Home Gothic Gothic II Gothic 3 Gothic 4 Downloads Forums

Seite 1 von 5 12345 Letzte »
Ergebnis 1 bis 20 von 89
  1. Beiträge anzeigen #1
    Apprentice

watras ist offline

Gothic 5 - plot and storyline

Hi, being a huge fan of Gothic series (except Gothic 4 which I do not consider a real Gothic game) I write now some of my thoughts on the new Gothic game that will be made in the future. I don t know if this is the right place for posting this but I couldn t find a better one. I was reading soon some strange things on internet abaut Gothic 5 and aliens and elfs and some weird plot, I just hope it was a joke. First of all, excuse my english, learned it from internet, movies and awsome games like the ones I am writing abaut now.
    So, let s start with some very simple and elementary facts:

1 A Gothic game without nameless in it is not a Gothic game. Who is nameless? The one we all know, not some other character without name, young and handsome and whatever. We are all attached to him and bound to his destiny and curious to see what he ll be up to in the future.The same goes for his friends, they must be there with him and assist him in difficult moments.

2 Valey of mines. What abaut it? Whell, I don t see any reason for Valey of Mines to be excluded from a future gothic game. Not as a main aria, but, it must be in the game. Why? We spent great moments there, in Gothic 1 and 2, we know its history, we saw the transformations it has been through, in one word, it is a familiar place for the community and we will always enjoy coming back there for new adventures. I am sure that after the barrier is down and the orcs invaded the land from there, there are still manny interesting story to be told there. The same thing goes for other familiar places from past Gothics like Korinis and its surroundings. I assure you, the old players will not complain abaut bringing back these old places. We all know the roads, the shortcuts, the farms, the caves, everything in there, maybe better than our own town. And the new players also will not complain, because this will be new for them anyway So think abaut this also.

3 Few words abaut ending. Old school games end right after you defeat the big boss. Which is cool. But somehow I always felt sorry when this happened in Gothics and Risen. The world is beautifull, your friends, all the ppl you know, all the conections you have (all the unfinished secondary quests ) makes you feel that after you kill the big bad boss you want to come back in the world, talk with them, spend some time around, brag around a little … New dialogues, some gratitude from others, some new intrigues that will start the events for the next Gothic games. Think abaut this, will be cool. I just don t want that after I finish the game to load old savings to spend more time in the world before killing the last boss. Let us stay there and do nothing

4 Talking orcs? Whelll, as few as possible

5 Abaut the questing line, the community enjoyed most the Gothic 1 and 2 questing devellopment. The gothic 3 one was also very nice and cool, but I think it was missing a certain flow of events. More chain quests, events linked together. Gothic 5 should have as few as possible quests like go there kill 10 wolves, come back, get rewards, move on the next quests. Arcania had lots of those, pretty lame, we expect gr8 storyes , not WOW type quests to get exp. as fast as possible. No one played Gothic to get fast exp and upgrade armor and abilityes, we played for the story and feeling. I don t even know what level I had when I finished it…

6 The music added extremly much to the games. Kai did a wonderfull job there. I know he is taking care of Nevigo, his own project, but maybe he will be less busy next year and you can get a deal with him to compose at least few traks for Gothic 5. It will count very much for us. Tilman is a good composer also, he did good job for Arcania using some elements from old Gothics, but it was not the same. So, this was more like a wish, who knows ..

These are some basic things I will like to see in Gothic 5 and I have a feeling that most of Gothic community will agree with me. Now, I spent a lot of time thinking of a story line that will add something new while keeping the old Gothic tradition. I have an entire script in my mind, but I don t wana go that far for now, still I would be glad to share it some day. So I ll just stay to some basic thoughts abaut how I ll write my own Gothic 5 game. Fell free to laugh , I don t mind.

