Home Gothic Gothic II Gothic 3 Gothic 4 Downloads Forums

Seite 2 von 5 « Erste 12345 Letzte »
Ergebnis 21 bis 40 von 94
  1. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #21
    Demigod Avatar von Bastardo

Bastardo ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von KGS Beitrag anzeigen
    in g3
    Spoiler:(zum lesen bitte Text markieren)
    didn't thobar tell you something about being thrown there on purpose
    Not exactly. The hero is surprisingly welcome in the king's court so he confronts him on it and says he had thrown him in the colony in the first place, and the king says that is exactly what led the hero to kick ass and defeat hellspawns left and right. If I remember correctly, the wording is a bit ambiguous, at least in the English version. Any convict could put the blame for their predicament on the king and the king's reply could simply mean "things played out all right for you after all".
    Zitat Zitat von doros Beitrag anzeigen
    Is that so much to ask?
    Yes my friend, you're crossing the line. Have some respect! The Nameless Hero isn't just a puppet under your command, he's an actual character.

2. Beiträge anzeigen #22
    banned

Assassin of Kings ist offline
    Yeah, the hero is alright the way he is, and it's of no use to customize him. The game is supposed to tell the story of an exact character, the Nameless Hero, and not of a random character that you can alter the way you want it ... And no, there are no mods for this. No Gothic fan would ever make such a mod, because Gothic wouldn't be what it is without the Nameless one. So yes, it seems too much to ask for me. This is Gothic, not The Elder Scrolls, keep that in mind.

3. Beiträge anzeigen #23
    Adventurer Avatar von doros

doros ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Mage Master Beitrag anzeigen

I think they are trying to tell a story of someone rather than letting you be sort of yourself and putting you in situations,
    See, I get that, but maybe I've been spoiled by Mass Effect or something. Shepard IS Shepard, he's the same guy, throughout the whole story, and you're damned if you want to play as somebody else. But you can still customize him on the surface, tailor his look to your liking. You can even make him a chick! Now, granted, at the time the first Gothic came out, the designers probably didn't have the technology/ energy/ foresight to set up a Bioware style Opus, so in that sense you're kind of stuck with the errors of your forefathers. But I still think it'd be cool to have a model mod, or better yet, a series of model mods (one for each Gothic), which would allow you to give Nameless One a facelift. Maybe even have some voice actors redub a custom soundtrack for different types of Nameless?

No Gothic fan would ever make such a mod, because Gothic wouldn't be what it is without the Nameless one.
    Man, you Old Campers! Here I am, thinking we should blow the walls off this character creation system that's keeping us locked in to the valley of Nilla Nameless... maybe I should start another camp, a "New Camp", if you will, one which will fight to free the Gothic community from it's single-character prison!
    Geändert von doros (28.07.2011 um 21:30 Uhr)

4. Beiträge anzeigen #24
    General Avatar von KGS

KGS ist offline
    there was some mod that changed the appearance afaik go to the modding section and dig it up or ask there /you could change the head at least/
    i don't remember whether it was for g1 or g2 though

5. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #25
    Mythos Avatar von Onisuzume

Onisuzume ist offline
    IIRC the minimal lvl to join a camp was lvl 6 or 7 so you're more than fine. Oh and if you join the new camp don't become a mercenary imitatively because you won't be able to continue with the main quest.
    Get the quest from Lares about him wanting someone in the sect camp to keep an eye on things, and a quest from Cronos about a message for the fire mages first. After that you're free to become a mercenary.
    Yeah, the hero is alright the way he is, and it's of no use to customize him. The game is supposed to tell the story of an exact character, the Nameless Hero, and not of a random character that you can alter the way you want it ... And no, there are no mods for this. No Gothic fan would ever make such a mod, because Gothic wouldn't be what it is without the Nameless one. So yes, it seems too much to ask for me. This is Gothic, not The Elder Scrolls, keep that in mind.
    *shrug*
    Ain't a problem for many modern games, so why would it be a problem for this one?

