Home Risen Risen2 Risen3 Forum English Russian

Registrieren Hilfe Kalender Heutige Beiträge
Seite 1 von 2 12 Letzte »
Ergebnis 1 bis 20 von 22
  1. #1 Zitieren
    Abenteurer Avatar von Wild Yosemity
    Hi, I would like to ask if there is a way to increase/decrease font size in Risen.
    I'm interested in resizing font in subtitles region - NPC texts and answerbox.

Could you help me on that?
    Wild Yosemity ist offline

2. #2 Zitieren
    Legende Avatar von JFaron
    Zitat Zitat von Wild Yosemity Beitrag anzeigen
    Hi, I would like to ask if there is a way to increase/decrease font size in Risen.
    I'm interested in resizing font in subtitles region - NPC texts and answerbox.

Could you help me on that?
    I don't know a way for changing the font size, but you could change Risen's Font into a bigger one. Click here for the thread.

By the way: This tools change the font of Risen, not the one of the subtitles. It's possible, that some letters (for example the names and values of the items) are shown in the next row, and that is pretty ugly.
    JFaron ist offline

3. #3 Zitieren
    I know I can change font - as I did a mod for Polish version of the game (along with help of NicoDE) which adds original Quorum Md BT font for Polish version (instead of Arial).
    What I want to do is to enlarge font just for Subtitles/Dialogues.
    In every other sections - tips, focus, inventory, quickbar, etc - font should have the very same size as it has in default.

In compiled_fonts.bin there are some infos that suggest it is possible:
    FNT_NUMBERS.xfnt FNT_LARGE.xfnt FNT_SUBTITLE.xfnt FNT_MENU.xfnt FNT_SMALL.xfnt FNT_SMALL_SHADOW.xfnt FNT_MEDIUM.xfnt FNT_FOCUS.xfnt

Unfortunately I am unable to encode BIN to "readable" format to check if I could change parameters for specific XFNT.

4. #4 Zitieren
    Mod-Starter Project  Avatar von LordOfWAR
    I know I can change font - as I did a mod for Polish version of the game (along with help of NicoDE) which adds original Quorum Md BT font for Polish version (instead of Arial).
    What I want to do is to enlarge font just for Subtitles/Dialogues.
    In every other sections - tips, focus, inventory, quickbar, etc - font should have the very same size as it has in default.

In compiled_fonts.bin there are some infos that suggest it is possible:
    FNT_NUMBERS.xfnt FNT_LARGE.xfnt FNT_SUBTITLE.xfnt FNT_MENU.xfnt FNT_SMALL.xfnt FNT_SMALL_SHADOW.xfnt FNT_MEDIUM.xfnt FNT_FOCUS.xfnt

Unfortunately I am unable to encode BIN to "readable" format to check if I could change parameters for specific XFNT.
    You can use script library (by NicoDE) to export/compile Risen infos - [tool] Compile/Export document archives (Script_Library) .
    #Stand With Ukraine
    LordOfWAR ist offline

5. #5 Zitieren
    research Avatar von NicoDE
    • save the mountlist_packed.ini in /bin/
    • create the directory /data/raw/gui2/
    • save the Script_Library.dll in /bin/scripts/
    • run the game, enable devmode (minsky), and open the console
    • execute
      Code:
      library export fonts
    • ...wait, close the game, and have a look at /data/raw/...

Note: untested, because currently I have neither Windows nor Risen installed yet.

ps: just modify the raw files and start Risen to compile/build new BINs (output directory has to exist).
    NicoDE ist offline

6. #6 Zitieren
    Thank you both!
    I will try that and come back with results next week :-)

7. #7 Zitieren
    research Avatar von NicoDE
    You also might have a look at the GUI that refers to the fonts:
    Code:
    library export windows
    It should be possible to add new fonts by just creating additional *.xfnt files in /data/raw/gui2/fonts/.