The beginning

In Gothic 5 nameless can t start from 0, without magic or combat knoledge, and dressed like a pesant. And we can t make him suffer a new amnesia and power loss after his last battle from Gothic 3. And we can t make him start again to build reputation with fire mages, water mages, mercenries, paladins, even pirates… in order to be accepted. All of them know and respect him pretty whell this far for what he did in the past, he is not an outsider anymore. Plus that your friends are very capable and brave and they all gained now higher positions in their orders. Milten is a high fire mage now, Lee consolidated his position , no mercenary dare to question his leadership now, Lares among watermages and the paladins also are very aware of his past actions. We can also add lord Andre as one of his friends for the future games. So, joining a faction should be now very smooth, a word from your friends, maybe some simple requests for help from them and it s done. But we all love the reputation gain game play in the past,( maybe not that much in G3 where you had to make rep over and over again in every new place) So, let s save the reputation part for a little later in the game, you ll see for what factions

First chain of events

Lots of rumors. Abaut a new island with an unknown location. Pirates heared abaut it in their travels, whell you know, pirate storyes, water mages being interested in archeology like usual, discovered some ancient texts abaut this island and its misteryes, mercenaries found out abaut this island by spying the others, and paladins and fire mages also became interested in this island according to an old prophecy. They all had different motivs for finding it, pirates, bandits and mercs for treasures, mages and paladins for its mystical mysteries. They don t know for sure what will be there, but it seems like the old tales talk abaut ancient temples, a bridge between this world and another worlds, where its inhabitants could communicate with the old gods directly. Storyes so far and rumors. There is a map to this island but it is scattered all over. And guess who will get absorbed into this search. Nameless ofc. And let the search begin with all the old gothic elements including exploring, investigations, infiltrations, ocasionally threats, lying, bribing and all the things nameless is good at.

Second chain of events

Let s come back to the reputation gain part of the game, I have a good place for it. And also, I have a good final boss, in fact 3, no need to invent new ones. They are already in the game. I give you Innos, Adanos and Belial. Gods and magic are not fairy tails and superstition in Gothic , they are very real so why not use this and get them involved in the chain of events. They are gods, but like other gods from different religions ( greec gods, christian gods, old north gods, you name it ) they are not perfect, they have their own human side with all its passions and ambitions alongside their wisdom and godly powers. They all are aware by the past actions of nameless, he is the mortal who defied destiny and gods plans. They all are watching him with great interess. And at one point in game they will all need his help in the mortals world where they can t intervine directly. And imagine the coolnes of making reputation directly for the big ones. Every one of them will contact you at one point and serve you a speech while you start proving to each of them playing your multiple rols untill the last moment when you ll have to choose in which one service you ll enter. They ll test you like hell, sending you to old and new places, maybe also in the past where you will be in the times of Gothic 1 and 2 (nostalgia, srry)

At this point the first and the second chain of events start to mix eachother , your quests for the fragments of the maps and informations abaut this new territory with the quests for the gods which are not just simple tests, but important tasks they need to perform in the mortals world.

New chain of events:

Finally, the location of the new island is discovered. Pirates, mercs, pladins with fire mages are starting to build and prepare their ships. Except water mages. When everything will be ready, according to the faction you joined at the start of the game you will travel by ship to this new island. When all will arrive on the new teritory, camps will be made, each faction with its own camp. And imagine the surprise when they ll discover the water mages already there, burried in studies among the temples and ruins they found there. They didn t need a ship because they discovered teleport stones that link the island with the main land, so from now nameless will be able to use them to travel. The camps will be: pirate camp where the bandits can be found also (they had a story together during the game), paladins and fire mages (always good friends), mercs and water mages also joined together in the same camp.

Xardas and his tower are already there ofc. He is playing his own cards like usual and on his first meating with namless, he will update him with new information. Also he will always be in the shadows counciling him from time to time. His role will grow in importance at the end of the game.

A new chapter starts, when everyone will start exploring the island and find out what is happening there. Namless will have his big part in this ofc. Here, he will finish the reputation games for one of the 3 gods and he will find out that the temples on this island are actually portals to the places, dimensions, (call it how you want) where gods live. We will have a hell like dimension where Belial rooms and a cool place not necessarily with water and fire where we have Adanos and Innos, which despite the fact that they are both “the good dudes” are not in the best relations. Or we can have 3 places for each of them. From now one, all the lines of events will bring you on their realms .

