Home Risen Risen2 Risen3 Forum English Russian

Registrieren Hilfe Kalender Heutige Beiträge
Ergebnis 1 bis 12 von 12
  1. #1 Zitieren
    Fighter Avatar von AshleyG
    oh boy long post, well at least read the orange part:

Okay so Gothic 1 and 2 were awesome, the G2 addon rocked so they try to do a little more of pirate stuff, I wonder what their next setting could be (I believe they'll continu releasing RPG's)?

Maybe they're bored with medieval fantasy, and their last games (risen and Gothic 3) are not as good as their first ones (no new ideas maybe, less interest, more routine etc...), I guess they enjoyed making a pirate game and It'll rock.
    What could they want to do next? A space rpg such as ME could be good but they will have competition from ME (or will people who love ME want more and play other games such as it?). Maybe it is better to use a setting no one else uses.
    How about:

-A zombie RPG? Sounds crazy but definitely be a big hit and do great in sales! And no one else has done that.
    -A futuristic RPG very different from star wars and ME (they can imagine something else-- only 2 race of sentients and only humans have space travel, or something like Doom world: the futur but not so far away and not so fantastic, yeah a RPG in Mars/moon colonisation setting would be GREAT, imagine a small bubble (hmmm reminds me of something...) with an unbreathable atmosphere outside...you wouls have to start developping the place and stuff, and be abble to see earth!)
    -something else? what do you think

I might try starting a poll about what next setting could be good. I think something exiting and which triggers the imagination without be too unreallistic such as colonisation of moon if well done (especially in the feeling-atmosphere department which IS PB's specialty) could most certainly be a huge hit and bring 10 times more fanatic fans that Gothic1 did (and no greedy Jowood to try taking advantage of that and screw things up). Imagine "Project Luna" (while looking for a name for the game depending on the story). What made Gothic a success was the atmosphere, feeling, and that it was (quite) realistic in the first 2/3 (you're no super hero, people are human etc).
    ps: Oh yeah and working on something new and fresh helps too.
    AshleyG ist offline

2. #2 Zitieren
    Knight Commander
    Zitat Zitat von AshleyG Beitrag anzeigen
    oh boy long post, well at least read the orange part:
    I wouldn't call this a long post - medium at most.

What could they want to do next?
    An RPG set in modern times? Could be an interesting setting - maybe you also have attributes, etc to govern your driving skills. But I wouldn't want it to be a shooter. Some ranged combat scenes but stick to melee for most of the combat. And make the game less about combat than other aspects.

I have never seen PB make a large city - in fact, maybe they could set the game in and around a modern village.

A space rpg such as ME could be good but they will have competition from ME (or will people who love ME want more and play other games such as it?). Maybe it is better to use a setting no one else uses.
    I hope not.

-A zombie RPG? Sounds crazy but definitely be a big hit and do great in sales! And no one else has done that.
    Dead Island was published by Deep Silver not so long ago.
    My skin for Opera Web Browser.[Bild: tOC_sig1.jpg]
    Nisarg ist offline

3. #3 Zitieren
    Oh yeah in modern time it would be good.
    So a colony on the moon would be good:

- Maybe only melee with the tools that are there (not a military structure)
    - People need food so they would be space farms and stuff
    - People have rebeled
    - Camp of original leaders
    - Camp of badasses
    - You can go to the limits of the colony and see the moon sand and landscape outside but wouldn't survive out there long
    - Maybe magic found on the moon from an ancient race (which could be the main enemie/boss or the boss would just be human)

realistic, modern, fresh/new. That would be cool
    AshleyG ist offline

4. #4 Zitieren
    Knight Commander
    You're either in the modern times OR you're on the moon. Not both.
    Nisarg ist offline

5. #5 Zitieren
    Sword Master Avatar von Mage Master
    Zitat Zitat von Nisarg Beitrag anzeigen
    An RPG set in modern times? Could be an interesting setting - maybe you also have attributes, etc to govern your driving skills. But I wouldn't want it to be a shooter. Some ranged combat scenes but stick to melee for most of the combat. And make the game less about combat than other aspects.
    I think something like power rangers would be more interesting, one or more secret organizations fighting each other, or some demonical beings from another dimension. And apart from your "epic fights" you have to manage your "other" life, sounds cheezy and like some of those TV series but I think it should be fine.

As for the original question, I'm guessing probably another pirate theme game, or something simular. I have a feeling that they won't be able do do everything they want in this setting with risen 2 so...