6. Beiträge anzeigen #26

doros ist offline
    If I become a Mercenary (or Guard, for that matter) am I still free to become a Mage at some point? The impression I got from the previews I read was that it was an either/or proposition- after you've classed to a thief, you could pick either the warrior route or the mage route, but not both. Is this assumption incorrect?

7. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #27

Onisuzume ist offline
    If I become a Mercenary (or Guard, for that matter) am I still free to become a Mage at some point? The impression I got from the previews I read was that it was an either/or proposition- after you've classed to a thief, you could pick either the warrior route or the mage route, but not both. Is this assumption incorrect?
    Short answer: yes, you can.
    Long answer: certain events must first take place before the water mages will consider making you one of them. The event is one of the events that has the most impact on the colony.
    To be precise: after the old camp gets closed down and everyone in there turns hostile.

8. Beiträge anzeigen #28

doros ist offline
    Ah, I see. At the risk of spoilers, can I defect from the Old Camp and join the Water Mages? Or will they only accept me if I'm an OC purist?

9. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #29

Bastardo ist offline
    Ah, I see. At the risk of spoilers, can I defect from the Old Camp and join the Water Mages? Or will they only accept me if I'm an OC purist?
    It's not like you have the option to defect, but the Water Mages will eventually accept you whether you joined the Old Camp or New Camp. The plot will play out in such a way as to open that option for both paths. I believe it doesn't if you're in the sect, but I can't be sure as I've never joined the Swamp Camp.
    Geändert von Bastardo (29.07.2011 um 00:29 Uhr)

10. Beiträge anzeigen #30
    General Avatar von KGS

KGS ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von One Stoned Bastard Beitrag anzeigen
    It's not like you have the option to defect, but the Water Mages will eventually accept you whether you joined the Old Camp or New Camp. The plot will play out in such a way as to open that option for both paths. I believe it doesn't if you're in the sect, but I can't be sure as I've never joined the Swamp Camp.
    you are right...

11. Beiträge anzeigen #31
    Sword Master Avatar von Mage Master

Mage Master ist offline
    but maybe I've been spoiled by Mass Effect or something. Shepard IS Shepard, he's the same guy, throughout the whole story, and you're damned if you want to play as somebody else.
    I believe you have been spoiled, and customization is nice but it won't always work in a good way.

As you said with ME, you can make your own Shepard, but the only Shepard I see as the real one is the one I have made. Any other Shepards suck or are not good in my eyes. If gothic had that customization it will probably have the same problem too. And lots of raging in this forum.

And is it me or are you taking an awful amount of time deciding which camp to join. Maybe it's pickiness that I don't understand. Whatever, just pick a damn camp, you won't be able to enjoy the rest of the game if you don't.

12. Beiträge anzeigen #32
    Fighter Avatar von SkullX

SkullX ist offline

IIRC the minimal lvl to join a camp was lvl 6 or 7 so you're more than fine. Oh and if you join the new camp don't become a mercenary imitatively because you won't be able to continue with the main quest.
    You need level 5 to join a camp, to be level 10 before joining a camp is already overpowered.
    If you even try to look the other way...

13. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #33

Onisuzume ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von SkullX Beitrag anzeigen
    You need level 5 to join a camp, to be level 10 before joining a camp is already overpowered.
    Try entering chapter 2 at level 18.
    Did that on my current play-through.
    Weren't many things left alive, though, other than the various camps (almost no-one knocked down!).

14. Beiträge anzeigen #34

doros ist offline
    10 is overpowered? Ah. The Skeletons in that tower kept kicking my butt, so I assumed I needed to grind some more. I eventually settled on going to Chapter 2 at level 11... worst comes to worst, at least I'll have some extra Skill Points to throw around!

