Home Gothic Gothic II Gothic 3 Gothic 4 Downloads Forums

Ergebnis 1 bis 10 von 10
  1. Beiträge anzeigen #1
    banned

MatTheCat ist offline

In a word, is Forsaken Gods Enhanced Edition with Patches any good?

I know that Forsaken Gods was a tragic mess of an add-on for Gothic 3, but is it actually any good in its community patched enhanced edition form?

2. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #2
    Fighter Avatar von Darth Crow

Darth Crow ist offline
    Well... it's a lot better to be sure. Whether it's actually good... that you'll have to find out by yourself but I'd give it a try...
    Brothers of Metal will always be there, standing together with hands in the air!

VIVA GOTHIC!

3. Beiträge anzeigen #3
    banned

MatTheCat ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Darth Crow Beitrag anzeigen
    Well... it's a lot better to be sure. Whether it's actually good... that you'll have to find out by yourself but I'd give it a try...
    Most people are on this site because they really enjoyed Gothic 1 + 2.

Therefore, if Forsaken Gods with community patch came anywhere near to being as good as earlier Gothic games then I am sure you would have told me.

Hrrmph. I am really pining for some good old RPG action and since PB are the only devs who have ever made an RPG that I have really loved, wishful thinking was leading to me wonder whether a 3rd party 'add-on' to an RPG world (half) created by PB might be something very tempting....

.....but I suspect the reality is that Gothic lost its soul sometime during the creation of Gothic 3, perhaps when it was released at least 12 months too early, and everything that has come after has just been a desperate attempt to cash in on the name.

Still just 2 more months until Risen 2!

4. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #4

Darth Crow ist offline
    As for Gothic, we still have the Community Story Project to look forward to I really think that it'll make the whole G3 a lot better. And then... who knows? Maybe there'll be a new gothic a few years from now. Until that time, maybe you could try Skyrim (It's really great!), or some Bioware RPG (Dragon Age, Mass Effect - I enjoyed those). Many people love The Witcher 2, though I haven't been able to try it out, since the performance on my computer was just horrible.

Also, why not try some "old-school" RPGs like Sacred, Diablo or something like that. I am actually going to give Sacred: Underworld a new try soon :P It's a really good one, particulary for a magic oriented character...
    Brothers of Metal will always be there, standing together with hands in the air!

VIVA GOTHIC!

5. Beiträge anzeigen #5
    banned

MatTheCat ist offline
    As for Gothic, we still have the Community Story Project to look forward to I really think that it'll make the whole G3 a lot better. And then... who knows? Maybe there'll be a new gothic a few years from now. Until that time, maybe you could try Skyrim (It's really great!), or some Bioware RPG (Dragon Age, Mass Effect - I enjoyed those). Many people love The Witcher 2, though I haven't been able to try it out, since the performance on my computer was just horrible.
    I am one of those 'strange' people who found Skyrim to be a AAA borefest just like all the other sprawling borefest Bethesda RPG's and Bioware is a gaming swear word as far as I am concerned.

Looking forward to Dark Waters and after that......pffft as far as RPGs go.

P.S. Community Story project sounds cool.....will have a look into what that is.
    Geändert von MatTheCat (14.03.2012 um 15:25 Uhr)

6. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #6

Darth Crow ist offline
    well, here is their web page. Its a really cool idea, they aim to recreate the Gothic 1-2 feeling by altering a LOT of things in G3
    About Dark Waters... I have just read a preview a few days ago that said the game is very simplified in comparism with Gothic or Risen 1. Restricted game world, very few side quests and things like that. After reading it, I am not looking forward to the game that much...

VIVA GOTHIC!

7. Beiträge anzeigen #7
    banned

MatTheCat ist offline
    well, here is their web page. Its a really cool idea, they aim to recreate the Gothic 1-2 feeling by altering a LOT of things in G3
    About Dark Waters... I have just read a preview a few days ago that said the game is very simplified in comparism with Gothic or Risen 1. Restricted game world, very few side quests and things like that. After reading it, I am not looking forward to the game that much...
    The gaming media (outside Germany) have always been very harsh on the Gothic series, whilst giving glowing reports to ultra mediocre American produced RPGs such as Elders Scrolls, Dragon Age, etc... The gaming media told me that Gothic 1 + 2 were crap....but they rank amongst the best games I ever played. Risen also scored mediocre (English language) reviews and that too was a stunningly good game.

In a word, gaming journalists are by and large a bunch of disingenious trough feeding rats, and I dont believe a word any of them say.

8. Beiträge anzeigen #8
    Sword Master Avatar von Buckingham

Buckingham ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von MatTheCat Beitrag anzeigen
    The gaming media (outside Germany) have always been very harsh on the Gothic series, whilst giving glowing reports to ultra mediocre American produced RPGs such as Elders Scrolls, Dragon Age, etc... The gaming media told me that Gothic 1 + 2 were crap....but they rank amongst the best games I ever played. Risen also scored mediocre (English language) reviews and that too was a stunningly good game.

In a word, gaming journalists are by and large a bunch of disingenious trough feeding rats, and I dont believe a word any of them say.
    Word.
    Always fight against evil ....even if it leads to your death !!!
    We should meet the enemies of god !!! Do no wrong !!!
    [Bild: sigpic90303_4.gif]

9. Beiträge anzeigen #9
    Ranger Avatar von EDWARDsmall

EDWARDsmall ist offline
    I think you are right .Ofc it might have some probs ,but its still Gothic game .
    There are just not many left .

10. Beiträge anzeigen #10
    banned

MatTheCat ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von EDWARDsmall Beitrag anzeigen
    I think you are right .Ofc it might have some probs ,but its still Gothic game .
    There are just not many left .
    Yes, but as with Arcania, Forsaken Gods may be a 'gothic' game but it is not a PB game.

A big part of the appeal of the gothic games are thier 'personality' and I think that would be something hard for another dev team to imitate.