Home Gothic Gothic II Gothic 3 Gothic 4 Downloads Forums

Seite 4 von 5 « Erste 12345 Letzte »
Ergebnis 61 bis 80 von 91
  1. Beiträge anzeigen #61
    Adventurer

jiopi ist offline
    Btw, here is my Mana guide: http://forum.worldofplayers.de/forum...d.php?t=845018

You can have 383 mana without learning it, should make it littlepit easier. I always learnt secondary skill as mage, and didn't find it too hard.

2. Beiträge anzeigen #62
    Adventurer Avatar von doros

doros ist offline
    Alright, here's my thinking as far as spells go. This is mainly based on my g1 experience; what I used the most back then.

Fire Arrow
    Ice Lance, Fist of Wind
    Storm, Sm Firestorm, Ice Block
    Lightning, Destroy Undead
    Ice Wave, Lg Firestorm
    Rain of Fire, Wave of Death

I notice Zeri0n recommended a number of Summoning spells- are they really that good? I usually play mages as nukers and controllers- stunning crowds and hurting them directly. But now that every spell consumes almost my entire stock of mana, maybe that won't work as well?

So far I've only got Fire Arrow (a pity, I would have rather made a different starter rune) and I'm about to purchase either FoW or Ice Lance, so I've got plenty of time to replan my spell progression.

3. Beiträge anzeigen #63
    Skinhead  Avatar von Hellbilly

Hellbilly ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von doros Beitrag anzeigen
    I notice Zeri0n recommended a number of Summoning spells
    I find that especially later on in the game, it helps a lot to have at least one good summon spell in your arsenal. In the final stages, Summon Demon is a rather obvious choice; can easily do away with any enemy group you're liable to encounter.

Also, what seems to be an often underrated spell is Fear (third circle). It won't kill your foes, but for a small cost you can effectively render harmless a large group of strong foes. Saved me in one playthrough in NoTR when I'd botched up my mage's build a bit; I was simply unable to defeat the foes guarding the dragons... but I could make them temporarily harmless with fear and get past them that way.

4. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #64
    Demigod Avatar von Bastardo

Bastardo ist offline
    I notice Zeri0n recommended a number of Summoning spells- are they really that good?
    Summon Demon and Army of Darkness are. The others aren't that good in my opinion but can be useful to create a distraction while you deal some real damage.

5. Beiträge anzeigen #65

doros ist offline
    So Fear is an AoE controller then, I take it? In g1, I found that the single-target controllers, like Sleep or Charm, were simply too slow and costly to be of any use. However, I love AoE controllers (I kept spamming Wave of Ice in g1, and even FoW/ StF served in an early game pinch) so I'll totally grab Fear if it's more like that.

6. Beiträge anzeigen #66
    Warrior

Talek ist offline
    Ah the good old days of being a fire mage in Notr... Do not forget to pick up
    Spoiler:(zum lesen bitte Text markieren)
    Ice Lance
    cause it will SURELY be a lifesaver.

7. Beiträge anzeigen #67
    Dragonslayer Avatar von Zeri0n

Zeri0n ist offline
    Large firestorm, don't use it, it's pointless, wave of death, takes too long to cast and is worse than fire rain

Summoning guys. Goblin can help you many times
    Summon skeleton is a must
    Summon demons i obvious choice
    Army of darkness is optional
    Fist of wind - sucks, you won't get exp if he dies from falling
    FEAR as i said is a BIG must

Btw, fear fears all around you, they run, as long as you run near them they will be feared forever, they lose the fear buff only when they get out of your sight

8. Beiträge anzeigen #68

doros ist offline
    Aww, they nerfed Wave of Death? That's too bad. Fear is in, and yeah, I found out about FoW's experience snarfing back in g1. I mainly want it so I can have a crowd control spell early on, but if Fear is only Circle 3 maybe I should wait...?

9. Beiträge anzeigen #69
    Local Hero

gothic2notr ist offline
    don't forget all of the summon demon scrolls you come across, they become extremely useful later on

10. Beiträge anzeigen #70
    Deus Avatar von Maladiq

Maladiq ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von jiopi Beitrag anzeigen
    Btw, here is my Mana guide: http://forum.worldofplayers.de/forum...d.php?t=845018

You can have 383 mana without learning it, should make it littlepit easier. I always learnt secondary skill as mage, and didn't find it too hard.
    Holy fuck, dude! You are my hero! Must play G2G again using your guide.
    For the most recent Elex news, the new Piranha Bytes RPG, visit us at World of Elex!!!

11. Beiträge anzeigen #71
    Knight

Alwin ist offline
    I can vouch for the summoning spells.

