Home Gothic Gothic II Gothic 3 Gothic 4 Downloads Forums

Ergebnis 1 bis 14 von 14
  1. Beiträge anzeigen #1
    Ranger Avatar von Nigel52

Nigel52 ist offline

Unhappy Planning on getting a new computer and need help choosing a graphics card

Hey everyone,
    I know it's been a long time since I've posted. School, working for my uncle etc. Anyway, I've finally decided to dump my laptop in favor of a newer desktop. I was looking at putting one together, but can' decide what graphics card to get. Is an ATI Radeon HD 4200 a good one? I'd like to be able to play games like Skyrim on it when that comes out, but I couldn't really find anything that I understood on the 4200. Also, don any of the graphics card companies have an ill reputation for gaming? Thanks guys!
    Greater love hath no man than this, that he lay down his life for another.

2. Beiträge anzeigen #2
    Ranger Avatar von maledepecher

maledepecher ist offline

Zitat Zitat von Nigel52 Beitrag anzeigen
    Hey everyone,
    I know it's been a long time since I've posted. School, working for my uncle etc. Anyway, I've finally decided to dump my laptop in favor of a newer desktop. I was looking at putting one together, but can' decide what graphics card to get. Is an ATI Radeon HD 4200 a good one? I'd like to be able to play games like Skyrim on it when that comes out, but I couldn't really find anything that I understood on the 4200. Also, don any of the graphics card companies have an ill reputation for gaming? Thanks guys!
    The Ati Radeon HD 4200 is a crap video card and you can't play skirim with this card.
    If you want a video card to play The Witcher 2, Elder Scrolls V Skirim and future games choose AMD Radeon 6850 1GB DDR5 256bit.
    I have a Gigabyte AMD Radeon OC 6850 1GB DDR5 256bit with GPU820/Memory1050MHz and i can play all the games on MAX video setings.

3. Beiträge anzeigen #3

Nigel52 ist offline
    Okay, thanks. Won't get the 4200. So would this run most new games that will come out for a while?

Processor AMD Athlon(TM) X4 645 quad-core processor [3.1GHz, 2MB L2, up to 4000MHz bus]
    Memory 6GB DDR3-1066MHz SDRAM [2 DIMMs]
    Hard drive 1.5TB 7200 rpm SATA 3Gb/s hard drive
    Graphics card 1GB DDR3 NVIDIA GeForce GT520 [DVI, HDMI, VGA adapter]

Thanks for your help, I just need a little more of it. I could also get the step down from the graphics card you mentioned for about the same price, so if that one would be better please let me know.

4. Beiträge anzeigen #4

maledepecher ist offline
    Okay, thanks. Won't get the 4200. So would this run most new games that will come out for a while?

Processor AMD Athlon(TM) X4 645 quad-core processor [3.1GHz, 2MB L2, up to 4000MHz bus]
    Memory 6GB DDR3-1066MHz SDRAM [2 DIMMs]
    Hard drive 1.5TB 7200 rpm SATA 3Gb/s hard drive
    Graphics card 1GB DDR3 NVIDIA GeForce GT520 [DVI, HDMI, VGA adapter]

Thanks for your help, I just need a little more of it. I could also get the step down from the graphics card you mentioned for about the same price, so if that one would be better please let me know.
    That Video Card NVIDIA GeForce GT520 its a WEAK card you can't play Elder Scrolls V Skirim and new games that will come.
    AMD Athlon X4 645 is a good procesor and the memory and hard drive as well.
    So in conclusion AMD Radeon 6850 is much much better than this weak GeForce GT520.
    If you want, I could make you a very good configuration.

5. Beiträge anzeigen #5

Nigel52 ist offline
    Lol, that'd be great if you could tell me what a good configuration would be (trying to keep it as cheap as possible). Anyway, thanks alot for your help so far. It means a lot that people are this helpful on the forum.

