Home Gothic Gothic II Gothic 3 Gothic 4 Downloads Forums

Ergebnis 1 bis 7 von 7
  1. Beiträge anzeigen #1
    Apprentice

Padrino ist offline

Can you get +20 strength if praying at Innos shrines as a paladin?

The question is in the thread title. Some people say you can and some you cannot.

2. Beiträge anzeigen #2
    Waldläufer Avatar von Cseppentoe

Cseppentoe ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Padrino Beitrag anzeigen
    The question is in the thread title. Some people say you can and some you cannot.
    Salutes and greetings to you, Padrino,

I say, you can get +20 strenght by praying as a paladin, because Innos will grant you +2 dexterity or +2 strenght or +4 mana or +8 hit points by chance up to 10 times at a shrine.
    Please note, that I never tryed it myself; I got my information from mondgesaenge.de and translated it into English.

Untill we meet again
    Cseppentoe
    Geändert von Cseppentoe (09.03.2012 um 18:58 Uhr) Grund: quotation added

3. Beiträge anzeigen #3
    Dreigestirn Avatar von Arkain

Arkain ist offline
    You can. Praying is possible about ten times, the outcome depends on what you currently are though. Paladins are the only ones to get either +2 strength or dexterity (or life, possibly also mana though I'm not sure about that last one). Thus if you have enough patience you can pray ten times and reload if your strength isn't increased. Keep in mind though that you must be a paladin, not a member of the militia.

4. Beiträge anzeigen #4
    Apprentice

Padrino ist offline
    Thanks!

Though every strength guide that i read (even a one in German) stated that it is either 10 str 10 dex or 20 mana.

5. Beiträge anzeigen #5
    Local Hero

Cyclops1953 ist offline
    translation from the linked site:

How can I pray?
    Innosschreinen worship is very simple. You take the shrine in the Focus and press * Use the - button *. Now you kneel and you have a choice how much you want to donate (100, 50, 10 or 0 gold). * Key to get up again - after you've donated, you can use the * END.
    Pray at shrines Innos (100 gold, only once a day) is very often possible:

- As a guild less 10 times +1 strength, +1 skill 10 times, 20 times +1 mana, then always hit points +10 (Version 2.6 only still lives +3 points)
    - As a mage: 20 times +1 mana, then always hit points +10 (Version 2.6 only still lives +3 points)
    - As a mercenary / dragon hunters: +1 strength 10 times, 10 times +1 skills, +10 life after that point (from version 2.6 only +3 life points)
    - As a militia / paladin: 10 times +1 dexterity, +1 strength 10 times, 20 times +1 mana, then just hit points +10 (Version 2.6 only have +3 Health) (random).

BUT ATTENTION! You donate several times a day, you get no further permanent increases.
    Pray on the first game day is not worthwhile because you get nothing for a donation (applies also for praying at Beliarschrein).

There is no mention of any extra points for paladin, also only 1 point per day not 2 as Cseppentoe and Arkain indicate in their posts.

6. Beiträge anzeigen #6
    Waldläufer Avatar von Cseppentoe

Cseppentoe ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Padrino Beitrag anzeigen
    Thanks!

Though every strength guide that i read (even a one in German) stated that it is either 10 str 10 dex or 20 mana.
    Zitat Zitat von Cyclops1953 Beitrag anzeigen
    translation from the linked site:

How can I pray?
    Innosschreinen worship is very simple. You take the shrine in the Focus and press * Use the - button *. Now you kneel and you have a choice how much you want to donate (100, 50, 10 or 0 gold). * Key to get up again - after you've donated, you can use the * END.
    Pray at shrines Innos (100 gold, only once a day) is very often possible:

- As a guild less 10 times +1 strength, +1 skill 10 times, 20 times +1 mana, then always hit points +10 (Version 2.6 only still lives +3 points)
    - As a mage: 20 times +1 mana, then always hit points +10 (Version 2.6 only still lives +3 points)
    - As a mercenary / dragon hunters: +1 strength 10 times, 10 times +1 skills, +10 life after that point (from version 2.6 only +3 life points)
    - As a militia / paladin: 10 times +1 dexterity, +1 strength 10 times, 20 times +1 mana, then just hit points +10 (Version 2.6 only have +3 Health) (random).

BUT ATTENTION! You donate several times a day, you get no further permanent increases.
    Pray on the first game day is not worthwhile because you get nothing for a donation (applies also for praying at Beliarschrein).

There is no mention of any extra points for paladin, also only 1 point per day not 2 as Cseppentoe and Arkain indicate in their posts.
    Salutes and greetings to all of you,

I am glad I could help, Padrino.

Your information, Cyclops1953, is as correct as mine. You refered to the praying system, which is used in Night of the raven. I refered to the blessings in the original version of Gothic 2, which I prefer. If you check the description of the Gothic 2 database (Gegenstandsbenutzung >> 7. Beten) you will see, that Arkain and I quoted the right code of practice.

Untill we meet again
    Cseppentoe
    Geändert von Cseppentoe (09.03.2012 um 18:59 Uhr)

7. Beiträge anzeigen #7
    Local Hero

Cyclops1953 ist offline
    So the correct answer is,yes if you are playing original game,and no if you are plating Notr.

Note:OP did not say which version he was playing.