Home Gothic Gothic II Gothic 3 Gothic 4 Downloads Forums

Seite 2 von 2 « Erste 12
Ergebnis 21 bis 27 von 27
  1. Beiträge anzeigen #21
    Demigod Avatar von Dino

Dino ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von carnage12 Beitrag anzeigen
    If you were a true Gothic fan then you won`t complain about the amount of quests that the game have.
    There we go again...

Why join the mercenaries you ask? Well, why not? It's probably the most challenging way to play the game, which adds to a whole lot of fun later on although if you know what you're doing NotR is just as easy as any other game.
    It's actually all about taste, you see? If you prefer melee combat then you'd like playing as a merc > dragon hunter. If you don't then you don't, it's as simple as that.

Oh and if you go on ahead insulting the game for being hard then I highly recommend you go play some Arcania for a change, you may find it more appealing to your... uhm, taste. Thanks, have a ncie day

2. Beiträge anzeigen #22
    General Avatar von KGS

KGS ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von carnage12 Beitrag anzeigen
    If you were a true Gothic fan then you won`t complain about the amount of quests that the game have.
    to be a true gothic fan all you have to do is to fucking like the game

3. Beiträge anzeigen #23
    Sword Master Avatar von Buckingham

Buckingham ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von KGS Beitrag anzeigen
    to be a true gothic fan all you have to do is to fucking like the game
    You are so simple

Play the game as you want it newcomer. Play it, feel it, enjoy it. Mercs rule btw.
    Always fight against evil ....even if it leads to your death !!!
    We should meet the enemies of god !!! Do no wrong !!!
    [Bild: sigpic90303_4.gif]

4. Beiträge anzeigen #24
    Provinzheld Avatar von Nikolai81

Nikolai81 ist offline
    I always choose the Mercenary faction in Gothic 2/NotR for role-playing reasons, and for better immersion. Consider this:

- Even if you play as a Paladin or Fire Magician, the Nameless Hero will have a mercenary kind of personality. He's opportunistic, cocky, defiant, sarcastic, often rude, and with mocking deadpan humor.

- The Nameless Hero is the Chosen of Adanos, making it most fitting for him to work as an agent of the Mercenaries, the Circle of Water, and the Water Mages, rather than aligning himself with those who serve Innos.

- The Pirate and Thief sub-factions are only suitable to the Mercenary (a Paladin Thief? A Fire Magician Pirate? Blech...).

- Almost all of the Nameless Hero's comrades from Gothic 1 are aligned with (or sympathetic to) the Mercenaries, and understandably resentful of the factions loyal to the King (the Paladins and Fire Magicians) who imprisoned them in the Valley of Mines. It makes sense for the Nameless Hero to be so as well.

- It feels wrong to wield Beliar's Claw as a Paladin, but entirely fitting to do so as an independent Mercenary walking the line between Innos and Beliar, wielding both the Eye and the Claw.

- It feels wrong to sneak around picking pockets and picking locks as a Paladin or Fire Magician, and if you choose not to do so you miss out on much content. It's entirely fitting for a Mercenary however.
    "Das war's mit dir, du Mistvieh!"
    "Verdammte Enten!"
    Geändert von Nikolai81 (10.05.2012 um 02:20 Uhr)

5. Beiträge anzeigen #25
    Fighter Avatar von SkullX

SkullX ist offline
    It is just as Lares said in Gothic 2 if you want to join the Militia, I quote but it's not exactly as he says

Nameless: 'I want to join the Militia'
    Lares: ' (Laugh), yeah you will read the city law's to a citizen while you pocket his money'

So even your friends within the game will say something funny about beeing a man of good actions
    If you even try to look the other way...

6. Beiträge anzeigen #26
    Knight Commander

Nisarg ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Nikolai81 Beitrag anzeigen
    - Even if you play as a Paladin or Fire Magician, the Nameless Hero will have a mercenary kind of personality. He's opportunistic, cocky, defiant, sarcastic, often rude, and with mocking deadpan humor.
    Cocky, sarcastic and rude also describes a lot of paladins and fire mages.

- Almost all of the Nameless Hero's comrades from Gothic 1 are aligned with (or sympathetic to) the Mercenaries, and understandably resentful of the factions loyal to the King (the Paladins and Fire Magicians) who imprisoned them in the Valley of Mines. It makes sense for the Nameless Hero to be so as well.
    But he could very well think of himself as a spy for the mercenaries...

- It feels wrong to sneak around picking pockets and picking locks as a Paladin or Fire Magician, and if you choose not to do so you miss out on much content. It's entirely fitting for a Mercenary however.
    I always thought that most of the Fire Mages - the Pillars of Respectability - would quite possibly be pickpockets in their spare time. I mean, we know they're greedy bastards anyway, and who would suspect an earthly representative of Innos to be a lowly thief?
    My skin for Opera Web Browser.[Bild: tOC_sig1.jpg]

7. Beiträge anzeigen #27
    Adventurer

TheWonderHenn ist offline
    carnage12 : Nobody tells me that i am not Gothic fan!
    Dino : Even Gothic 3 don't work with my computer.

Seite 2 von 2 « Erste 12