Home Gothic Gothic II Gothic 3 Gothic 4 Downloads Forums

Seite 2 von 5 « Erste 12345 Letzte »
Ergebnis 21 bis 40 von 89
  1. Beiträge anzeigen #21
    Local Hero

andorian22 ist offline
    Ok, just an adventure, along already known characters. Maybe set on
    an island (a la Risen), and just a romp with a good adventure, nothing groundbreaking, just to play Gothic again, dammit

2. Beiträge anzeigen #22
    Adventurer Avatar von Feri

Feri ist offline
    Well what we want doesn't realy maters to gamemakers. Today they make games for the broad audience. Tha average gamer may find gothic too dificult. Hell, I even read a critic by an experienced gamermagazin dude who sad he could not defeat the first wolf in gothic2 notr so he gave up In my oppinion Gothic 5 will never be made. They might do a remake after a couple of years let's say 10years. Maybe that game will be good. But the rpg market is full of popular titels and only we hardcore fans miss gothic. They not going to make another gothic to sadisfy some wierd guys who still play Gothic1-2 like me...

As for your story:

It's very well disegned and very gothic like. Keep up the good work. If I will be billionar I sure to make another gothic game based on the likes of the fans. But there is a very slim chance for that
    May the Sleeper aweken!

3. Beiträge anzeigen #23
    Local Hero Avatar von DonPhoenix

DonPhoenix ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Feri Beitrag anzeigen
    Well what we want doesn't realy maters to gamemakers. Today they make games for the broad audience. Tha average gamer may find gothic too dificult. Hell, I even read a critic by an experienced gamermagazin dude who sad he could not defeat the first wolf in gothic2 notr so he gave up In my oppinion Gothic 5 will never be made. They might do a remake after a couple of years let's say 10years. Maybe that game will be good. But the rpg market is full of popular titels and only we hardcore fans miss gothic. They not going to make another gothic to sadisfy some wierd guys who still play Gothic1-2 like me...
    Gothic IV* will be made either after Risen II or never ever again. I don't think that if PBs decided not to make another Gothic game after Risen II, they'd make it 10 years later.

Maybe PB will make another medieval fantasy game which will be a fair match with first two Gothics they made, but just maybe..
    I've had a really bad day and I have to relieve my tension. Hold still...

4. Beiträge anzeigen #24

Feri ist offline
    I think I never going to like new gothic games. My expectations are too high becose gothic is my favorit game. Maybe but just maybe I idolize gothic too much. But if they are going to make a gothic 5, I will play it. Maybe I will not be so disapointed with it like I was with Gothic3 and arcania... Bahhh Arcania
    May the Sleeper aweken!

5. Beiträge anzeigen #25
    Knight Avatar von Th13f

Th13f ist offline
    I'd go for a Gothic remake. And not just redo graphics.

Story would largely stay the same, but with today's technologies, we could have a bigger environment (say, G2 NOTR size).

Also, facial animations have gone a long way. Basically what I'd like to see is the same story from Gothic told in a more personal and more dramatic way.

And here's the cool part. Building on the idea of Gothic 1 where NH was who you wanted him to be, the entire story and how it is told could change based on your decisions and how would the NH and the colony react according to your decisions.

I'd also add more environments to the colony and while keeping the old layout, have some more extreme and breathtaking landscapes (ex: huge crevices, dense forrests, place New Camp atop an easy to defend and hard to reach mountain that would have you stare at a huge abyss in front of you and offer a view of the entire game world, with the Old Camp somewhere in the distance.)

Politics should play a much bigger role in the game. Like when the Old Mine caved in, there should be more turns of events like this. In G1 everyone had his own agenda and pursued his own interests, so in a Gothic remake we should see that expanded.

At some point towards the end of the game we should have a big battle somewhere (maybe depending on which faction you joined and what decisions you made during the game). NH was a powerful and pretty influential character in the VoM towards the end of G1, so we should see more of that in a remake.

These are just my 5 cents of what I'd like to see in a future Gothic. With the combat system from Risen (with added badass animations that get more badass as you improve skills) and the graphics engine from Risen 2, an expanded and personal version of the G1 story that appeals to players, breathtaking landscapes and an epic soundtrack like G3's, a Gothic remake would sell fairly well.

