Home Gothic Gothic II Gothic 3 Gothic 4 Downloads Forums

Seite 7 von 17 « Erste ... 3456789101114 ... Letzte »
Ergebnis 121 bis 140 von 324
  1. Beiträge anzeigen #121
    Knight Commander

Nisarg ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von The Ore Baron Beitrag anzeigen
    1) If the team of CSP is not going to translate the mod, then who will? Can we expect some sort of translation project by a group of people from WoGen? Perhaps we already have people interested in translating the project? I know I am, although I'm not of much use when it comes to German language
    I don't think that they'll bother translating anything till the project is finished. After that, I guess some of the WoGen will Google translate the stuff to get a draft and convert that into a full translation, asking for clarifications as needed.

We might organise a team for translation once the project is released in German. We would probably be aided people who understand both languages.

If they allow me to learn a foreign language at the university - I'm certainly choosing German.

2) Will CSP dialogues have voice-overs? Can we expect to see them translated to English, too? Amateur voice acting by members of WoGen could be a fun experience for all, I think But who would be mad enough to take up the leading position of such a project? Naturally, of course, the amateur voice-overs could be an optional addition to the translated mod
    The CSP have ruled out paying anything for voice-overs, so I guess the only voice overs (if any) will be community made by the WoGde. Of course, once we have translated the project to English, we could think of voicing it too. But, I think we don't have enough people (with mics) in WoGen - no idea about WoGde.
    My skin for Opera Web Browser.[Bild: tOC_sig1.jpg]

2. Beiträge anzeigen #122
    banned

MatTheCat ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Nisarg Beitrag anzeigen
    The CSP have ruled out paying anything for voice-overs, so I guess the only voice overs (if any) will be community made by the WoGde. Of course, once we have translated the project to English, we could think of voicing it too. But, I think we don't have enough people (with mics) in WoGen - no idea about WoGde.
    I just watched a recent you tube video from the CSP team in which they stated that there would be no Speech in their mod. This to my mind is a mistake as any halfway half-arsed speech output is better than no speech at all so long as the voices are consistent across characters. Considering the amount of work that will have to go into biulding the mod, not making the relatively minute effort to include voiceovers would be criminal.

I have some questions regarding the translation of the mod. They are not addressed only to members of the CSP team, but the entire forum.

1) If the team of CSP is not going to translate the mod, then who will? Can we expect some sort of translation project by a group of people from WoGen? Perhaps we already have people interested in translating the project? I know I am, although I'm not of much use when it comes to German language
    I would think that there will be a good handful of German members on this forum and within the CSP team that would have no trouble translating from German to English, and then from the English the other translations could easily follow.

I would be an example of a possible English native speaker who could translate from German......but then I wouldn't get to enjoy the mod cos I would know every single line of dialogue in it.....and obvioulsy, I want to play the mod when it comes out.
    Geändert von MatTheCat (17.05.2012 um 04:17 Uhr)

3. Beiträge anzeigen #123
    Knight Commander

Nisarg ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von MatTheCat Beitrag anzeigen
    I just watched a recent you tube video from the CSP team in which they stated that there would be no Speech in their mod. This to my mind is a mistake as any halfway half-arsed speech output is better than no speech at all so long as the voices are consistent across characters. Considering the amount of work that will have to go into biulding the mod, not making the relatively minute effort to include voiceovers would be criminal.
    It's not that easy. You have to find people with the right voices to make them consistent with the old voice acting. So it's not a relatively minute effort. Besides, my guess is that the CSP will already be quite tired out after finishing the mod. And of course, translation into English (and perhaps Russian) probably has a higher priority than voice-acting.

I would be an example of a possible English native speaker who could translate from German......but then I wouldn't get to enjoy the mod cos I would know every single line of dialogue in it.....and obvioulsy, I want to play the mod when it comes out.
    Why not play it first in German and then come back and translate?

4. Beiträge anzeigen #124
    banned

MatTheCat ist offline
    It's not that easy. You have to find people with the right voices to make them consistent with the old voice acting. So it's not a relatively minute effort. Besides, my guess is that the CSP will already be quite tired out after finishing the mod. And of course, translation into English (and perhaps Russian) probably has a higher priority than voice-acting.
    I would debate that translation has a higher priortiy than voice acting. Who plays RPGs these days without being guided by voice acted dialogue? This is simply the standard that people have come to expect and there is no going back on this. When I was a kid, I enjoyed playing many a 'text only' computer RPG but as soon as graphics were added to the fayre, going back to text only was impossible.