6. Beiträge anzeigen #6
    Knight Commander

Nisarg ist offline
    I don't know if GeForce 480 GTX is more expensive than the 520GT, but if there isn't much difference, you're better off with the 480. For any GeForce card (series 100 and later), the first number indicates the series, and the second and third numbers indicate how powerful that is. A newer series has more auxiliary features than an older one, but for raw power you should go with higher second and third numbers.

The most powerful card in the 400 series is the GeForce 480GTX and the 520GT is a weaker card with more auxiliary features than the 480GTX. By auxiliary, I mean some stuff like more supported displays or some such features which don't really affect gameplay.

And yes, both cards support DX11 and OpenGL 4.
    My skin for Opera Web Browser.[Bild: tOC_sig1.jpg]

7. Beiträge anzeigen #7

Nigel52 ist offline
    Okay. That makes more sense now. So as far as gaming goes, are GeForce gards or AMD/ATI cards better, generally speaking (for the price, that is)?

8. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #8
    Fighter Avatar von Darth Crow

Darth Crow ist offline
    Seriously, I doubt that the HD4200 wouldn't run Skyrim. Of course, you couldn't run it on max details, but I'm expecting to run it even on my old Mobility HD3650. So far EVERY game I tried on it was playable at least on medium details.
    But it is the truth that it's not worth buying it now... that GeForce GTX480 sound good... or ATI HD6850. Even 5850 wouldn't be a waste of money yet (if you want to spare some money...)
    Brothers of Metal will always be there, standing together with hands in the air!

VIVA GOTHIC!

9. Beiträge anzeigen #9

Nigel52 ist offline
    I'll check the prices on the different cards. So basically the two are close performance-wise, right? Thanks again for your help guys.

10. Beiträge anzeigen #10

Nigel52 ist offline
    Dang. I checked the prices and the ATI HD6850 was much cheaper on amazon. Is the GTX480 that much better, or just overpriced? Also, I actually got a laptop that's the same as my old one from a friend that was broken, and my dad fixed it. Anyway, it is the same model but it ahs a better video card and more ram. It has a ATI X1300. How good is that? I mean, I can play games like Crysis Warhead on low-medium settings. Is the ATI HD6850 much better? Thanks guys!

11. Beiträge anzeigen #11
    Knight Avatar von Ariogaisus

Ariogaisus ist offline
    Shouldn't this be in the Peanuts section.

12. Beiträge anzeigen #12

Nigel52 ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Ariogaisus Beitrag anzeigen
    Shouldn't this be in the Peanuts section.
    Well, it's been long enough that I wasn' sure which I should put it in. I do need help, and it is sort of related to gothic. But yeah, you're probably right.

13. Beiträge anzeigen #13

maledepecher ist offline

X

Lol, that'd be great if you could tell me what a good configuration would be (trying to keep it as cheap as possible). Anyway, thanks alot for your help so far. It means a lot that people are this helpful on the forum.
    Here is my configuration of a powerfull computer that lets you play all the present games and future games.

Computer Case:Segotep Raynor G2A Silver
    Power Supply: Sirtec - High Power Element bronze 500W BR
    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-870A-USB3
    Procesor: AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition 3.20GHz skt AM3
    Cooler Procesor: Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro rev. 2
    Video Card: Gigabyte AMD Radeon HD 6850 OC 1GB DDR5 256-bit (GPU=820MHz/Memory=1050MHz)
    Memory: KingMax Nano Gaming RAM 4GB DDR3 1600MHz
    Hard Drive: Samsung 1 TB SATA-II 7200RPM 32MB rpm Spinpoint F3
    DVD-Writer: it doesn't matter what you choose
    These components should have a very good price.
    And AMD Radeon HD 6850 it has a very good price but its a powerfull video card and it doesn't consume much power.
    And now you must choose from were you want to buy because in some shops you can get very good prices.
    Now its up to you to take my advise or not.
    I hope this helps you.
    Good Luck.

14. Beiträge anzeigen #14

Nigel52 ist offline
    Armed with this knowledge, I shall make a super computer! Lol, I just have to get my dad to let me spend my money on it. That shouldn't be hard. Anyway, thanks alot for your help guys!