12. Beiträge anzeigen #72
    Adventurer

jiopi ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Maladiq Beitrag anzeigen
    Holy fuck, dude! You are my hero! Must play G2G again using your guide.
    Your welcome. Also this is my DEX-guide (not finished), if you want to bow or/and pickpocket something as mage.

http://forum.worldofplayers.de/forum...d.php?t=858384

13. Beiträge anzeigen #73
    Local Hero

gothic2notr ist offline
    that mana guide is pretty impressive. hats off to u!

14. Beiträge anzeigen #74
    Local Hero

gothic2notr ist offline
    after beating g2 notr at least 5 times i finally just beat it as a mage! i never was able to do it but the summons actually made it happen. playin as a mage in notr is the the most rewarding guild in the end imo

15. Beiträge anzeigen #75
    Sword Master Avatar von Mage Master

Mage Master ist offline
    I expected magic to follow, you know, regular magic rules. Weak to start, gets better by the end. But this, this is like useless to start, who the hell knows by the end! There's... there's no MP tweak mods available, are there? To balance things out a bit?
    There is a mod called "height of powers" or something along those lines, it increases the exp you gain so you will a lot more LP to spend. But play it with mods after you play it once without any.

And G3 is nothing like the first two, don't get your expectations high at all. G3 is more like The Elder Scrolls but sucks very much.

You must get a summoning spell, they the most mana efficient spells ever, just use all your mana and let the summoned craetures do the work for you, also you can "unsommon" them by "talking" to them so you can go to towns with out much worrying. just don't get summon wolf, they fight with the skeleton that you summon and they actually suck.
    Fear is also a must, it's quite fun. If ppl have their drawn and you use fear, the weapons start flying around them and then they stab them. They don't die but it looks funny.

16. Beiträge anzeigen #76
    Demigod Avatar von Dino

Dino ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Hellbilly Beitrag anzeigen
    Also, what seems to be an often underrated spell is Fear (third circle). It won't kill your foes, but for a small cost you can effectively render harmless a large group of strong foes. Saved me in one playthrough in NoTR when I'd botched up my mage's build a bit; I was simply unable to defeat the foes guarding the dragons... but I could make them temporarily harmless with fear and get past them that way.
    Yes, utility spells. Often underestimated but in most cases they are more useful than one might think.
    The Fear is indeed a great crowd control spell. Pretty useful, as mentioned above, in the middle stages of the game.
    Later on, however, I use Wave of Ice + Rain of Fire/Wave of Death. Works like a charm every time.

17. Beiträge anzeigen #77

doros ist offline
    Annnnnnnd... I'm done!

It took longer than I expected; preparing for classes and all that. Lousy real life. But I finished g2 yesterday night. It was really good, better than g1 IMO, although the last boss was a bit of a letdown (4 RoF scrolls then home for dinner). I was a bit surprised that Nameless acted shocked when Xardas showed up- I mean, seriously? "Oh no, an evil necromancer is doing something an evil necromancer would do!" Please, Nameless, you're a worldly guy, you saw this coming since g1!

I don't have g3 yet, but I'mn goign to have to get it. To tell you the truth, I... I think I'm going to hold off on Skyrim until I play g3. NOW DON'T GLOAT, you lousy Gothic fans. I'm still a TES junky, and Skyrim is still at the top of my list. But, well, Skyrim's going to take too much damn time. Plus, I wouldn't mind waiting a bit, for patches and Eshme's and so forth. And I'm actually curious to see where this plot is going. So, g3 next, as soon as I can find a copy.

A few questions re: loose ends I never really tied up:

1. What was up with the Seekers quest? That quest never completed. I'm pretty sure there was still a Book or two floating around that I couldn't find. Would it have been possible to "cure" any of the possessed people? I got Vino some help, but I ask mainly because Bromor was possessed, and that meant I couldn't have a final castoff party with Nadja.

2. Was I supposed to have Deathball? I'm not so sure I was, now that I think about it. I killed a Seeker near Xardas' Old Tower, who dropped a crapload of runes: Lightning, Storm, Firestorm, Rain of Fire, Cry of the Dead, and Deathball.I thought that was odd, since usually you don't find runes anywhere, let alone a half dozen high-end runes. Plus Deathball, when I could finally use it, had glitchy text, as if it was a monster-only spell.

3. What ever happened to Mud? I know I killed him in g1, but I killed Raven, too, and look how that wound up. Was there mention of him in g2?

4. I killed all the Orcs besieging the Castle, so why didn't the Paladin's reward me? All that effort for nothing!

5. Was there a way to resolve that Lucia stuff? I'd been hunting for her since the start of the game, then when I finally found her over in the NOtR world, it just sort of petered out. I was hoping at the very least I would have won her over after snuffing those "bad boy bandits" she was making googoo eyes at, but no, nothing. And her ex didn't seem to care anymore once I got back! I couldn't even tell him I'd found her.

6. Was the Minecrawler Plate and Dragon Egg potion from the Monastery worth it? I forgot to pick them up before I left for Chapter 6.