Good luck,
    Nico
    NicoDE ist offline

8. #8 Zitieren
    Schwertmeister Avatar von CzarnyAfgan
    Some time ago I found some great looking font: Neverwinter Font
    http://www.dafont.com/neverwinter.font

I did my best to fit it, but still it's too small and barely visible in Risen. Wild Yosemity- Can you try to make it fit into game?

Greetings.
    CzarnyAfgan ist offline

9. #9 Zitieren

10. #10 Zitieren
    Great! Thanks.
    CzarnyAfgan ist offline

11. #11 Zitieren
    I did short test yesterday evening.
    You NWN font is not really good one.

Capital letters have ornaments that are cut in some places - larger text boxed would be needed (additional modification).
    Small letters are small indeed.

When I set larger sizes Capital letters were too big and small, well... still not large enough.

Also metrics/kerneling in that font causes other problems - this is because of Capital letters and their ornaments - interlines between lines are quite wide what results in leakage/bleedings, etc.

First of all you would have to edit whole font (e.g. FontLab Studio) and revise all Capital letters and then set new metrics and kerneling.
    After that you we could start work on implementing font into Risen.

12. #12 Zitieren
    I did short test yesterday evening.
    You NWN font is not really good one.

Capital letters have ornaments that are cut in some places - larger text boxed would be needed (additional modification).
    Small letters are small indeed.

When I set larger sizes Capital letters were too big and small, well... still not large enough.

Also metrics/kerneling in that font causes other problems - this is because of Capital letters and their ornaments - interlines between lines are quite wide what results in leakage/bleedings, etc.

First of all you would have to edit whole font (e.g. FontLab Studio) and revise all Capital letters and then set new metrics and kerneling.
    After that you we could start work on implementing font into Risen.
    I'd love to see Knight's Quest, AvQuest or Dark11 in Risen. Is this possible?

edit: I could use a tool, but I'm thinking about changing the focus and item names only. Is that possible?
    JFaron ist offline

13. #13 Zitieren
    It seems possible to change only Focus font but... I would have to check that first before making statement.

Edit: What language version of the game you have? Asking because all 3 listed fonts do not support e.g. Polish special chars. In order to make it OK for PL version adding missing glyphs would be necessary.
    Wild Yosemity ist offline Geändert von Wild Yosemity (22.02.2012 um 14:30 Uhr)

14. #14 Zitieren
    It seems possible to change only Focus font but... I would have to check that first before making statement.

Edit: What language version of the game you have? Asking because all 3 listed fonts do not support e.g. Polish special chars. In order to make it OK for PL version adding missing glyphs would be necessary.
    I'm playing on German. Of course it would be nice to see Polish special chars in the fonts/ game, but is it so important?
    JFaron ist offline

15. #15 Zitieren
    @JFaron - Here you go:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/x3m774

Please remember that new PAK extension should be the highest, but next to previous highest.
    If you have gui2.p03, please rename mine to gui2.p04 (but not to gui2.p05), etc.

16. #16 Zitieren
    @JFaron - Here you go:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/x3m774

Please remember that new PAK extension should be the highest, but next to previous highest.
    If you have gui2.p03, please rename mine to gui2.p04 (but not to gui2.p05), etc.
    Thank you, Yosemity I'll test it.

JFaron

edit: I don't know why, but it doesn't work. I guess it's because my Risen is very *modified*. Maybe I'm going to play Risen again a short time before the release of R2, then I will try this mod. I'm gonna bookmark this.
    JFaron ist offline Geändert von JFaron (22.02.2012 um 21:22 Uhr)

17. #17 Zitieren

18. #18 Zitieren
    Is that the Diablo font?
    CzarnyAfgan ist offline

19. #19 Zitieren
    This is AvQest font - 1 of 3 that JFaron wanted to see in game as Focus and Item names.

20. #20 Zitieren
    That looks so awesome. Thanks!
    JFaron ist offline

Seite 1 von 2 12 Letzte »