Home Gothic Gothic II Gothic 3 Gothic 4 Downloads Forums

Ergebnis 1 bis 7 von 7
  1. Beiträge anzeigen #1
    Rookie

pavelek ist offline

[G1] Serious problem with changing scripts.

I have one problem, which I can´t fix, even that I´ve been searching for answers 10 hours on the net, but can´t find it out ! So... I have tried to change my pc_hero.d script.. and successfully I´ve changed his head and body models and they are same as the templar Gor Na Drak in the game. Just I got it right and tried to launch gothic by gothic mod starter and clicked on the reparse all script box and I´ve realy had my dream character in my game ...it was perfect, but I had too many times played normal gothic and I just installed mod Dark Mysteries and Golden Mod to try it out in those , but when I select reparse all scripts in those mose an error will occur ... So I cant reparse that script to have my new hero look....I´ve tried almost all metods on the net, but nothing worked... Of cource I have installed Player Kit 1.08k, Develop. kit. and those mods, and I tried even to copy new english scripts in those folders, but nothing has changed... I can reparse all script in normal Gothic game, but not in those mods and that real bother me ! Can someone give advice ? I really don´t know what to do..

PS: And sorry for my English !!! xD

2. Beiträge anzeigen #2
    Rookie

pavelek ist offline

This is my hero look I have two links so try out both if one is bad

http://img408.imageshack.us/img408/5461/templarskin.png

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...mplarskin.png/

As you all can see I really done it by myself, but reparse all scripts works only on gothic, but not on those mods ... everytime I select reparse all scripts on mod, this Error-Message will occur:

U:PAR: Source-File SYSTEN\SFX.SRC not found. ( line 0 ) ....

3. Beiträge anzeigen #3
    Rookie

pavelek ist offline

Question [G1] Serious problem with changing scripts.

I tried to reparse all scripts only on Dark Mysteries and Golden Mod, but I think that It doesnt matter what mod it is... Something bad I can´t find ... and again: Sorry for my english xD

4. Beiträge anzeigen #4
    Deus Avatar von WernerTWC

WernerTWC ist offline
    The mods come as a package, they are called vdfs-archives, the ending is *.mod.
    You can imagine them as zip-archives, if you load a mod, the whole packed archive (mod) will be loaded, so the pc-hero from that archive will be used, not yours.
    What will be reparsed is in your "_work" folder, since the scripts from those mods are not there, they will not be reparsed.

What you need are the whole mod unpacked as scripts, exchange in these unpacked scripts the pc_hero script with yours, reparse then and repack it as a mod.

Search in the tools folder for "GothicVDFS.exe", that should help to look at the mod-folder structur (maybe can unpack that??), ... sorry, long time ago I used that, hope it helps anyway to give a little push into the right direction, good luck!

5. Beiträge anzeigen #5
    Rookie

pavelek ist offline

Angry [G1] Serious problem with changing scripts.

Well I tried to open that .mod file and so I opened goldenmod_eng.mod, which I wanted to play, but there were only two files ! ...in scripts\_compiled there was gothic.dat and in scripts\content\Cutscenes was Ou.bin file, that was all, so I decided to backup my gothic.dat and ou.bin file for worse times and I extracted with the GothicVDFS these two files from the golden_eng.mod to the right folders and it was just overwritten those two files and when I start Gothicmodstarter and reparse all scripts on the mod, it was same as it was back then ...and when I just do clean start without the reparse all scripts there are really strange symbols and not text in dialogs.. ...so I loaded up my gothic.dat and ou.bin files back and I am there where I was back then ...so any other idea ? If yes... I really like to read the step by step tutorial how can I finally got my Pc_hero.d script in my Goldenmod. I can´t make it withount yours advices.

PS: Sorry for my english

6. Beiträge anzeigen #6
    Ehrengarde

Dimus ist offline
    @ pavelek:
    Do you wanna the step by step instruction? Well, look there:
    Spoiler:(zum lesen bitte Text markieren)
    1. With GothicVDFS tool unpack contents of a file Data\ModVDF\golden_eng.mod in a folder which is distinct from Gothic. Or you make a backup copies of original _work\Data\Scripts\_compiled\gothic.dat and _work\Data\Scripts\Content\Cutscene\ou.bin files and unpack its into default places with overwriting original ones.
    2. Decompile unpacked scripts. I prefer to use GothicSourcer tool instead of Spacer.
    3. Make your changes in decompiled scripts and compile them again.
    4. Copy recompiled scripts to the place of unpacked mod files.
    5. Make a backup copy of file Data\ModVDF\golden_eng.mod and with GothicVDFS tool pack recompiled scripts into Data\ModVDF\golden_eng.mod with overwriting original one. Don't forget to restore original gothic.dat and ou.bin files.
    6. Launch GothicStarter, select Golden Mod and begin a new game.

7. Beiträge anzeigen #7
    Rookie

pavelek ist offline

Thanks alot Dimus ! I didn´t knew what do to by the step 5. but later I undestanded that and I´ve just create new mod and overwrtitten that old and add my pc_hero.d script to that mod and it really works ! ..thanks alot guys !

WernerTWC, Dimus