So what is the thing with the 3 goods, what are they up to?

A small cinematic at the start of game or added later as a dream or vision due to the smoke of too much weed or whatever can explain this. As I said b4, they are gods, but they are far from perfect. The story is simple, they are not gods of balance like good and evil, night and day, so on, they have their own ambitions and desire to control the world, but for the greater good they decided to share the world together putting an end to their differences. This happened long time in the past and since than Belial had time to prepare a new attempt against the others. No need to get into details now, there can be made lots of versions of their twisted conflicts and plots they set in motion.

From now on, your actions will prepare you for some epic battles where namless ( sometimes I use you instead of namless ) will stand as a champion for one of them and will gain acces to new items and powers fighting alongside the gods and their minions. Addanos and Innos can end up as ally in the end , or we can keep them as 3 enemies till the end, we can bring back the sleeper on Belial s side, manny ways to end the game are opened. In the end anyone can win. Xardas will have its part, balance to the world will be restord no matter which gods will win and, ofc, the defeated ones will not be killed, just banished and wekened. Because there will be a Gothic 6 where new shit will happen.

And one more thing, maybe the most important!: don t forget brothels, very very important!

I have a more detailed plot, but so far, I give you this story line. By Innos, if you like this, help me getting this read by the developpers, help me improuve this storyline or feel free to laugh Also, again, please excuse my english, I know it sux!

2. Beiträge anzeigen #2
    Just arrived Avatar von kingrobhar

kingrobhar ist offline
    i agree with u,
    i am eager to play gothic 5...

3. Beiträge anzeigen #3
    Demigod Avatar von Dino

Dino ist offline
    I appreciate all the work you did there and approve it, but as far as I'm concerned they should let the game die in piece. Just let go... forget about it.

4. Beiträge anzeigen #4
    Knight Avatar von Ariogaisus

Ariogaisus ist offline
    I agree with Dino. We should just let it rest in peace. Reste en paix. Arrivederci. Ruhe in Frieden. Odihneasca-se in pace.
    I hope my language skills weren't too bad.

5. Beiträge anzeigen #5
    Fighter

GeorgeK ist offline
    I just finished G4: Fall of Setarrif and feel that something is missing, i.e. the series just isn't complete. Am looking forward to G5!

6. Beiträge anzeigen #6
    Sword Master Avatar von Mage Master

Mage Master ist offline
    Well, I do want something to fulfill the feeling of "uncompletion" that G3 left me with but I think a whole new game may be a bit too much. And besides, I don't want another game to not be gothic.

7. Beiträge anzeigen #7
    General Avatar von KGS

KGS ist offline
    tl;dr

8. Beiträge anzeigen #8
    Apprentice

watras ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Ariogaisus Beitrag anzeigen
    I agree with Dino. We should just let it rest in peace. Reste en paix. Arrivederci. Ruhe in Frieden. Odihneasca-se in pace.
    I hope my language skills weren't too bad.
    I can t explain you why I am so bound to Gothic games. I can t explain this even to myself. I keep Gothics installed in my computer since years, just to log in and play different savings or just stay in Korrinis to hear the music and the town ppl whispering around while I do other things in my room. Sick, I know...

9. Beiträge anzeigen #9
    Adventurer Avatar von Feri

Feri ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von watras Beitrag anzeigen
    Sick, I know...
    Bah... It's not that bad. We are all keeping alive a game wich in my opinion is death becose of the horyble gothic3/4. But sometimes I listening the sect camp theme while I am smocking my waterpipe
    May the Sleeper aweken!

10. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #10
    Veteran Avatar von CrashMorraKan

CrashMorraKan ist offline
    Requiescat in Pace

11. Beiträge anzeigen #11
    Knight Avatar von Ariogaisus

Ariogaisus ist offline
    I already said Rest in peace in 5 different languages.