PS: Something else that devs ignore these days: scalability. Make graphics more scalable to run on a wider range of PCs. Make it a game that most PC users could run and add on top of it an aggressive marketing campaign (It must be on banners on the internet, on the TV and radio, in magazines, gaming websites, etc) and you get a blockbuster.

6. Beiträge anzeigen #26
    Local Hero Avatar von DonPhoenix

DonPhoenix ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Th13f Beitrag anzeigen
    I'd go for a Gothic remake.
    The only Gothic I'd agree to remake would be the third one. But Community Story Team is already working on polishing G3, so there's no need for remaking it.

Gothic 1 and Gothic 2 + notR are just fine, more than just fine.

My opinion.
    I've had a really bad day and I have to relieve my tension. Hold still...

7. Beiträge anzeigen #27
    Deus Avatar von Maladiq

Maladiq ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von wolfgm Beitrag anzeigen
    Belijarov
    Was ist das? I don't even...

@Thief: weren't you busy making some game?
    For the most recent Elex news, the new Piranha Bytes RPG, visit us at World of Elex!!!

8. Beiträge anzeigen #28
    Knight Avatar von Th13f

Th13f ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Maladiq Beitrag anzeigen
    Was ist das? I don't even...

@Thief: weren't you busy making some game?
    Empire of the Golden Phoenix is still a work in progress. I was just talking about the topic here.

9. Beiträge anzeigen #29
    Apprentice

watras ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Th13f Beitrag anzeigen
    PS: Something else that devs ignore these days: scalability. Make graphics more scalable to run on a wider range of PCs. Make it a game that most PC users could run and add on top of it an aggressive marketing campaign (It must be on banners on the internet, on the TV and radio, in magazines, gaming websites, etc) and you get a blockbuster.

Th13f, I am cheking now the game you are working on. Just heared abaut it from this topic, very cool project. Also your impressions abaut a future Gothic game are most welcomed. One day I would like to chat with you abaut your gaming experience and abaut the game you are making. And I see now that you are working also on a sequel for Gothic 2. You re the man!

Abaut Graphics, Gothic always needed lots of resources and wasn t very good optimized from the start. I see now that Risen was cool, I had no problems with it, while Gothic 5 was impossible to play on same computer. Still, it seems that not graphics made this game, Gothic 5 has best graphics and it is a disaster. If you ask me, I think that Gothic 3 graphic is cool enough, even Gothic 2. A Gothic game doesn t need extra mega super effects to be a good game, so they can make it more hardware friendly.

And abaut marketing again you are right. They made Elders Scrolls 5 and I am sure will be a succes. Why not make a G5 also and start a more aggresive campaign.

PS: Mult succes cu jocul tau, o sa urmaresc atent ce se intampla cu el, mi ar placea sa fiu un beta tester
    Geändert von watras (07.11.2011 um 21:17 Uhr)

10. Beiträge anzeigen #30
    Apprentice

watras ist offline
    If I will be billionar I sure to make another gothic game based on the likes of the fans. But there is a very slim chance for that
    Tell me abaut!

11. Beiträge anzeigen #31
    General Avatar von ICFabian

ICFabian ist offline
    The bad thing about continuing the game with the old hero lies in exactly what you've said. He's too strong, and you can only toss so many mental disorders and natural calamities at him. That's why having the same hero in G5 would be a poor decision.

Gothic is not Nameless. There, I've said it. Gothic is partly about Nameless, but it revolves just as much around Milten and Gorn and Lester and Diego and Xardas. You can have Nameless as a side character, provided you characterise him aptly and interestingly.

Nameless didn't have that much of a personality to begin with. We know nothing about him other than he's really nice and willing to do stuff for people, and he can be sarcastic at times and very violent at others. What about him makes Gothic Gothic? Not much, I reckon.

12. Beiträge anzeigen #32
    Apprentice

watras ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Faby Beitrag anzeigen
    The bad thing about continuing the game with the old hero lies in exactly what you've said. He's too strong, and you can only toss so many mental disorders and natural calamities at him. That's why having the same hero in G5 would be a poor decision.