Even German only voice acting but with subtitles would be totally ok. Voices give the characters life.

Why not play it first in German and then come back and translate?
    That would be something that I would be more than happy to lend my time to.....

.....If I am still alive when the mod is finally released.

.....If the world hasn't ended (or similar)

......etc.

5. Beiträge anzeigen #125
    Knight Commander

Nisarg ist offline
    I would debate that translation has a higher priortiy than voice acting.
    Since I do not understand German, I would naturally consider translation to English a higher priority than German VO. Besides, if it isn't translated, how do I get English subtitles with German VO?

6. Beiträge anzeigen #126
    banned

MatTheCat ist offline
    Since I do not understand German, I would naturally consider translation to English a higher priority than German VO. Besides, if it isn't translated, how do I get English subtitles with German VO?
    Well I guess the German version is completed first.....then people translate the dialogue.....and then you have German voice over with english subs....I suppose.

7. Beiträge anzeigen #127
    Schwertmeister Avatar von bigsnappy

bigsnappy ist offline
    Already a while ago I opened a thread to get an idea who would want to help with the translation of the story mod (follow link below). If you want to help, please add a post with your name and your qualifications to the thread (please read the first post first). That way we have an overview of who can help once the mod is released, and we can build a WoG.com translation team! Thanks.

http://forum.worldofplayers.de/forum...Could-you-help
    Everything is relative... until it bites.

8. Beiträge anzeigen #128
    Knight Commander

Nisarg ist offline
    Perhaps, if I manage to get into the right college, I'll be allowed to learn German. If I do, and have an unrestricted internet connection, I'll try to translate random German posts in the WoR modding section . If I succeed, I'll definitely help with the translation of the CSP.

Since, I'm not sure if I can help, I haven't posted in the thread you opened.

9. Beiträge anzeigen #129
    Schwertmeister Avatar von bigsnappy

bigsnappy ist offline
    Perhaps, if I manage to get into the right college, I'll be allowed to learn German. If I do, and have an unrestricted internet connection, I'll try to translate random German posts in the WoR modding section . If I succeed, I'll definitely help with the translation of the CSP.

Well, you can still post something there, so that when the time comes to translate I can contact you, and ask you about your german. I mean, it may take a while before the mod is ready, and who knows, maybe your german has improved by then.
    Everything is relative... until it bites.

10. Beiträge anzeigen #130
    banned

MatTheCat ist offline

Will take about 2 years of pretty persistent learning before you will be able to understand and use German to a functional level.....unless you are amazingly talented with langauges or actually spend time living in Germany. 2 Years is probably how long it will take to get this mod completed so time is on your side if you start now.

Mind you, why an Indian dude would want to learn German I don't know. It is considered to be the hardest of the Western European languages (those using a roman alphabet) and it is only spoken in Germany (and in the other 'German' countries, albeit with such a strange accent that it becomes almost indecipherable).
    Geändert von MatTheCat (18.05.2012 um 03:25 Uhr)

11. Beiträge anzeigen #131
    Knight Commander

Nisarg ist offline
    Mind you, why an Indian dude would want to learn German I don't know. It is considered to be the hardest of the Western European languages (those using a roman alphabet) and it is only spoken in Germany (and in the other 'German' countries, albeit with such a strange accent that it becomes almost indecipherable).
    Well, I know more German than French or Italian (which will probably be the other options) - and Gothic, Drakensang, etc made me far more interested in learning German than French. Not to mention all that treasure in the German modding section (or the vast majority of WoP).

12. Beiträge anzeigen #132
    Ranger

JerrodAmolyan ist offline
    Heh, maybe german is considered "Hardest of the western european languages"
    But Finnish (I speak it, muah!) is considered in top 10 of the -world's- hardest languages. :P Also, the hardest of european. (Hungarian is harder, but I don't know if it's european. I suck at land-lore.) Chinese being probably the world's hard-est- language. Because 1 word can have over 10 meanings, based on the emphasis of your voice.
    That's why chinese have an -absolute- tone-ear.

EDIT: Actually, here's a good post about languages. It's based on facts, I know. To those interested in languages
    http://www.crystalkiss.com/worlds-ha...nguages-learn/

13. Beiträge anzeigen #133
    Ranger Avatar von Zelazko

Zelazko ist offline
    This to my mind is a mistake as any halfway half-arsed speech output is better than no speech at all so long as the voices are consistent across characters. Considering the amount of work that will have to go into biulding the mod, not making the relatively minute effort to include voiceovers would be criminal.