12. Beiträge anzeigen #12
    Ranger Avatar von Normarian

Normarian ist offline
    I agree totally with you. There are many stories that can still be told. Nameless hero is in he's "power of his years" if such an expression should exist in English, battle-scared, experienced man. Despite the apparent passing of years, nameless hero is still in his prime and has much fighting power left in him.
    For me the Gothic story continues from Xardas's ending and there are countless story possibilities. One must find the right imagination to do so.

13. Beiträge anzeigen #13
    Ranger Avatar von wolfgm

wolfgm ist offline
    @ watras: why don't you send your ideas to PB directly on mail, maybe they will think about it. I have sent few ideas about Risen to them and at least they will say "thanks".
    WE ARE LEGION!!!!!!!

Geändert von wolfgm (30.10.2011 um 11:15 Uhr)

14. Beiträge anzeigen #14
    Local Hero

andorian22 ist offline
    Slay, horribly, anyone suggesting let Gothic die!

I'd like to see another adventure like G2 set on
    another island somewhere near Khorinis, maybe
    the NH's birthplace?

15. Beiträge anzeigen #15
    Knight Commander

Nisarg ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von andorian22 Beitrag anzeigen
    maybe the NH's birthplace?
    Yes... why not give NH a proper name after all? And a proper history, complete with birthplace, parents' names, childhood crushes, criminal record, etc?

There's a reason why NH has no name. And why nothing is ever mentioned about his past. A Gothic with NH's name wouldn't be a Gothic.
    My skin for Opera Web Browser.[Bild: tOC_sig1.jpg]

16. Beiträge anzeigen #16
    Ranger Avatar von wolfgm

wolfgm ist offline
    I still vote for unknown land. And last Belijarov temple, because Gods will not be thrown out of world until there is a temple.
    WE ARE LEGION!!!!!!!

17. Beiträge anzeigen #17
    Demigod Avatar von Dino

Dino ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von andorian22 Beitrag anzeigen
    Slay, horribly, anyone suggesting let Gothic die!
    Oh really? And what exactly do you suggest should happen in the next gothic? It was already ruined enough by Arcadia(which is not bad for a game). What else can they do? It can only get worse and worse from this point on. Just let it be.

18. Beiträge anzeigen #18
    Veteran Avatar von Colton

Colton ist offline
    Sadly.. I gotta agree with Dino on this one..
    I LIKE TO KILL THINGS

19. Beiträge anzeigen #19
    Local Hero Avatar von DonPhoenix

DonPhoenix ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Dino Beitrag anzeigen
    Oh really? And what exactly do you suggest should happen in the next gothic? It was already ruined enough by Arcadia(which is not bad for a game). What else can they do? It can only get worse and worse from this point on. Just let it be.
    I'll support PB's decision, if they don't want to make another Gothic game, so be it.. if they want, I wish them good luck. I guess they're getting nearer to a moment when they'll have to decide about their future plans.
    I've had a really bad day and I have to relieve my tension. Hold still...

20. Beiträge anzeigen #20
    Apprentice

watras ist offline
    Tx for feedback, whell, it doesn t metter what happened in the past, a good story can always be told. It depends on the level of attention from the game makers. Arcania it doens t even metter, it was made by other dudes, it is a game like any other, not gothic, I am ignoring it completly. The rights for the next Gothic are back now at the original team so, I am hoping so much that after Risen 2 they ll start working on Gothic 5. I am replaying right now Gothic 3 with the latest comunity patch, what an awsome game it is! I strongly belive that more chapters can be made. I don t see our hero retired on a farm, getting married with Nadia from the brothel, making kids and live happily ever after. And even if he will do this, his friends will get into trouble again and he will have to get involved again Plus ther s always something wrong going on in that world.
    If it will be a bad or good game depends totally on them. And I don t think that the team that made a game like Risen can screw up. They are now more mature, learned and fixed all the past mistakes from Gothics. Let s be optimistic!
    And feel free to post things that you will like/don t like to see/experience in a future Gothic game.
    After all that s why I started this thread, to make sure that next game will not be a let down They ll surely check on the community ideas if they ll start making a new game.

Seite 1 von 5 12345 Letzte »