Home Gothic Gothic II Gothic 3 Gothic 4 Downloads Forums

Ergebnis 1 bis 5 von 5
  1. Beiträge anzeigen #1
    Apprentice

Cairn ist offline

A question about the comparison between Gothic 3 and Forsaken Gods.

I've never played Forsaken Gods, but I have played Gothic 3, not all the way through, just up to a point where I'm not sure exactly what to do because I'm no where near strong enough to liberate an entire city, and there doesn't seem to be any more missions that I can currently accomplish at my current level.

At any rate, that's not what's important because right now I'm playing Gothic 2 NOTR and after I finish there, I'll move back to Gothic 3.

My question is this:

Is Forsaken Gods Gothic 3, but with the expansion or is it like a totally different game? I mean, if I play Gothic 3, then install Forsaken Gods, will I be playing the same game with an expansion attached or will I be playing separate game?

I mean, from playing Gothic 2, I realize that Gothic 2 and Gothic 2 with NOTR are indeed the same exact game, only one has the expansion attached while the other does not. However, having that expansion attached actually does change the Gothic 2 game a little because the leveling system changes a bit and according to one person, the enemies are much more powerful, i.e. every 30 skill points requires an additional LP per skill point for training purposes, a system that is different in regular Gothic 3. (And actually, I understand why they did this, because coming out of NOTR part of the game, one has leveled up like 5 or more times, and without the new leveling system, and more powerful enemies, one would be virtually invincible for the rest of the game, making it much too easy, and not forcing the player to find alternate routes where the player would normally have to do so.)

Anyhow, geez I really seem to go off on tangents, is Forsaken Gods pretty much like Gothic 2 NOTR where it's essentially the same exact game as Gothic 3 only with changes to keep the expansion portion of it from making Gothic 3 too easy after the expansion part is done, or is it actually a different game sold as a stand-alone expansion?

2. Beiträge anzeigen #2
    Ranger

Donkerman ist offline
    Unlike NOTR, Forsaken gods is a whole new game that takes place after the events of G3.

3. Beiträge anzeigen #3
    Apprentice

Cairn ist offline
    Ahh, thanks.

4. Beiträge anzeigen #4
    Knight Commander Avatar von TudoracheMG

TudoracheMG ist offline
    Some gameplay mechanics have also changed in FG
    For instance,you can dodge,and if you do not have any stamina at all,you are unable to attack

5. Beiträge anzeigen #5
    Hero Avatar von Tratos

Tratos ist offline
    ---> Moved to Gothic 3 Help Section.