You obviously have no idea how work in teams on projects like Community Story Project looks like. If you start translating CSP into English you will see what I mean.
    Geändert von Zelazko (18.05.2012 um 17:07 Uhr)

14. Beiträge anzeigen #134
    banned

MatTheCat ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von zelazko Beitrag anzeigen
    You obviously have no idea how work in teams on projects like Community Story Project looks like. If you start translating CSP into English you will see what I mean.
    I am sure it will still be a big job and a logistical headache.....

....but surely nothing compared to building the actual mod itself.

Zitat Zitat von JerrodAmolyan Beitrag anzeigen
    Heh, maybe german is considered "Hardest of the western european languages"
    But Finnish (I speak it, muah!) is considered in top 10 of the -world's- hardest languages. :P Also, the hardest of european. (Hungarian is harder, but I don't know if it's european. I suck at land-lore.) Chinese being probably the world's hard-est- language. Because 1 word can have over 10 meanings, based on the emphasis of your voice.
    That's why chinese have an -absolute- tone-ear.

EDIT: Actually, here's a good post about languages. It's based on facts, I know. To those interested in languages
    http://www.crystalkiss.com/worlds-ha...nguages-learn/
    Yeah, but Finnish is a silly language that nobody is ever going to learn unless they happen to relocate to Finland. This is perhaps why it is generally overlooked when we think of the difficulty of learning foreign languages.

Also, the difficulty of a language depends largely on the native language of the learner. According to the British Foreign Office, it is reckoned that Chinese is the hardest language to learn from a native English speakers point of view. Likewise, it is pretty obvious that the Japanese and the Chinese have huge difficulties in learning English, whch is considered one of the easiest European languages to get to grips with (although due to its huge vocabulary, very hard to learn to an eloquent standard).

As per the UK Foreign Office, the easiest foreign languages for us (native English speakers) are the 'class 5' languages:

Spanish, French, Italian, Dutch.

This is followed by the class 4 languages:
    German, Romanian, Greek.

Then the class 3's:
    Russian, Czech, Polish

and the class 2's:
    Thai, Hindi, Arabic

and finally, the class 1's:
    Mandarin, Cantonese, Japanese, Korean.

Since that article started out by stating that Polish was the hardest language to learn.....I never bothered reading it as the author is clearly misinformed.

15. Beiträge anzeigen #135
    Sapere aude  Avatar von Jünger des Xardas

Jünger des Xardas ist offline
    This video wasn't made by our team!
    It is however true that there won't be any voiceover when the mod comes out. And you may belive us that we considered all our options before desiding that It's cleaar that everybody including ourselfs would like to have a voiceover. But there is no such thing as a standard since this is still a mod project - even though it might be bigger (and hopefully better) than many actual games - meaning we are doing this in our free time and without getting any money. There is no way to get the original voice actors to voice our dialogues.
    Of course we could organize some fans but this would bring various problems too: Every charakter would have two different voices as long as we wouldn't let the fans revoice the old dialogues too. It would be difficult to find enough talentet speakers - especially since most Gothic fans are male and young, so there probably wouldn't be any fitting voices for the female charakters or Xardas and the other mages. And even if someone has a fitting voice and is willing to use it for our project this doesn't mean he has the right equipment. And since we have such a huge amount of dialogue we would have to find people who are willing to really work for this project and ot just to read two or three lines (The QP had problems with the motivation of it's voice actors even though this mod is much smaller than even the frst chapter of the CSP, not to speak of the following ones). Besides even if it would work it would take us probably another year And we could only start the voiceacting when the mod was (nearly) finished. So should we wait a year to release the already finished mod instead of letting those who are willing to just read enjoy it already?

When the mod comes out everybody will be free to further modificate and enhance it, including making a voiceover. And there are certinly people willing to do this in the german WoG - including some of our team members. But we as the current team won't deal with this.

As for the translation: We won't do one and our english most likely isn't good enough anyway. But if there would be a translation team we would be very happy and certainly support it. And as for myself I don't think it would be necessary for all translators to speak a perfect German. I think it's more important for the translator to speak the language to which he wants to translate a text perfectly than the one from which he translates. If you translate our german texts to English it's enough to understand what they mean. Whereas it's unecessary to have a perfect german grammar - as long as your english one is good.

