Home Gothic Gothic II Gothic 3 Gothic 4 Downloads Forums

Seite 2 von 2 « Erste 12
Ergebnis 21 bis 38 von 38
  1. Beiträge anzeigen #21
    Knight Commander Avatar von TudoracheMG

TudoracheMG ist offline
    You could learn the fire ball/lighting bolt spell,and then either take the fire mage or dark mage perks,which almost double your damage with fire/dark spells,and also make these types of spells last more

2. Beiträge anzeigen #22
    Ranger Avatar von Untouchable

Untouchable ist offline

So what's a good HP total to shoot for? I'm thinking of getting 200 in END, 400 or so in HP, and 300 in MP, before focusing on Ancient Learning so I can snag Mana Regen. Will that be enough in "consumable" stats? Too little? Too much?
    The biggest HP I had, was 3k... And it was a big relief, but of course your other skills will suffer, coz of the LP loss.

Oh, and re: new spells, any suggestions? I've got Ice Lance, Wave of Ice, and Lightning Bolt. I'm thinking of getting a Thief-friendly utility spell next; is Fog any good? Does it actually make you invisible? How about Bloodlust, for creating distractions? Or the old fashioned Sleep? And yeah, thanks, Tratos, for the heads up. I've already had some run-ins with the guards and their Psychic Thief Detection System. That's actually why I freed Cape Dun from the Orcs: they suspicion-caught me twice (got away with an Excuse the first time), and once the guards went all aggro on me, I figured, screw it! Revolution is ON! Hopefully whoever writes the history books will think of a more noble story to tell when they talk about how the Revolution started.
    Fog is pure shit, stay away.... Bloodlust is good, but you can't use it to control crowd... So I wouldn't recommend it to you. Go for Fire Rain, or Hail Storm.

3. Beiträge anzeigen #23
    Adventurer Avatar von doros

doros ist offline
    Bad news. Gorn has been captured by Space Monsters and replaced with a faulty holographic virtua-clone. How do I know this? Well, I found him just outside Gotha, in a hut, a "prisoner" of the Orcs. Or so the Space Monsters wanted me to think. See, they wanted me to "rescue" him, either by killing his Orc "captors", or by paying his "ransom". Killing the Orcs resulted in a quest failure for some reason, so I opted on paying the ransom, THEN killing the Orcs. That worked. Only after the battle, I noticed that Gorn was behaving strangely- no doubt his holographic AI membrane got damaged in the melee. Because now, he's stuck in a clipping loop!

The building he was held in looks like a lighthouse. He's standing on a tiny ledge of grass, next to the tower, stone still. If I talk to him, tell him he's free, he starts walking... in circles, around the tower. He walks around the tower, until he comes to a wall, whereupon he promptly clips through the wall and vanishes for five to ten seconds. He'll materialize on the roof, at which point he walks in a circle and falls through part of the rafters, disappears, and re-emerges through a stone wall, right where he started, on the tiny ledge of grass next to the tower. And so on and so forth.

How do I fix this behavior?!? I was thinking of shooting him in the face with a Headknock arrow, in hopes of breaking his loop (or at least his stupid face), but is there a better way to get Gorn unstuck?

Fog is pure shit, stay away.... Bloodlust is good, but you can't use it to control crowd... So I wouldn't recommend it to you. Go for Fire Rain, or Hail Storm.
    I got Fire Rain last night, but I can't find Hail Storm. Where do I learn it? Is it one of those Water Mages? Or a Druid, perhaps?

4. Beiträge anzeigen #24
    Fighter Avatar von AshleyG

AshleyG ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Dino Beitrag anzeigen
    Just an advice: don't play gothic 3. Or play it but don't expect anything in common with gothic 1 & 2 except the names of the characters.
    I'm with you on that one. There's something very different (and non-satisfying) with this game.
    I didn't read the first post, way too long (damn!), as most of posts here, sorry.

But I read a little. Yeah landscapes are pretty, Nordmar is a success, small but huge because of mountains, paths etc. I always got lost. the immersion was very good, it seemed authentic.

ps: skyrim won't be the same I think. (not as much a desert). Skyrim seems like a grassy - greeny plain, fertile and perfect for life with proliferation of animals and humans, but with snow on it...sad... I hope what we saw was only the part of the world close to Cyroodil .

5. Beiträge anzeigen #25

TudoracheMG ist offline
    I forgot to asko you have the community patch installed? That fixes many glitches and bugs

6. Beiträge anzeigen #26

doros ist offline
    ARRRGH, Markus died! I was in Vengard, slaying Orcs, and while I was off doing my thing some Orc shaman pwned him. The last pre-Markus dying save I've got is a full game day behind my current position, before I finished Vengard, so IMPORTANT QUESTION: is Markus important? I know he factors in to that Fire Chalice quest, but I THINK I looted the Chalice off his body when he died. Maybe. The "Bring the Fire Chalice to the King" quest completed fine after I reached Rhobar, so maybe I'm good?

P.S. Version is 1.73.
    Geändert von doros (27.09.2011 um 12:49 Uhr)

7. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #27
    Demigod Avatar von Bastardo

Bastardo ist offline
    Marcus gives you the chalice when you first meet him if you ask. You probably had it in your inventory all along. Besides, the fire chalices quest isn't mandatory.

8. Beiträge anzeigen #28
    Hero Avatar von Tratos

Tratos ist offline
    You won't be able to complete the next quest, after you collect all chalices.