I settled on the Old Camp. Nameless was definitely ideologically aligned to the New Camp, but he reasoned that he'd get more resources out of the Old Camp. Like that fellow in the NC said: "Win their trust, THEN rip them off." Moreover, the OC seems like it's very clannish and insular. The Sect and NC are much more welcoming to outsiders, so I figure by joining the OC, I can get good marks within all three camps. If I join one of the other two, the OC will always be keeping me at arms length. I'll maximize my total influence within the Valley's society... and therefor maximize my chances of finding an opportunity to escape. Nameless is a principled rogue, but he's a cunning one, first and foremost.

Besides, the best way to take out that fat Ore Baron Gomez would be to get close to him, right? Keep my friends close, and my enemies closer...

15. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #35

Bastardo ist offline
    10 is overpowered? Ah. The Skeletons in that tower kept kicking my butt, so I assumed I needed to grind some more.
    That's one way to go about things, or you can just forget about foes you obviously can't beat and take your business to the camps. There's absolutely no need to grind to complete the game. And besides, the game spawns all manners of monsters on the map from day 1, just because you find an enemy it doesn't mean you should be able to beat it.
    Geändert von Bastardo (29.07.2011 um 21:23 Uhr)

16. Beiträge anzeigen #36
    banned

Don't worry about respect in the colony, eventually you'll become known and respected in the whole Valley no matter which camp you choose.

As for those skeletons, normally you're not supposed to fight them in the first chapter and at level 10.

17. Beiträge anzeigen #37

doros ist offline
    I NEARLY beat one of the Skeletons, but then four or five of his buddies popped out of a tunnel and that was the end of that plan. On the plus side, I've been getting really good at running like hell. And reloading.

I think part of my problem may be all the TES playing I've done over the years. I'm used to scaled monsters now, and I can't resist tackling beasties I can't possibly beat, just for the sheer novelty of it. I DID beat the crap out of the Fire Lizards down at that beach, despite the fact they could run faster than me and one shot me at max life. Half of them I didn't even "cheat" by hiding in the boat, either. Is it just me, or are bows OP?

18. Beiträge anzeigen #38
    Hero Avatar von Tratos

Tratos ist offline
    You sir are OP. Fire Lizards are held as one of the nastiest nasties around.

One word of advice: just forget the TES logic, go with the flow. Gothic isn't very difficult. Just go with the story and make yourself believe in what's going on. That'll help the fix kick in and get you high the quickest.

Until you get to G2: NotR. That one will kick your ass mercilessly. Have phun!

Oh and.... [punch in the face].. welcome to the colony!

19. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #39

Onisuzume ist offline
    10 is overpowered? Ah. The Skeletons in that tower kept kicking my butt, so I assumed I needed to grind some more. I eventually settled on going to Chapter 2 at level 11... worst comes to worst, at least I'll have some extra Skill Points to throw around!
    Ofcourse those skeletons kicked your arse - they were three times your level.
    Only if you really know what you're doing and tool your character for it will you have even a chance of killing all those skeletons.

Heck, even Ork Kriegers are easier than those skeletons, imo.
    And besides, the game spawns all manners of monsters on the map from day 1
    Fire Lizards, Ork Shamans, Skeletons, Fire Golem.
    Those are probably the biggest offenders.
    I managed to kill just about everything else in chapter 1 (NPCs excluded, like the bandit camp near the troll canyon).
    Yeah, Swampsharks, Trolls, Schattenläufers, Ork Tempelkrieger - I killed them all. Do note that I've been playing Gothic pretty much since 2002 or so.

It simple commands respect that if you draw your weapon, all the nearby diggers, scrapers, novices, etc. start to run like smeg.

Entered chapter 2 at level 18. And by then, I could've killed all those skeletons and zombies as well, possibly those fire lizards too.
    You sir are OP.
    If he's OP, then what am I?

20. Beiträge anzeigen #40
    banned

What's an OP?

Seite 2 von 5 « Erste 12345 Letzte »