Home Gothic Gothic II Gothic 3 Gothic 4 Downloads Forums

Seite 1 von 2 12 Letzte »
Ergebnis 1 bis 20 von 23
  1. Beiträge anzeigen #1
    Deus Avatar von Maladiq

Maladiq ist offline

The smaller future of the old Gothics: Android

I recently saw GTA3 being ported to smartphones using Android. What do you think, would people buy Gothic1&2 if they were ported this way?
    For the most recent Elex news, the new Piranha Bytes RPG, visit us at World of Elex!!!

2. Beiträge anzeigen #2
    Veteran Avatar von Colton

Colton ist offline
    I know I would..

It would be a great time killer @work, since teh bosses dont look all that kindly at us when we take our laptops with us to our workstation (and by that I mean it's strictly forbitten) but I havn't seen anyone frown cuz of a mobile before..
    So yeah even though I'm not that keen a mobile phone player I would deffenatly give it a go..
    I LIKE TO KILL THINGS

3. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #3

4. Beiträge anzeigen #4
    Knight Commander

Nisarg ist offline
    I admit I have apprehensions about it too.
    My skin for Opera Web Browser.[Bild: tOC_sig1.jpg]

5. Beiträge anzeigen #5
    General Avatar von KGS

KGS ist offline
    i don't really imagine the combat system on a mobile device

6. Beiträge anzeigen #6
    Deus Avatar von Maladiq

Maladiq ist offline
    Why is it a bad idea? If the fan base grows, PB will be motivated to make another Gothic game.
    For the most recent Elex news, the new Piranha Bytes RPG, visit us at World of Elex!!!

7. Beiträge anzeigen #7
    Ranger Avatar von EDWARDsmall

EDWARDsmall ist offline
    While the idea might be good ,the difference is too huge .

8. Beiträge anzeigen #8
    Deus Avatar von Maladiq

Maladiq ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von EDWARDsmall Beitrag anzeigen
    While the idea might be good ,the difference is too huge .
    Dunno, it just needs to be ported. Today;s phones can handle games that large and complex.

9. Beiträge anzeigen #9
    Skinhead  Avatar von Hellbilly

Hellbilly ist offline
    There are issues and obstacles, for sure, but issues are made to be addressed and obstacles to be overcome. The control scheme and the small size of the screen are the main things from a gameplay-perspective. Technical specs shouldn't be an issue for today's phones. And the control scheme... well, it's basically keys only, and not that many keys at that, so at least phones with a keyboard should be able to handle it.

But if a good port was made, I know I would buy it. Heck, wouldn't it be fun to whip out your mobile phone on the train ride home from work and play Gothic? Yes, it would. It would be awesome.

Also, there seem to be more and more RPG's coming to the iPhone and iPad, some even marketing themselves as "TES clones". So I do think there is some demand for them. With the right marketing and the right price (and a good port), I don't see why Gothic couldn't be at least moderately succesful on mobile phones. Maybe spice up the graphics a bit to be able to somehow compete with the competition.

10. Beiträge anzeigen #10

Colton ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von KGS Beitrag anzeigen
    i don't really imagine the combat system on a mobile device
    I gotta go with Hellbilly on that. It may be somwhat hard with a touchscreen only phone but I don't think it's hardly impossible.
    But it's a whole other story with qwerty keyboard mobile phones since G1&2 combat and actually all the gameplay was possible without a mouse you held down ctrl and swung your sword with arrows.
    I LIKE TO KILL THINGS

11. Beiträge anzeigen #11
    Deus Avatar von Maladiq

Maladiq ist offline
    Well, I am not the person to usually do this without a second thought, but if they released Gothic on a mobile phone, I would immediately buy a phone (I only have an LG cookie at the moment) and the game. Yeah, actually buy it.

As a side not, Xperia has a nice control scheme to it, it is almost a console.

12. Beiträge anzeigen #12
    General Avatar von KGS

KGS ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Colton Beitrag anzeigen
    I gotta go with Hellbilly on that. It may be somwhat hard with a touchscreen only phone but I don't think it's hardly impossible.
    But it's a whole other story with qwerty keyboard mobile phones since G1&2 combat and actually all the gameplay was possible without a mouse you held down ctrl and swung your sword with arrows.
    i never imagined playing a game on those miniature keyboards, maybe its just me...
    but making it only for that kind of phones would drastically cut the the target audience

13. Beiträge anzeigen #13
    Knight Commander

Nisarg ist offline
    i never imagined playing a game on those miniature keyboards, maybe its just me...
    No, I find it damn easy to press the wrong key on those tiny keyboards. So playing a game using that is out of the question.
    My skin for Opera Web Browser.[Bild: tOC_sig1.jpg]

14. Beiträge anzeigen #14

Colton ist offline
    but making it only for that kind of phones would drastically cut the the target audience
    Well I manage to do it and I have some fat fingers one would say..
    And I didn't say to make it only for those kind of phones I mean you could make it for touchscreen only phones too maybe just like pressing a certain area of the screen with a finger and swing your phone one ways or another to swing your sword from side to side..
    I LIKE TO KILL THINGS

15. Beiträge anzeigen #15
    Deus Avatar von Maladiq

Maladiq ist offline

16. Beiträge anzeigen #16
    Knight Avatar von Ariogaisus

Ariogaisus ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Colton Beitrag anzeigen
    Well I manage to do it and I have some fat fingers one would say..
    And I didn't say to make it only for those kind of phones I mean you could make it for touchscreen only phones too maybe just like pressing a certain area of the screen with a finger and swing your phone one ways or another to swing your sword from side to side..
    A possibility.

17. Beiträge anzeigen #17
    Just arrived

Kalom88 ist offline

iPad

If they would release it for the iPad , I wouldn't hesitate buying it. That gothic clone they have on the IOS is so boring (Ravensword). It wouldn't hurt PB to make this move, on the contrary, I actually think it will revive the interest of many towards the Gothic series again.

18. Beiträge anzeigen #18
    Veteran

glumetzul ist offline
    I have tried GTA 3 and Max Payne on a 7 inch tablet as the phone was still a bit small for this. The controlls were awkward but the games were playable and if I were as huge fan of those games as I am of Gothic I would have completed them without a doubt. So that being said, I would vote yes for G1 and G2 on Android.

But the most important thing is that both Max Payne and GTA 3 were ported on Android and iOS in order to promote the newly released or soon to come games of the series. And they were big enough titles to make investment in such a marketing trick profitable. I don't think that GTA 3 or Max Payne sold enough units on the mobile to cover for the investment but having enthusiast raving about those series and how they can play them on their phones or tablets surely pumped the PC sales of Max Payne 3, GTA4 and soon to come GTA5 as well.

But when it comes to Gothic we are talking about a dead series and unless they plan to resurect the Gothic on PC we surely can't expect them to invest one single cent to port a 10 years old title on mobile devices. And even they would bring Gothic back to life how many would actually play a mobile version of G1? How many of you actually played Gothic 3 The Begining?

19. Beiträge anzeigen #19
    Knight Avatar von Ariogaisus

Ariogaisus ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von glumetzul Beitrag anzeigen
    How many of you actually played Gothic 3 The Begining?
    I did.

20. Beiträge anzeigen #20
    Knight Commander Avatar von TudoracheMG

TudoracheMG ist offline
    I did too,I loved it,I think I was 12-13 back then

Seite 1 von 2 12 Letzte »