Gothic is not Nameless. There, I've said it. Gothic is partly about Nameless, but it revolves just as much around Milten and Gorn and Lester and Diego and Xardas. You can have Nameless as a side character, provided you characterise him aptly and interestingly.

Nameless didn't have that much of a personality to begin with. We know nothing about him other than he's really nice and willing to do stuff for people, and he can be sarcastic at times and very violent at others. What about him makes Gothic Gothic? Not much, I reckon.
    Yes, you are right, it is abaut all of them. And we don t know much abaut nameless, not even his name But imagine Alien without Sigourney Weaver as Ripley. They killed her at the end of Alien 3 and they brought her back in Alien 4! As a clone! The movie was abaut aliens but they realized that she is needed badly in the movie. And it was a damn good movie! On the other hand, they made AVP with aliens and predators, but without the main characters from Alien and Predator. Not a good movie. We have also Arcania with other nameless and with other characters from past Gothics. Right from the start, b4 we knew how bad the game would turn, most of us had a feeling of "not a Gothic game". Keeping him, with the same look and the same voice actor I think is the best decision. Character development is important in games as much as in movies, ppl get attached to characters, it is a fact. At least, I know I do. A lot!

13. Beiträge anzeigen #33
    Hero Avatar von Tratos

Tratos ist offline
    ^Actually, that's not true. We knew from the start that there wasn't going to be a nameless in Arcania, yet the present day hate towards it didn't come until more recently. The first leaked vid, that was from a behind closed doors presentation - that one looked really good and most people were quite optimistic about the game. Things turned sour much later, because the devs removed from the game those things which really define Gothic as gothic: the atmosphere, the story, the skills and perks, the attention to detail and the emphasis on the trivial. All that was gone.

It's not about nameless.

14. Beiträge anzeigen #34
    Knight Commander

Nisarg ist offline
    I always felt that his personality was rather...inconsistent. His courage and his being sarcastic at times seem to be the only defining traits. But otherwise, you can't really say what he would or would not do in a given situation. He was rather rude at times to Quahodron but not to Pyrokar. And I imagined that he would have had something pretty strong to say when Pyrokar refused to participate in the reversal ritual due to Xardas, but no, I was quite disappointed.
    My skin for Opera Web Browser.[Bild: tOC_sig1.jpg]

15. Beiträge anzeigen #35

Feri ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von watras Beitrag anzeigen

PS: Mult succes cu jocul tau, o sa urmaresc atent ce se intampla cu el, mi ar placea sa fiu un beta tester

At least translate it please...
    May the Sleeper aweken!

16. Beiträge anzeigen #36
    Apprentice

watras ist offline
    At least translate it please...
    Srry, it is nth important, just a message for the one I was replaying to, he knows what it means

17. Beiträge anzeigen #37
    Hero Avatar von Tratos

Tratos ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von watras Beitrag anzeigen
    Srry, it is nth important, just a message for the one I was replaying to, he knows what it means
    But we don't. English only on these boards. No Romanian, them'se the rules.

18. Beiträge anzeigen #38
    Lehrling Avatar von Jack125698

Jack125698 ist offline
    Would love to see (if ever maded), Gothic 5
    Preferable, like the first 2 Gothic games
    I've played these games many times.

19. Beiträge anzeigen #39
    Demigod Avatar von Dino

Dino ist offline
    Last time I checked the lines "what's in it for me?" "weeeelll that depents" were almost always heard on every side quest.
    The perosnallity of the nameless hero as I see it is a selfish guy who does things only because there are direct benefits for himself. As you might remember in Gothic 1, one of his first lines regarding the plot was "I don't care I just want to get out of here". He didn't say "I want to help the others break down the barrier". The list can go on for quite long I hope you get my point.

Or maybe it's just me but I see him as a "mercenary" if you will, who does things only for himself.

20. Beiträge anzeigen #40
    General Avatar von ICFabian

ICFabian ist offline
    If that were so, he wouldn't be so self-righteous when killing Orc Shamans and dragons. And the "what's in it for me" branch of options is, well, optional. Every RPG has it.

Seite 2 von 5 « Erste 12345 Letzte »