Home Risen Risen2 Risen3 Forum English Russian

Registrieren Hilfe Kalender Heutige Beiträge
Seite 4 von 21 « Erste 123456781115 ... Letzte »
Ergebnis 61 bis 80 von 401
    Knight Commander
    Sometimes software just develop random problem, don't they?

I started up Drakensang 2 today morning and guess what - The graphics glitch once (some sort of pink flicker) and everything freezes after I load the save game. I have to restart the system using the power button because Windows doesn't respond to Alt-Tab or Ctrl-Alt-Delete either. After that, the graphics glitched and the system within a second of the main menu loading up. Oddly enough, both Football Manager 2011 (DX9c but no pixel shading I think, my brother plays that) and Gothic 2 (DX8.1) worked fine.

I tried Risen, it froze too, but not on the 2D menu but only after 3D rendering started. Then I felt that it was some sort of problem with Shader Model 3, and decided to reinstall DirectX 9.0c (not quite reinstall, but) and the GeForce drivers (the installer gives an option for a clean install) but that solved nothing. Then I decided to install Gothic 3 because I remembered that PB (bless them for this!) had included the option to choose between SM 1.4, 2.0 and 3.0.

Having tried G3 with 1.4 and 2.0 first and finding them working properly, I felt sure that there was a problem with SM 3.0. I tried G3 with SM 3.0 and oddly enough, it worked! I was quite astonished - what was it that caused SM 3.0 games dependent on newer versions of DX9c to freeze? Nothing it seems, because after that, both Drakensang and Risen worked properly again.

I'm still quite flabbergasted about the whole situation, but I certainly bless PB for having allowed us to switch Shader models in G3!
    My skin for Opera Web Browser.[Bild: tOC_sig1.jpg]
    Nisarg ist offline

Metasyntaktische Variable
    Maybe a simple overheating problem (SM3 games are usually newer and put more load on the video card). Have tried cleaning off the dust from the interior of the PC (especially the video card) with pressured air and checked if the fans are still working?
    foobar ist offline

Knight Commander
    It occurred again today. Again, it was fixed using the same steps as yesterday.
    I cleaned the card (and the rest of the mobo) but if it's a temperature problem, why would it be fixed every time I run G3 first with SM 1.4, then with SM 2.0 and finally with SM 3.0? Also, if the temperature is dangerously high, wouldn't the entire card also heat up? Whereas after forcibly powering off the system when it glitched today, I found the card itself was quite cool - only about 40 to 60 degrees centigrade.

EDIT: The glitch occurs again if I do not start playing an SM 3.0 game within a minute. After the time taken in which I posted the first part, it started glitching again.

Just to be sure about the temperature, I'm downloading NV system tools to monitor the temperature.
    Nisarg ist offline Geändert von Nisarg (02.12.2011 um 10:37 Uhr)

Deus Avatar von Maladiq
    @Nat: I like the new sig
    For the most recent Elex news, the new Piranha Bytes RPG, visit us at World of Elex!!!
    Maladiq ist offline

Knight Commander
    Zitat Zitat von Maladiq Beitrag anzeigen
    @Nat: I like the new sig
    Thanks!

Zitat Zitat von Nisarg Beitrag anzeigen
    Just to be sure about the temperature, I'm downloading NV system tools to monitor the temperature.
    Hmm, today, the glitch didn't occur when I tried to start Drakensang. Prior to starting Drakensang, I had the NV system tools start logging the temperature. Maybe it was a driver problem that was somehow 'fixed' by installing the system tools.

The temperature stays in the 50s during normal operation but peaks at 110 degrees Celsius in a 3 hour session of Drakensang. Also, the temperature drops sharply on my alt-tabbing out (about 10 degrees in 500 ms) and rises just as sharply on my alt-tabbing in. While playing, it would at first stay in the 90s, and slowly rise to the 100s and 110s.

---

My personal guess is the the NV control panel somehow messed up.
    Nisarg ist offline

Demigod Avatar von Dino
    You should either upgrade your case to one that allows more air flow, or keep the case(lid? xD) open. Overheating can be real nasty.
    Dino ist offline

Fighter Avatar von AshleyG
    Hmmm removing the dirt, changing the cpu's "paste stuff", should do the trick. It's do-able.
    +1 for xbox, once again...
    AshleyG ist offline

Knight Commander
    Being able to fix the stuff yourself: +1 for the PC.

Also, the card is definitely done for. I'll have to get it repaired or replaced. Looks like the temperature or bad voltage blew up a capacitor.

