Home Gothic Gothic II Gothic 3 Gothic 4 Downloads Forums

Ergebnis 1 bis 14 von 14
  1. Beiträge anzeigen #1
    Apprentice

Mik1984 ist offline

Wine and mana potions?

Is there any place in the Gothic 3 world you can find abundant wine? It seems like a total pain, that more than half way into the game not using any of them, I collected only 25 bottles of wine. How are you supposed to brew the mana potions when you can't brew wine?

2. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #2
    Demigod Avatar von Bastardo

Bastardo ist offline
    In my experience the only semi-reliable way to get a stock of wine is to buy all of it from every trader and alchemist you come across. If you want more, I think you can loot wine from orcs and ogres.

3. Beiträge anzeigen #3
    Apprentice

Mik1984 ist offline
    The alternative balance should have added either a way to brew wine or make wine a component for creating 2-3 mana potions...

4. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #4
    Demigod Avatar von Bastardo

Bastardo ist offline
    I'm sorry, I was talking about normal Gothic 3.

5. Beiträge anzeigen #5
    Ranger Avatar von guru666

guru666 ist offline
    lol, never have problem with mana potions as a mage, try to buy every wine from merchants and try to learn or at least 900+ mana or mana regeneration as soon as possible.

6. Beiträge anzeigen #6
    Apprentice

Mik1984 ist offline
    With Alternative Balance it ain't that easy, levels cost more xp, skills cost more LP and don't forget the FIRST thing you need to do in gothic 3 is to get at least 500 health and stop insta-dying all the time. Furthermore even as a mage you need some basic hunting skills to loot the animals and some basic melee skills, secondly because you can't be a mage from the beginning, you will need to use those bow/melee skills until you develop enough XP to be an effective mage.

7. Beiträge anzeigen #7

guru666 ist offline

I don't know on what difficulty you play, when I was playing on medium difficulty with AB and A.I. on as a mage the first thing I learned it was the learn fast skill (50 ancient knowledge) , (necessary to learn fireball ,ice lance, lightning bolt), after that I learned to skin animals ,take trophies ,take predators skin and of course to learn silent hunter to learn the skills and hunting skill to 130. (about 40LP, -a few if you make quest that gives U permanent +1 Hunting skill, or eat the goblin berries you found), then I learned to brew mana potions, and learned to 30 thiefing skill to learn "open difficult chest" (25LP ), after that I learned mana to 900 then I started to learn ancient knowledge and learned mana regeneration. I never learned hitpoints there's the divine ring in Gotha (+50HP), if you have learned ice lance and have enough mana to cast the spell you shouldnt have problem to kill 4-5 enemies at a time to freeze him and again and again. It's not easy in early game as a mage but in the end as a mage is quite easy (OP).

8. Beiträge anzeigen #8

guru666 ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Mik1984 Beitrag anzeigen
    With Alternative Balance it ain't that easy, levels cost more xp, skills cost more LP .
    With A.B. levels needs the same XP!!!
    Some of the skills cost more but some of them cost less LP to learn!!!

9. Beiträge anzeigen #9
    Apprentice

Mik1984 ist offline
    No, with AB only the first level up costs 10 000XP, the second level up costs 10 250 XP, the third 10 500XP, by the time you get to 40 level ups start to cost over 20k XP, that is a considerable difference over standard were levels used to cost 10k XP each. Furthermore AK books, tablets and so on give you only +3 AK each, not +5, the same with alchemy. And some skills have been lowered to cost 3 or 4 LP to learn, but most have been increased to 10, 20 or even 25 LP, as well as many of them have higher pre-requirements to learn. Skills cost per average more to learn.

10. Beiträge anzeigen #10

guru666 ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Mik1984 Beitrag anzeigen
    No, with AB only the first level up costs 10 000XP, the second level up costs 10 250 XP, the third 10 500XP, by the time you get to 40 level ups start to cost over 20k XP, that is a considerable difference over standard were levels used to cost 10k XP each. Furthermore AK books, tablets and so on give you only +3 AK each, not +5, the same with alchemy. And some skills have been lowered to cost 3 or 4 LP to learn, but most have been increased to 10, 20 or even 25 LP, as well as many of them have higher pre-requirements to learn. Skills cost per average more to learn.
    Now rly I don't know what are you talking about, in Gothic 3 with AB and AI on you start with 0 XP, and to reach lvl 1 u need 500 xp then 1500, 3000, and so on, !!previous lvl +500 xp!!. I don't know what Gothic do u play..

11. Beiträge anzeigen #11
    Ehrengarde

Dimus ist offline
    @ Mik1984:
    Can you answer on a simple question: what the f***ing mod for G3 you have installed to get insane XP quantity for the level up?

12. Beiträge anzeigen #12
    Apprentice

Mik1984 ist offline
    Really? I'm playing vanilla with CP 1.74... Not even a pirate copy...

13. Beiträge anzeigen #13
    Apprentice

Mik1984 ist offline
    Yeah, you are right, I got it wrong.

14. Beiträge anzeigen #14
    Apprentice

Mik1984 ist offline
    Guys, I know why I didn't have enough wines.... i wasted them on preparing the "gulasz".... ain't worth to sacrifice a wine to make two +20% beefs into two +40% gulasz.