 'This game sux, i wont remember it'?
    If you even try to look the other way...

12. Beiträge anzeigen #32
    General Avatar von ICFabian

ICFabian ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von SkullX Beitrag anzeigen
    Is there a % procent of people that played Gothic 1 and 2 and said 'This game sux, i wont remember it'?
    Probably. I'm sure most of them have never heard of WoG, so there's probably no way to find out :P

13. Beiträge anzeigen #33
    Adventurer

leroy1985 ist offline
    well i wish i played gothic 2 back in the day when it was released, im going through it now first time and i love it, BUT it shows its age, the voice acting is the worst, i love how you progress start weak then become bad ass, like ive just got the orc slayer and the magic bow wich isnt great seems there not much ammo, but i definatly prefer gothic to tes games, im a bit gutted they removed world interactions and animations for potions and stuff in risen 2, that was allways piranah byes signiture, shame, but im playing gothic 3 now with patch 1.75 and whilst im still having performence problems its just about playable, my first go on gothic 3 too, i still havnt completed gothic 2 night of the raven, im at the bandit camp in night of the raven, but moved on to gothic 3 for the better graphics and slightly better voice acting. great games, the first is just too old for me, i knnow i ould of loved it back then though

14. Beiträge anzeigen #34
    Local Hero

andorian22 ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von leroy1985 Beitrag anzeigen
    gothic 3 for the better graphics
    ha, even G3 is looking old now, too, graphics-wise but G2 is special, no
    matter what the graphics look like

15. Beiträge anzeigen #35
    Sword Master Avatar von Hampu

Hampu ist offline
    well i wish i played gothic 2 back in the day when it was released, im going through it now first time and i love it, BUT it shows its age, the voice acting is the worst
    Heh, I still think the voice acting is awesome in the first two Gothics. Though then again I've never been able to discern bad voice acting from good. As far as I'm concerned bad voice acting is when the character shows no emotion or is monotone or annoying.

As for Gothic 2 being beautiful, well, I wouldn't really say that, not anymore, but part of the charm, for me at least, is the graphic in the first two G's. It does it's job so you can see what's what. I'm one of those gamers that doesn't care about the graphics of a game, as long as it shows what's what and has a consistent visual style and isn't cartoony.

16. Beiträge anzeigen #36
    Provinzheld Avatar von Nikolai81

Nikolai81 ist offline
    I love how politically incorrect the Gothic series is. You can only play as a man, all the alpha characters are strong masculine men, and nearly every woman is a housewife, waitress, or prostitute. I remember reading one of Mike Hoge's profiles, where he writes that he has a specific philosophy about women that he won't go into at the moment... I've always wondered about that. In any case, it's very refreshing.
    "Das war's mit dir, du Mistvieh!"
    "Verdammte Enten!"

17. Beiträge anzeigen #37
    banned

MatTheCat ist offline
    but i definatly prefer gothic to tes games, im a bit gutted they removed world interactions and animations for potions and stuff in risen 2, that was allways piranah byes signiture, shame, but im playing gothic 3 now with patch 1.75 and whilst im still having performence problems its just about playable, my first go on gothic 3 too, i still havnt completed gothic 2 night of the raven, im at the bandit camp in night of the raven, but moved on to gothic 3 for the better graphics and slightly better voice acting. great games, the first is just too old for me, i knnow i ould of loved it back then though
    PB have sold thier soul to big business capital and thier market analysists and hopefully Risen 2 sales will be poor enough to show them the error of thier ways. F**k Risen 2.

If you have just started playing Gothic 3 for the first time, then I recommend the CM 2.4 patch, which totally overhauls the graphics giving the world overall much darker textures.....a big improvement in my opinion. You also might want to install the QP 4.2 beforehand, but use the CM 2.4 to disable the quests (if you are not playing in German) in order to get access to various other new stuff which only adds to the game.

Gothic 3 graphics may be 'dated', but demonstrates what PB can do so well in terms of how imaginative, ornate, and unique they can build a virutal RPG world. I have a very strong computer capable of playing any modern game totally maxed out, but no other game's graphics or 'virtual world' gives me so much pleasure and immersion as does wandering through the forests, farms, and towns of Myrtana. Admittedly, Skyrim provided for some stunning visuals but as has been mentioned earlier in this thread, Bethesda's virtual worlds are basically just big pretty but basically empty time/space barriers between the linear dungeons where 90% of the action elements of the game takes place or the towns where 90% of the games dialogue takes place, and wherein the rules of the game change and the hero's hands are tied from commiting the kinds of action that he can commit outside the town walls. In Elders Scrolls, due the general emptiness and pointlessness of the world, thier is no great motivation to explore the land and seek out any interesting nooks n crannies. The Gothic worlds on the other hand are teaming with life, interesting features, dangers and treasure which is rewarding to find.

Whilst Gothic 3 has the most stunning immersive, and complete virtual RPG world of any computer game, the interaction between the characters in G3 is on the whole very simplistic and the quests lack the same kind of intrigue as existed in those of Gothic 2. Therefore Gothic 2 remains the best RPG game of all time.

Anyone who says that Oblivion, Fallout, Skyrim are better than the Gothics is a stupid c**t.

18. Beiträge anzeigen #38
    Ranger Avatar von Celestial

Celestial ist offline
    "Anyone who says that Oblivion, Fallout, Skyrim are better than the Gothics is a stupid c**t. "

You won't get any quarrel with me over that but instead...
    I would say they have...Scheiße für Gehirne!

19. Beiträge anzeigen #39
    Local Hero Avatar von Eidolon

Eidolon ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von MatTheCat Beitrag anzeigen

Anyone who says that Oblivion, Fallout, Skyrim are better than the Gothics is a stupid c**t.
    "I'll automatically assume that you're stupid just because you happen to like X more than Y"

Yes, that's how retarded you sound.

20. Beiträge anzeigen #40
    Knight Commander

Nisarg ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Eidolon Beitrag anzeigen
    "I'll automatically assume that you're stupid just because you happen to like X more than Y"

Yes, that's how retarded you sound.
    +1..

Seite 2 von 3 « Erste 123 Letzte »