And yes, I do keep the lid of my case open to prevent overheating.
    Nisarg ist offline

Yeah but you don't need to fix the stuff on xbox . Ok let's not get into that. there's one thing I don't get with pc defenders: Games only work with windows! I mean crappy anoying windows! What's worse? Internet explorer? Ok maybe they tried to make things better with win7, but still it's only good for games and maybe societies that want a support.

Ow did you do some overclooking lol? that stuff happens when you play with your hardware. Ifnot, maybe it's just too old and has had a little too many crashes...
    AshleyG ist offline

Knight Commander
    Zitat Zitat von AshleyG Beitrag anzeigen
    Games only work with windows! I mean crappy anoying windows! What's worse? Internet explorer? Ok maybe they tried to make things better with win7, but still it's only good for games and maybe societies that want a support.
    No offence but I won't even pretend I understand what you said just there.
    Do you mean to say that Windows is only good for games?

Zitat Zitat von AshleyG Beitrag anzeigen
    Ow did you do some overclooking lol? that stuff happens when you play with your hardware. Ifnot, maybe it's just too old and has had a little too many crashes...
    I think it was factory overclocked but no, I didn't overclock it myself.
    Nisarg ist offline

Zitat Zitat von Nisarg Beitrag anzeigen
    No offence but I won't even pretend I understand what you said just there.
    Do you mean to say that Windows is only good for games?
    I supposed you are a computer geek if you defend the computer over the xbox, but it seems you're not (computer geeks rarely - never - like windows). I don't know what you do with your comp, but if you're not a computer expert, and still defend it over consoles, my question is: why???

--> to explain my post : windows is hated because it's difficult (terrible! non-convenient!) to fix stuff with it compared to other operating systems
    AshleyG ist offline

Knight Commander
    It's news to me that you actually have to be a computer geek to prefer a PC for gaming over a console. And as a computer geek you heartily dislike Windows and refuse to install it on your PC. But you can't play many DirectX based videogames (Yes, Wine doesn't always work) without Windows. Catch-22?

And here's why I defend it: Even with Windows hogging a sizeable chunk of resources, a PC with a halfway decent amount of RAM and a halfway decent processor by today's (late 2011) standards still greatly outperforms consoles, while also having tons of other features making it damn useful for tasks other than gaming.

And why do I use Windows? For the DirectX.

Also, PC games can potentially be modified by end users, and such modifications may improve the gameplay experience for you, depending on your tastes.
    Nisarg ist offline

General Avatar von ICFabian
    Just 1k posts, after so many months? Wow.
    ICFabian ist offline

Local Hero Avatar von DonPhoenix
    Zitat Zitat von Faby Beitrag anzeigen
    Just 1k posts, after so many months? Wow.
    It's the fact that PB lets us wait for news for too long, we lose interest, we've got nothing to discuss...damn, we need to find a troll somewhere. What about unbanning Calin?
    I've had a really bad day and I have to relieve my tension. Hold still...
    DonPhoenix ist offline

Dunno about losing interest -- I played Risen for a few hours after getting my PC and damn, it is the most boring game I have ever played, so in that regard I never had any interest to begin with. It's good as a continuation of Failthic 3, though.
    ICFabian ist offline

Knight Commander
    Risen is all right in the beginning - the bandit camp and the first time you're in the city. But I never went beyond that in my second playthrough and I don't plan on a third.

Heh, even the modding community has lost what little interest it had in Risen.
    Nisarg ist offline

Deus Avatar von Maladiq
    Dunno about losing interest -- I played Risen for a few hours after getting my PC and damn, it is the most boring game I have ever played, so in that regard I never had any interest to begin with. It's good as a continuation of Failthic 3, though.
    Don't mind him, guys, he kept telling me for 2 weeks on messenger how awesome Risen is and how he can't stop playing it.
    For the most recent Elex news, the new Piranha Bytes RPG, visit us at World of Elex!!!
    Maladiq ist offline

Now that is a gross exaggeration. It was merely once, when I was besotted and my gaming virginity had not been taken by Skyrim.
    ICFabian ist offline

Deus Avatar von Maladiq
    Now that is a gross exaggeration. It was merely once, when I was besotted and my gaming virginity had not been taken by Skyrim.
    Skyrim is an incredible game. But Risen 1 is not as bad as you said. I would call it a ... gross exaggeration. R1 is a really nice game. Nothing spectacular, but not half bad.

In other news, I just saw Rise of the Planet of the Apes. Not bad
    Maladiq ist offline

Hmmm Risen actually has a better story than Skyrim (short quests illogical things etc...). Skyrim is all shinny and great and stuff, but depending on what you're looking for, you can get a little disapointed...

Yeah Risen was... not what most of us hopped for. Risen 2 probably will (please let it be so - please no major disapointment)
    AshleyG ist offline

Seite 4 von 21 « Erste 123456781115 ... Letzte »