Home Gothic Gothic II Gothic 3 Gothic 4 Downloads Forums

Seite 5 von 5 « Erste 12345
Ergebnis 81 bis 94 von 94
  1. Beiträge anzeigen #81
    banned

Assassin of Kings ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von SkullX Beitrag anzeigen
    Here's what I say, complet G1 fast and start G2
    No, he should not do that. Gothic 1 is definitely worth playing, a must. Playing G2 without having finished G1 properly will give a feeling of discontinuity and broken pieces.

Go ahead, load the game before screwing things up and play Gothic 1 by the book, if you want to really feel the game.

2. Beiträge anzeigen #82
    Hero Avatar von Tratos

Tratos ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von SkullX Beitrag anzeigen
    Here's what I say, complet G1 fast and start G2

In g2 you can go WHEREVER you want, WHENEVER you want , kill WHATEVER you want in WHATEVER chapter you are including chapter 1, because it DOESN"T ruin the future experiences, G2 has a better story based..thing.
    I say no. Gothic 2 does also depend on atmosphere and immersion. Killing absolutely everything, ahead of time will ruin it just the same. Don't ask for examples for obvious reasons.

Zitat Zitat von Assassin of Kings Beitrag anzeigen
    Go ahead, load the game before screwing things up and play Gothic 1 by the book, if you want to really feel the game.
    You mentioned that at least half a dozen times now. Leave him be. If he likes the game, he might play it over another 3 times, like most of us here.

3. Beiträge anzeigen #83
    Adventurer Avatar von doros

doros ist offline
    I don't have a save from "before", since I was buggering the story up since Chapter 1. It's definitely a game I might replay... I'm not going to replay it immediately, mind you, since I bought Gothic II, and will be starting that immediately upon finishing G1. Then, judging by how good the series is so far, I'll probably have to get Gothic III... and then it's Skyrim Time. Fuck if that's not going to turn me into a recluse for ages. So basically we're looking at a minimum of six months to a year before I'll be ready to return to Gothic I fulltime.

In case anyone's wondering, I finished off the rest of the Orcs behind that locked gate. I can't believe how much easier it is to kill those damn things now that I've got Wave of Ice and Rain of Fire. Before, I was sniping them one at a time with Fireballs and (if I could get them stuck) dinky arrows; now, it's like charge in, BOOM! Ten seconds later, the whole pack is dead. I thought this game was harder than it should have been...

4. Beiträge anzeigen #84
    Fighter Avatar von SkullX

SkullX ist offline
    G2 will be harder, and since you already have Gothic 2....you can try the same tactic to go kill everything (....hope you WILL can:-")
    If you even try to look the other way...

5. Beiträge anzeigen #85

doros ist offline
    "YOU be damned, you stinky moldy carpet"

That was great.

6. Beiträge anzeigen #86
    banned

Zitat Zitat von doros Beitrag anzeigen
    I don't have a save from "before", since I was buggering the story up since Chapter 1. It's definitely a game I might replay... I'm not going to replay it immediately, mind you, since I bought Gothic II, and will be starting that immediately upon finishing G1. Then, judging by how good the series is so far, I'll probably have to get Gothic III... and then it's Skyrim Time. Fuck if that's not going to turn me into a recluse for ages. So basically we're looking at a minimum of six months to a year before I'll be ready to return to Gothic I fulltime.
    You don't know what you're loosing if you keep screwing up the gameplay like that. You won't get the same feeling of nostalgia when you play G2 because of how you played G1 ... Heck, you won't even know why you're so much of a friend with Diego, Lester, Milten and Gorn because you skipped the meetings with them in search of the focus stones. Start the game all over again, and go for a different camp this time, in order that you don't play exactly the same character. Only that this time follow only the main plot and stop exploring so much. In a few days you'll finish it. Come on, it's a time much better spent than with Skyrim or any other TES game.

7. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #87
    Demigod Avatar von Bastardo

Bastardo ist offline
    "YOU be damned, you stinky moldy carpet"

That was great.
    DAMN BE YOUUU!!!

That's like the best dialogue in the English version.

8. Beiträge anzeigen #88
    Sword Master Avatar von Mage Master

Mage Master ist offline
    You don't know what you're loosing if you keep screwing up the gameplay like that. You won't get the same feeling of nostalgia when you play G2 because of how you played G1 ... Heck, you won't even know why you're so much of a friend with Diego, Lester, Milten and Gorn because you skipped the meetings with them in search of the focus stones. Start the game all over again, and go for a different camp this time, in order that you don't play exactly the same character. Only that this time follow only the main plot and stop exploring so much. In a few days you'll finish it. Come on, it's a time much better spent than with Skyrim or any other TES game.
    I think you are starting to rage, even tough you are right. I think he got your point already so just stop and calm down. It's very annoying to be told how to play a game even if it's the right way.

9. Beiträge anzeigen #89
    banned

Shut up ... I want to turn an infidel to the right path of Gothic, don't stop me from it!

Just kidding ... play the game however you like. Sorry if I insisted too much, after all it's your choice how you play it, even if you don't know what you're loosing if you keep on like that ...

10. Beiträge anzeigen #90
    Hero Avatar von Tratos

Tratos ist offline
    Shut up ... I want to turn an infidel to the right path of Gothic, don't stop me from it!

Just kidding ... play the game however you like. Sorry if I insisted too much, after all it's your choice how you play it, even if you don't know what you're loosing if you keep on like that ...
    I think you need your mouth sealed. Stop imposing yourself so much, that's a game and no way is the wrong way. Saying that you were jesting does not lessen the strength of the insult either.

11. Beiträge anzeigen #91

doros ist offline
    Well, I'm done! Kind of a crappy ending, but then again, no games worth playing ever have good endings. I installed G2 and Raven Shield (Night? Loft? Whatever that expansion disc was called?) last night, and when I get the chance, I'll probably have even more questions about that one.

I understand there's no Save Import feature, right? So will the game recognize that I killed Gomez and Saturas, or will it just assume everyone's dead and start the story afresh?

12. Beiträge anzeigen #92
    banned

There are several characters whose deaths aren't canonical, Saturas being one of them. You'll also have the surprise of meeting other characters that you think are dead from G1.

13. Beiträge anzeigen #93
    Hero Avatar von Tratos

Tratos ist offline
    So will the game recognize that I killed Gomez and Saturas, or will it just assume everyone's dead and start the story afresh?
    You'll be surprised to know, but the canon (that extends over G2, G3 and beyond) dictates that you didn't kill the people of the old camp. Not everyone respawns, but over the course of the next games, many will pop around. No import feature either.

14. Beiträge anzeigen #94
    Hero Avatar von Tratos

Tratos ist offline
    --> Moved to Help Section.

Seite 5 von 5 « Erste 12345