9. Beiträge anzeigen #29

doros ist offline
    Oh, sweet Adanos, mana regen is BROKEN! I got it the other night, and wow, the difference is like Nordmar and Varant. I went from dying eight times per fight to clearing eight fights without a single scratch! You know, I think I WILL waste some LPs on Thievery now, because I feel so guilty for learning such an unbalanced skill.

Two more questions if I may:

1. Do I HAVE to give that guy in the Monastery my wolf morphing stone? I'd like to get my hands on his reward book, but I'd rather give him my Ripperbeast stone...

2. Should I let Lee kill King Rhobar now? That seems like a pivotal plot point, and I don't want to lock myself into (or out of) anything important just yet. I just got done speaking to Xardas, and he's told me to find some artifacts (I already have two...) and then come back to discuss which God we (he? I?) wants to win. I'm guessing that means I'll have to decide between Innos, Beliar, and an ancient-Varant-style Adanos smackdown, huh? But if I kill Rhobar, will Innos (and the rebels!) get pissed at me?

I'm going to kill him eventually, mind you. I'd just like to wait until the old fart has nothing more to offer.

10. Beiträge anzeigen #30
    banned

Assassin of Kings ist offline
    Not all rebels will get pissed at you if you kill Rhobar, only the rebels in Vengard will. My advice is to search for the other artifacts of Adanos and give them to Xardas first, and after that you'll have to kill Rhobar anyway and then you should help Lee.

And no, you won't have to decide which god will win. If you follow Xardas,
    Spoiler:(zum lesen bitte Text markieren)
    no god will win.

But you'll find that out after you give him the artifacts.

11. Beiträge anzeigen #31

doros ist offline
    Constipated Lizard? Did I seriously just kill a Constipated Lizard?! :O Awww man, I wish he wasn't needed for a quest. I would have totally tamed him and kept him as a pet. Poor Constipated Lizard...

So I'm pretty much done with Nordmar. The only quests I have left on my list are Liberate Nordmar (missing one of the camps; I think it might be one in that ravine that doesn't lead to the Hammer Clan mine) and Kill the Highland Deer, which I can't complete because the deer are AWOL. Oh, and the one about the Druid Stone at the monastery, because I'm not sure if I'll need all the stones yet. I've gone back to Myrtana and cleared all the settlements except for Trellis; once that's done, I'll see about going deeper into Varant (I've cleared Bakaresh and done a bunch of quests in Mora Sul, but the rest of the desert is still unexplored).

12. Beiträge anzeigen #32
    Sword Master Avatar von C-Hawk

C-Hawk ist offline
    You finished Nordmar before Varant

And as said: most of your posts are way too long.

btw: what are your HP, Mana, End now?

I think if you want to know more about what happened to the ship,
    look here and here. Community Story Project is making a mod for G3, just read the first post/page in the first link.
    Arcadia - A click and win tale

13. Beiträge anzeigen #33

doros ist offline
    Oh God, where did Kalan go?!? I just realized I was missing Ingvar's Ore Smelter questline, so I figured I'd knock that out right quick... only Kalan from the Fire Clan is nowhere to be found!

You finished Nordmar before Varant
    I finished Nordmar before Myrtana, in fact. All save the Deer Quest and this darn Find Kalan thing.

Also, what's up with the Improved Robes skill? I got my hands on the Robes of Adanos, and figured I'd take the Robes skill so I could wear it with minimal armor class loss. And then I saw what it actually DID, and it's like- my God. Who'd have thought that tightening a few straps would make a bathrobe as powerful as a suit of plate mail armor?!

The peasants must never know!

14. Beiträge anzeigen #34
    Hero Avatar von Tratos

Tratos ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von doros Beitrag anzeigen
    Oh God, where did Kalan go?!? I just realized I was missing Ingvar's Ore Smelter questline, so I figured I'd knock that out right quick... only Kalan from the Fire Clan is nowhere to be found!

I finished Nordmar before Myrtana, in fact. All save the Deer Quest and this darn Find Kalan thing.

Also, what's up with the Improved Robes skill? I got my hands on the Robes of Adanos, and figured I'd take the Robes skill so I could wear it with minimal armor class loss. And then I saw what it actually DID, and it's like- my God. Who'd have thought that tightening a few straps would make a bathrobe as powerful as a suit of plate mail armor?!

The peasants must never know!
    Mysterious are the ways of Gothic!

15. Beiträge anzeigen #35

TudoracheMG ist offline
    You're playing without the Alternative Balancing,right? With this option on,wearing the robes would have required you to have a lot of Ancient Knowledge

16. Beiträge anzeigen #36

doros ist offline
    No Alternative Balancing. It's my first time through so I figured I'd go for a Vanilla experience. Just how high are we talking here, though? I've got about 350 Ancient Knowledge at the moment, and I'm sitting on 40 LPs which I'm thinking of pumping into more AK.

Does AK affect spell power? I know it did earlier on in the game, but will a 400 AK Firestorm be significantly stronger than a 350 AK Firestorm?

P.S. Found Kalan in a ditch below the town. Dumb bastard got caught by the last Orcs left alive in Nordmar, go figure.

17. Beiträge anzeigen #37
    Hero Avatar von Tratos

Tratos ist offline
    Just how high are we talking here, though? I've got about 350 Ancient Knowledge at the moment
    Round abouts 300 with AB IIRC.

Does AK affect spell power? I know it did earlier on in the game, but will a 400 AK Firestorm be significantly stronger than a 350 AK Firestorm?
    It will be 50 pts stronger.

18. Beiträge anzeigen #38
    Hero Avatar von Tratos

Tratos ist offline
    --> Moved to Gothic 3 Help Section.

Seite 2 von 2 « Erste 12