Home Gothic Gothic II Gothic 3 Gothic 4 Downloads Forums

Seite 2 von 5 « Erste 12345 Letzte »
Ergebnis 21 bis 40 von 91
  1. Beiträge anzeigen #21
    banned

Assassin of Kings ist offline
    Yes, you can pray to the shrines of Beliar. There is one of those in Xardas' Tower, in case you missed it.
    Anyway, this theory of the hero being a Beliar worshiper in the past doesn't seem too believable. There was never any reference to the crime for which the hero was convicted, and in the times of the Barrier one could get thrown inside for the smallest of thefts, like stealing a bread.

2. Beiträge anzeigen #22
    Veteran Avatar von ZombieNL

ZombieNL ist offline
    When you start G2 (with or without notr), it doesn't matter at all, what camp you joined in G1.
    The hero forgot everything he learned there after lying under the rocks for 2 (or 3?) weeks.
    So you joined the old camp in G1 and was a mage at the end.
    I would say, this is a good moment to change guild and become guard -> Paladin.
    When you are new to G2 notr i would never recommend going mage the first time. i would choose mercenary or guard.
    What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger!

3. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #23
    Demigod Avatar von Bastardo

Bastardo ist offline
    Militia is good for a first playthrough, it's somewhat of a default guild much like the Old Camp in Gothic 1 and since you get dragons with this game you might as well build yourself a knight. It would be fitting.
    Mages are awesome for a second or third playthrough as it will be tougher but you'll eventually become much more of a menace and dialogues might feel more rewarding. Mages in the world of Gothic are pretty high up on the social scale and this affects the hero in Gothic 2 much more than it does in Gothic 1 (and 3 for that matter).
    Geändert von Bastardo (08.08.2011 um 22:42 Uhr)

4. Beiträge anzeigen #24
    banned

Or, if you want the game to have some continuity, you could join up with Lee's mercenaries, as most of your old pals and acquaintances from the New Camp are there.

5. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #25

Bastardo ist offline
    Yeah, that's pretty much the nostalgic guild of the game.

6. Beiträge anzeigen #26
    Adventurer Avatar von doros

doros ist offline
    I heard Lee was heading the Mercs, so I went off to his farm last night to check it out. I'm not going to join them- mage I was, mage I'll be- but I've already spotted a few familiar faces.

I'm not entirely clear on what I'm supposed to be doing here, or, more specifically, I'm not entirely clear on what I'm supposed to be doing to advance to Chapter 2. I've got a TON of quests, at least 12, IIRC. I know I've got to find some Eye of Innos, and to get to it, I've got to join up as an Apprentice to somebody in town. I've also got to find out about some missing people and weapons shipments, both of which I've tracked back to the bandits near Lee's farm. The Ring of Water stuff, I'm GUESSING that's the expansion quest; can I do it now? Should I wait for a later chapter? And all the other stuff, I dunno!

So, as spoiler-free as possible, what advances the main quest? Should I be messing with the bandits that are snatching your people up, or should I concentrate on getting a job in town first? Do I have to do ALL the sidequests before I advance a Chapter (e.g. finding tablets for that merchant wot got mugged by chavs over by the bridge)? Oh, and selling tablets to the Water Mages, yay or nay? If I can get an opportunity to read them later, I'd rather hang on to them.

7. Beiträge anzeigen #27
    Veteran Avatar von The Assasin

The Assasin ist offline
    You should do the Missing people quest, and also join one of the fractions. You should also do the quest for becoming a citizen of Khorinis (become apprentice), since this one is the part of the main quest.

8. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #28

Bastardo ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von doros Beitrag anzeigen
    I'm not entirely clear on what I'm supposed to be doing to advance to Chapter 2. I've got a TON of quests, at least 12, IIRC.
    Such is the nature of Night Of The Raven. If you feel overwhelmed it's because it's two plots in one. You could play Gothic 2 without the expansion first, since it's much more organized and focused. But to answer your question, the Eye of Innos and the dragons are the key elements and they're the main reason for chapters to start and end.

Oh, as for advancing to Chapter 2, it's pretty much like in Gothic 1. The first chapter is dedicated to joining a guild. Once you're a full-fledged member there's no stopping you from advancing to the second chapter.
    Geändert von Bastardo (09.08.2011 um 15:58 Uhr)

9. Beiträge anzeigen #29
    Hero Avatar von Tratos

Tratos ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von doros Beitrag anzeigen
    I've got a TON of quests, at least 12
    12, ha! By the time you get to chapter 4, you might as well have 25 open entries in the current quests and over 50 finished ones. Enjoy!

10. Beiträge anzeigen #30
    Dragonslayer Avatar von Omid-

Omid- ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von One Stoned Bastard Beitrag anzeigen
    Oh, as for advancing to Chapter 2, it's pretty much like in Gothic 1. The first chapter is dedicated to joining a guild. Once you're a full-fledged member there's no stopping you from advancing to the second chapter.
    Yeah but the difference is that Gothic 1 was easy, you go into CH2 too early in G2 you're a dead man. Need to level some first, i remember going in at lvl 9 first time i played G2. Boy was that a fail.

11. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #31

Bastardo ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Omid- Beitrag anzeigen
    Yeah but the difference is that Gothic 1 was easy, you go into CH2 too early in G2 you're a dead man. Need to level some first, i remember going in at lvl 9 first time i played G2. Boy was that a fail.
    I was underpowered as well the first time I played the game, but that's what made the first visit to the
    Spoiler:(zum lesen bitte Text markieren)
    Valley of Mines
    memorable for me. Dozen of foes in all directions who I could, at best, barely fend off 1 on 1 back in Khorinis helped to magnify the desperate feeling of the place.
    Geändert von Bastardo (09.08.2011 um 17:00 Uhr)

12. Beiträge anzeigen #32
    banned

Just do all the quests in whatever order you like. It doesn't really matter. You should avoid going to the Valley of Mines as much as you can, because things there are really tough and the Colony you know from G1 is now teeming with evil creatures. You could become a citizen of the town first, and then do the quests with the missing people and join the Ring of Water. They'll give you a good armor which you'll certainly need further in the game.

When you get to the Valley of Mines please share with us your impressions after seeing how it looks after the dragons made themselves at home there.
    Geändert von Assassin of Kings (09.08.2011 um 20:32 Uhr)

13. Beiträge anzeigen #33
    Fighter Avatar von SkullX

SkullX ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Assassin of Kings Beitrag anzeigen
    When you get to the Valley of Mines please share with us your impressions after seeing how it looks after the dragons made themselves at home there.
    Damn good times were back then, when all of us explored VoM in Gothic 2...nostalgic!
    If you even try to look the other way...

14. Beiträge anzeigen #34

doros ist offline
    Is Gaan necessary? I was walking in the woods near the Valley of Mines, when a boar ate him. I know I had a quest from him (Snorting Creature) but the Quest hasn't failed even though he's dead. Surely a boar couldn't be the "snorting creature" he was so afraid of, could it?

Is he plot critical? Should I reload? Or can I still finish his quest even though he's dead?

15. Beiträge anzeigen #35
    banned

No, it's no big deal that he died. The Snorting Creature was just a side-quest, and the only one that requires him IMO. All of the characters that are plot-critical have infinite life.

No, the squirting creature wasn't a boar, but a Dragon Snapper.

Have you joined any guild by now?

16. Beiträge anzeigen #36

SkullX ist offline
    Well...Gaan is

A member of the Ring of Water

17. Beiträge anzeigen #37
    banned

Zitat Zitat von SkullX Beitrag anzeigen
    Well...Gaan is

A member of the Ring of Water
    Yeah, he is, but that still doesn't make any difference. It doesn't matter if he lives or dies ... the only thing you miss if he dies is a secondary quest.

18. Beiträge anzeigen #38

doros ist offline
    Haven't joined a guild yet. I got a job with the Alchemist in town, and I'm doing side quests to get a few more levels before joining my guild. I'm currently working on finding buried treasure for that pirate guy, which is why I was out in the woods in the first place.

19. Beiträge anzeigen #39

SkullX ist offline
    Yeah do that questand do the Missing people and Weapon Dealer quest at well, What level are you?, and begin to do the Thieves Guild Quests if you want to learn thiev skills (very useful), is kinda hard to find the quest on the first play, but ask here if you need help.

20. Beiträge anzeigen #40

doros ist offline
    I think I'm level 7 or so right now. I'd like to find a Thieves Guild; I'm doing some shady smuggling work right now (currently on a quest to deliver a package to that other pirate and pick up some goods from Akil's Farm) so maybe I'm on the right track?

I tell ya, these Guilds... the Paladins really aren't selling themselves too well. I like the idea of getting snazzy armor and big ol' sword while still getting to fling magic at beasties, but most of the Pallies seem like tools. They aren't BAD folks, they're just kind of boring and clueless. Doopdedoopdedoo, we're here on orders from the King. Doodedoopdeedoo, let's stand around and let a bunch of grumpy farmers make us look like idiots. The Mercs? Well, like I said before, not being able to go Water Mage kills the sale right from the start, but I'm really not liking their camp much, either. Yeah, it was cool meeting up with some of my buds from the New Camp, although my old weapon coach Cord doesn't seem to recognize me for some reason. Lee wasn't a bad fellow back in G1 (although most of my dealings with the New Camp were through Lares and Saturas), and Lares has been giving me most of my training so far. But INNOS H CHRIST, the rest of those mercs are miserable bastards. It's like every other guy is trying to get money out of me or beat me up or whine about something or other. Onar is a fat pig, and his wife is a putz, although I must admit his daughter's kinda cute... I'd love to kill half the mercs, kill Onar, and elope with his daughter, but I doubt that's going to be an option, soooo... Fire Mages are still on top. Still haven't been to the Monastery, but the crazy evangelist guy in town told me I'd have an easy in if I just brought that statue of Innos up there, so I'm sure I can get in once I'm ready.

Oh, and speaking of Onar's foxy daughter, are there any chicks I can woo in this game? I already figured out about Nadja down at the brothel, and I was hoping that Gritta's gratitude would be a bit more... gracious (it wasn't, lousy bottle of wine), so what else is there? Nameless has been cooped up in the Valley of Mines with nothing but an empty castle full of bloodstains and Gomez' former bevy of dancing girls to keep him occupied. I'd REALLY like to find whatsherface- that bathing girl who was in the Gothic 1 intro (certain dialogue options led me to believe Nameless had a thing for her)- but I'm assuming she's probably dead by now.

Seite 2 von 5 « Erste 12345 Letzte »