18. Beiträge anzeigen #78
    General Avatar von KGS

KGS ist offline
    g3 sucks

a mud zombie can be spawned with cheats

the dragon egg potion gives you strength

19. Beiträge anzeigen #79
    Knight

Alwin ist offline
    Annnnnnnd... I'm done!

It took longer than I expected; preparing for classes and all that. Lousy real life. But I finished g2 yesterday night. It was really good, better than g1 IMO, although the last boss was a bit of a letdown (4 RoF scrolls then home for dinner). I was a bit surprised that Nameless acted shocked when Xardas showed up- I mean, seriously? "Oh no, an evil necromancer is doing something an evil necromancer would do!" Please, Nameless, you're a worldly guy, you saw this coming since g1!

I don't have g3 yet, but I'mn goign to have to get it. To tell you the truth, I... I think I'm going to hold off on Skyrim until I play g3. NOW DON'T GLOAT, you lousy Gothic fans. I'm still a TES junky, and Skyrim is still at the top of my list. But, well, Skyrim's going to take too much damn time. Plus, I wouldn't mind waiting a bit, for patches and Eshme's and so forth. And I'm actually curious to see where this plot is going. So, g3 next, as soon as I can find a copy.

A few questions re: loose ends I never really tied up:

1. What was up with the Seekers quest? That quest never completed. I'm pretty sure there was still a Book or two floating around that I couldn't find. Would it have been possible to "cure" any of the possessed people? I got Vino some help, but I ask mainly because Bromor was possessed, and that meant I couldn't have a final castoff party with Nadja.

2. Was I supposed to have Deathball? I'm not so sure I was, now that I think about it. I killed a Seeker near Xardas' Old Tower, who dropped a crapload of runes: Lightning, Storm, Firestorm, Rain of Fire, Cry of the Dead, and Deathball.I thought that was odd, since usually you don't find runes anywhere, let alone a half dozen high-end runes. Plus Deathball, when I could finally use it, had glitchy text, as if it was a monster-only spell.

3. What ever happened to Mud? I know I killed him in g1, but I killed Raven, too, and look how that wound up. Was there mention of him in g2?

4. I killed all the Orcs besieging the Castle, so why didn't the Paladin's reward me? All that effort for nothing!

5. Was there a way to resolve that Lucia stuff? I'd been hunting for her since the start of the game, then when I finally found her over in the NOtR world, it just sort of petered out. I was hoping at the very least I would have won her over after snuffing those "bad boy bandits" she was making googoo eyes at, but no, nothing. And her ex didn't seem to care anymore once I got back! I couldn't even tell him I'd found her.

6. Was the Minecrawler Plate and Dragon Egg potion from the Monastery worth it? I forgot to pick them up before I left for Chapter 6.
    G3 doesn't suck.

1. The quest may not get completed, I don't know about that. All you can do is just to take all the almanachs from the possessed and take them to Pyrokar. Any almanachs on the island can be taken to Vatras.

2. That must be a bug or something, nobody is supposed to drop the runes they use. Deathball in particular is a Seeker-only spell, the one they use most of the time.

3. As said above.

4. The game creators probably didn't expect you to clear the siege ring, which is pretty stupid if you ask me.

5. Lucia has left a letter of herself before leaving for Jharkendar. Did you follow the trail of rapiers to the end?

6. The potion gives +3 STR. What minecrawler plate?

20. Beiträge anzeigen #80
    banned

Assassin of Kings ist offline
    Annnnnnnd... I'm done!

I'm glad you liked the game and don't forget to come back to it and replay it whenever you're bored of other games.

About Xardas, I actually didn't see that coming. Xardas isn't an evil necromancer, he's the hero's mentor and he's always helped the nameless in his quests against Beliar and his minions. The things is that Xardas isn't really evil, but you'll find that out in Gothic 3. Then you'll understand the meaning of his final dialogue with the hero on the ship. He doesn't obey Beliar, but he's just using his power. For what goal? Play Gothic 3 and you'll see ... I won't spoil more.

Gothic 3 doesn't suck. It's just not so good as G1 and G2 ... it doesn't have the same feeling and character depth, but it's still a good game to play once or twice and even though it's not so memorable and most quests are dull, the main plot is still great. An advice for you, in case you find the game, is to play on Xardas' side if you only want play the game once, because the ending when you help Xardas in his plans is the only one that really matters, the canonical one, to call it so. The other 2 (Innos' and Beliar's ending) are just for fun.

After you finish Gothic 3, don't play Arcania: Gothic 4, as that one does indeed suck and it isn't Gothic anymore (it's not even made by the same developer). I recommend you to play Risen instead. It's made by the same developer, Piranha Bytes and it's considered a sort of spiritual successor of the Gothic series, as it has the same atmosphere and the game setting seems to be connected to Xardas' ending from Gothic 3. But we'll talk about that when you'll have finished Gothic 3.

Seite 4 von 5 « Erste 12345 Letzte »