Home Gothic Gothic II Gothic 3 Gothic 4 Downloads Forums

 
 
 

Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. View Forum Posts #1
    Knight Commander
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    2,421
     
    Petyamester is offline

    Access violation

    Hi! I just installed the 2.10 patch for my g2 gold. When I try to play the game it drops me out with the access violation window.
    I use Windows 7 64 bit and an Ati 5750 card.
    I tried windows xp comaptibility mode and running it as administrator too. None of them worked.
    Is there a solution for this?

    Edit 1: Ok, I made it to run in SP2 mode, but the game drops me out with the same access violation thing when I change resolution.

    Edit 2: I think it's the problem of the GPU. The game doesn't recognize it. In the video menu it says 'DirectDraw HAL' not 5750 and the game runs slow.
    Last edited by Petyamester; 19.08.2011 at 20:01.

  2. View Forum Posts #2
    General Korianous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    3,080
     
    Korianous is offline
    Quote Originally Posted by Petyamester View Post
    Hi! I just installed the 2.10 patch for my g2 gold. When I try to play the game it drops me out with the access violation window.
    I use Windows 7 64 bit and an Ati 5750 card.
    I tried windows xp comaptibility mode and running it as administrator too. None of them worked.
    Is there a solution for this?

    Edit 1: Ok, I made it to run in SP2 mode, but the game drops me out with the same access violation thing when I change resolution.

    Edit 2: I think it's the problem of the GPU. The game doesn't recognize it. In the video menu it says 'DirectDraw HAL' not 5750 and the game runs slow.
    Sounds like you've got the Nvidia workaround installed. If so, try removing those dlls and see if that fixes the issue.
    Ach Fry, Ich hab dich mehr als der Monde, die Sterne...das...fail.

  3. View Forum Posts #3
    Knight Commander
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    2,421
     
    Petyamester is offline
    Quote Originally Posted by Korianous View Post
    Sounds like you've got the Nvidia workaround installed. If so, try removing those dlls and see if that fixes the issue.
    Exactly which dlls are those?

  4. View Forum Posts #4
    Cat  Larisa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    8,521
     
    Larisa is offline
    Quote Originally Posted by Petyamester View Post
    Exactly which dlls are those?
    ddraw.dll, libwine.dll and wined3d.dll inside Gothic2\System

  5. View Forum Posts #5
    Knight Commander
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    2,421
     
    Petyamester is offline
    Quote Originally Posted by Larisa View Post
    ddraw.dll, libwine.dll and wined3d.dll inside Gothic2\System
    I deleted those and now the game doesn't even start.

    Edit: an HOUR later the game really started and everything is okay. Thanks for the tip!
    Last edited by Petyamester; 20.08.2011 at 02:45.

  6. View Forum Posts #6
    Cat  Larisa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    8,521
     
    Larisa is offline
    Quote Originally Posted by Petyamester View Post
    an HOUR later the game really started and everything is okay
    Hmm... perhaps try starting the game with a custom .bat file, like how it's described here: http://forum.worldofplayers.de/forum...&#post16726924

  7. View Forum Posts #7
    Demigod Dino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Don't pretend you care
    Posts
    9,047
     
    Dino is offline
    Quote Originally Posted by Larisa View Post
    ddraw.dll, libwine.dll and wined3d.dll inside Gothic2\System
    this and

    Quote Originally Posted by Larisa View Post
    Hmm... perhaps try starting the game with a custom .bat file, like how it's described here: http://forum.worldofplayers.de/forum...&#post16726924
    that fixed my problem as well. Now I can play both gothic 2 and night of the raven on the PC as well as the laptop.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Impressum | Link Us | intern
World of Gothic © by World of Gothic Team
Gothic, Gothic 2 & Gothic 3 are © by Piranha Bytes & Egmont Interactive & JoWooD Productions AG, all rights reserved worldwide