16. Beiträge anzeigen #136
    Ranger Avatar von Zelazko

Zelazko ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Jünger des Xardas Beitrag anzeigen
    Of course we could organize some fans but this would bring various problems too: Every charakter would have two different voices as long as we wouldn't let the fans revoice the old dialogues too. It would be difficult to find enough talentet speakers - especially since most Gothic fans are male and young, so there probably wouldn't be any fitting voices for the female charakters or Xardas and the other mages. And even if someone has a fitting voice and is willing to use it for our project this doesn't mean he has the right equipment. And since we have such a huge amount of dialogue we would have to find people who are willing to really work for this project and ot just to read two or three lines (The QP had problems with the motivation of it's voice actors even though this mod is much smaller than even the frst chapter of the CSP, not to speak of the following ones). Besides even if it would work it would take us probably another year And we could only start the voiceacting when the mod was (nearly) finished. So should we wait a year to release the already finished mod instead of letting those who are willing to just read enjoy it already?
    That's exactly what happen when peeps tried to record Polish voice-over for Dark Mysteries. It took PozimokaZ team to release the mod in less than one year and it took for team of translators to do their job in roughly a year to release English version. BUT it took 5 YEARS for voice recorder team to their job. There were like 3 or 4 team coordinators (can't remember exactly). There was sometimes nasty shit going on there, like one coordinator giving up and not even communicating abandoning the project without a word. It turned out later that the guy got his hard drive cooked up.

When the final version of the recording for Dark Mysteries was finally ready the PoziomkaZ team leader took his revenge on the mod users community for slacking and playing shit with him by releasing the mod with voice-over secured with password which he wouldn't reveal until like a month after he let you download the package. I supported his action.

So I wouldn't expect voice-over to be released in any language until approximately 2016-2019. If you ain't got money to pay, the job of recording voice-over for such huge project is a hard job to pull off.

Also most Gothic fans are teenage boys who aren't serious about the modding EVEN when they mod themselves and like to pull off some shit on side. The community is composed of too young audience. I don't MEAN to discriminate against teenagers but the true is that you can't trust them. Just look what they do in schools... and you got prove that this portion of population is having hard time to concentrate and focus (probably due to hormones). Focus and concentration are basic necessities for being a good translator who can finish the task he sets before him.

Beside where you do find those bilinguals peeps? As far as I know MOST people in UK (and Europe for that matter) known one language and barely know German to be able to translate from the language. There would be more American German speaking people given the large population of US but fan-base from USA is very small. The Gothic series did not succeed on that continent at all attracting very few people.
    Geändert von Zelazko (19.05.2012 um 19:28 Uhr)

17. Beiträge anzeigen #137
    Veteran

glumetzul ist offline
    Here is a big cheer for releasing the mod faster and without voices

I actually am more excited about this mod than I was about Risen 2.

18. Beiträge anzeigen #138
    Local Hero Avatar von DonPhoenix

DonPhoenix ist offline
    Hey CSP team

I've been playing Gothic 3 with 1.75 patch and CM2.4 quite a lot lately and I made it to the king and talked with him. I just wanted to ask if you'll expand the dialogue with King Rhobar II because I think dialogue in original G3 is quite unsatisfying (1 or 2 lines talking about NH's past etc. and then he just sends you on a mission)?
    It's not my first G3 playthrough but I played it long ago and it kinda dissapointed me again.
    I've had a really bad day and I have to relieve my tension. Hold still...

19. Beiträge anzeigen #139
    Knight Avatar von Ariogaisus

Ariogaisus ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von JerrodAmolyan Beitrag anzeigen
    But Finnish (I speak it, muah!) is considered in top 10 of the -world's- hardest languages. :P
    So is Estonian.

I just wanted to ask if you'll expand the dialogue with King Rhobar II because I think dialogue in original G3 is quite unsatisfying
    I was quite disappointed about this too.

20. Beiträge anzeigen #140
    Sapere aude  Avatar von Jünger des Xardas

Jünger des Xardas ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Ariogaisus Beitrag anzeigen
    So is Estonian.
    Which makes sense since both languages are very closely related

As for the king: Is this really a serious question? We don't add more story an give every simple slave or citizen at least twice as much dialogue just to forget one of the main characters

Seite 7 von 17 « Erste ... 3456789101114 ... Letzte »