Home Gothic Gothic II Gothic 3 Gothic 4 Downloads Forums

Ergebnis 1 bis 13 von 13
  1. Beiträge anzeigen #1
    Apprentice

gothicer4 ist offline

Question [Gothic II] Mob respawning / Vendor restocking.

Hi,

I've just started Gothic II (NotR), and I'm curious if anything affects respawning or restocking?

I know that in Gothic, monsters were in groups, that got added to on a chapter change (whether the original members were still alive or not), and that there were only a couple of instances where you had to kill a monster before receiving a quest, in order to force a respawn.

How does it work in Gothic II? Does every player have the same amount of exp in the world, or is it possible to do something "wrong"?

Also, what about the vendors? There are some useful items like lockpicks and scrolls - how do these restock? Are they multiplied at chapter change (like the ore in Gothic), or can I clean them out? And what about the very rare items, such as strength potions and King's sorrel, are they multiplied? Or do they, prehaps, only restock if the original has been bought?

Thanks.

2. Beiträge anzeigen #2
    Local Hero

andorian22 ist offline
    About the only thing I buy are the rare potions and arrows, who needs
    lockpicks?

As for respawning (in G2 classic anyway), clean out everything in the
    valley of mines in chap2 and when the dragon hunt begins
    there ain't anything there but the four lonely dragons

3. Beiträge anzeigen #3
    Knight Commander Avatar von TudoracheMG

TudoracheMG ist offline
    In the Valley of Mines,no additional orcs will spawn around the castle with each chapter unless you clear them in each chapter (making this a valuable,but difficult to obtain source of experience)
    As for the rare plants,no,they do not respawn.But certain NPCs drop goblin berries and dragonroots (paladins drop the first,whereas orc generals drop the second)
    The inventories of vendors change with every chapter

4. Beiträge anzeigen #4
    General Avatar von KGS

KGS ist offline
    also some merchants have an occasional permanent potion

5. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #5
    Demigod Avatar von Bastardo

Bastardo ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von gothicer4 Beitrag anzeigen
    How does it work in Gothic II? Does every player have the same amount of exp in the world, or is it possible to do something "wrong"?
    In my experience only a few juvenile monsters along the path to Khorinis at the beginning of the game disappear after you get inside the city and that's the only instance I can think of.
    And what about the very rare items, such as strength potions and King's sorrel, are they multiplied? Or do they, prehaps, only restock if the original has been bought?
    'Course not. You'll have to find and make your own rare stuff. Other than that you can visit vendors again in the next chapter hoping they have a couple more of whatever you're looking for.
    Geändert von Bastardo (14.10.2011 um 22:41 Uhr)

6. Beiträge anzeigen #6
    Apprentice

gothicer4 ist offline
    Okay, thanks.

So the vendors will always gain exactly the same items during a restock? Even if I miss someone with a strength potion, and they get another later in the game, they will then have 2?

And, if I clean them out of lockpicks or a certain spell scroll, they will still restock later?

I'm just a little wary after cleaning out merchants of ore in Gothic, chapter 1, and them never getting any more. Also, I did something seemingly inconsequential early on in Gothic II and lost at least one quest.

7. Beiträge anzeigen #7
    Fighter Avatar von SkullX

SkullX ist offline
    And some vendors for ex. if you buy all the arrows, next time you trade he'll got the arrows again to sell.
    If you even try to look the other way...

8. Beiträge anzeigen #8
    Hero Avatar von Tratos

Tratos ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von TudoracheMG Beitrag anzeigen
    In the Valley of Mines,no additional orcs will spawn around the castle with each chapter unless you clear them in each chapter (making this a valuable,but difficult to obtain source of experience)
    Yes, they do spawn in later chapters, even if you didn't clean them out in ch2.

Also, ---> moved to Help Section.

9. Beiträge anzeigen #9
    Knight Commander Avatar von TudoracheMG

TudoracheMG ist offline
    I mean,no more will be added to the already existing horde (if you do clear the horde in CH2,they will respawn.Not sure if all of them though)

10. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #10
    veni, vidi, iuvi  Avatar von Thorwyn

Thorwyn ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von TudoracheMG Beitrag anzeigen
    I mean,no more will be added to the already existing horde (if you do clear the horde in CH2,they will respawn.Not sure if all of them though)
    No, Tratos is right. In chapter 2 there are 50 warriors, 12 shamans, 16 elites and 9 wargs around the castle. In chapter 4 there will always spawn 25 warriors, 3 shamans, 22 elites and 24 wargs, even if you didn’t kill a single orc in the chapters before. There are no respawns at all in the game, only additional monsters appear.
    (Detailed lists and maps of all spawns and monsters can be found in this post in the German help section:
    Karte = map; Kapitel = chapter)

11. Beiträge anzeigen #11
    Local Hero

andorian22 ist offline
    I must of cleared monsters and orcs out in the dragonhunt and killed
    the first dragon and came back thinking more would
    respawn

It's amusing hearing the npcs in the valley talking
    about how the castle is besieged by orcs, when you
    know every one of them is gone to the great orcland
    underworld

12. Beiträge anzeigen #12
    Apprentice

gothicer4 ist offline
    So, it's basically the same as Gothic - for 99% of the monsters, nothing I do will have any effect and the tiny amount of respawns (if there are any) will be related to quests, that I won't spoil on my 1st playthrough.

One last question: am I ever going to learn the ability to haggle, or otherwise increase item value? Because I don't think even drug addicts sell their possessions for 15% of their value.

Thanks.

13. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #13
    veni, vidi, iuvi  Avatar von Thorwyn

Thorwyn ist offline
    One last question: am I ever going to learn the ability to haggle, or otherwise increase item value? Because I don't think even drug addicts sell their possessions for 15% of their value.
    No, there are only few merchants who pay more gold for certain items, e. g. Bosper for furs or Harad for some swords (if you are their apprentice), but most items can only be sold for 15% of the value.