I don't really care what the setting will be as long as there is some sort magic or something "unreal".
    Mage Master ist offline

6. #6 Zitieren
    Demigod Avatar von Dino
    PB should either stick to what they do best, a.k.a Gothic 1 and 2 or go and do something completely different they never even got close to in the past. Either way I'm pretty sure they can pull it off, whichever path they took. I mean damn... they made gothic 1 and 2 so I don't see a reason why they'd fail.
    Dino ist offline

7. #7 Zitieren
    Knight Commander
    Zitat Zitat von Mage Master Beitrag anzeigen
    I think something like power rangers would be more interesting, one or more secret organizations fighting each other, or some demonical beings from another dimension. And apart from your "epic fights" you have to manage your "other" life, sounds cheezy and like some of those TV series but I think it should be fine.
    No, I was thinking of something more realistic than power rangers. Some weird magic would be nice but not donning odd costumes or something. Unless you want to infiltrate some cultist stronghold and must look like them to get in.
    Nisarg ist offline

8. #8 Zitieren
    Power Rangers? Well pb always had a comic touch, and their first games had that cartoon design a little... But god no! Magic but serious one, not too fantastic, something that fits the world I mean.

@Nisarg: Moon OR modern times? Why is that? I'm going to give you a few interesting facts:

- We are definitly able to colonize the moon and have been for over a decade.
    - Creating an atmosphere on the moon would only take 2-3 hours with bombs, 2-3 years with mining! (To protect from radiation and stuff like meteors from space. It's having an autonomous fully developped eco-system that would take like 400)
    - No one is living on the moon because why set up a multi-billion dollars operation to mine iron and stuff (+200 million dollars to travel and back if Arianne-5) while you can do it on earth for millions?

If we would find somekind of petrol (impossible) or gold (possible) or plutonium mine on the moon, the same day you would get anouncement of a plan to set up a base there....

I found all this stuff on google, if you're interested I've found a link to a pdf on nasa website they wrote to educate students, haven't read it yet, but it sounds interesting.
    http://www.nasa.gov/audience/foreduc...HEP_Lunar.html
    AshleyG ist offline Geändert von AshleyG (09.11.2011 um 08:37 Uhr)

9. #9 Zitieren
    Zitat Zitat von Nisarg Beitrag anzeigen
    Some weird magic would be nice but not donning odd costumes or something.
    I don't mean something that ridiculous, I'm talking about the general idea of power rangers, there being a secret organization that fights some sort of magical things. Not silk "armor" and giant robots, and... whatever else weird things were in power rangers.
    Mage Master ist offline

10. #10 Zitieren

Metasyntaktische Variable
    Zitat Zitat von Mage Master Beitrag anzeigen
    I don't mean something that ridiculous, I'm talking about the general idea of power rangers, there being a secret organization that fights some sort of magical things.
    So some sort of contemporary fantasy setting? Well, it would definitely be a challenge to create an intense atmosphere. But not a bad idea.

Feeling a bit masochistic and want to read more of my diatribes? Check out Foobar's Rantpage.

foobar erklärt die Welt der Informatik: Was ist ein Zeichensatz?Was ist die 32Bit-Grenze?Warum sind Speicheroptimierer Unsinn?Wie teste ich meinen RAM?Was ist HDR?Was ist Tesselation?Warum haben wir ein Urheberrecht?Partitionieren mit MBR oder GPT?Was hat es mit dem m.2-Format auf sich?Warum soll ich meine SSD nicht zum Anschlag befüllen?Wer hat an der MTU gedreht?UEFI oder BIOS Boot?Was muss man über Virenscanner wissen?Defragmentieren sinnvoll?Warum ist bei CCleaner & Co. Vorsicht angesagt?Was hat es mit 4Kn bei Festplatten auf sich?Was ist Bitrot?Was sind die historischen Hintergründe zur (nicht immer optimalen) Sicherheit von Windows?Wie kann ich Datenträger sicher löschen?Was muss ich bzgl. Smartphone-Sicherheit wissen?Warum sind Y-Kabel für USB oft keine gute Idee?Warum sind lange Passwörter besser als komplizierte?Wie funktionieren Tintenstrahldrucker-Düsen?Wie wähle ich eine Linux-Distribution für mich aus?Warum ist Linux sicherer als Windows?Sind statische Entladungen bei Elektronik wirklich ein Problem?Wie repariere ich meinen PC-Lüfter?Was ist die MBR-Lücke?Wie funktioniert eine Quarz-Uhr?Was macht der Init-Prozess unter Linux und wie schlimm ist SystemD?Mainboard-Batterie - wann wechseln?Smartphone ohne Google?
    foobar ist offline

11. #11 Zitieren
    Zitat Zitat von foobar Beitrag anzeigen
    So some sort of contemporary fantasy setting?
    You could say that.
    And I just remembered an anime I've watched which is a better example that power rangers... except probably nobody has ever heard of it. In any case, it's called "Fate Stay Night".
    Mage Master ist offline

12. #12 Zitieren
    Ranger Avatar von Heart Collector
    A steampunk, Victorian-era RPG could be fun. Mix it with supernatural elements out of Mary Shelley, H.P. Lovecraft, Bram Stoker, the Brothers Grimm and the like and you've got a pretty interesting setting IMO.
    Heart Collector ist offline