Home Risen Risen2 Risen3 Forum English Russian

Registrieren Hilfe Kalender Heutige Beiträge
Seite 2 von 21 « Erste 123456913 ... Letzte »
Ergebnis 21 bis 40 von 401
    Adventurer Avatar von apocReg
    Great, steamworks is a good system so im 100% behind this choice.

Zitat Zitat von foobar Beitrag anzeigen
    As I said in German thread: I will not buy any game that comes with DRM. As this now includes Risen 2, you just lost me as customer. Congrats.
    Best to find a new hobby? DRM isnt going anywhere and I havent seen a better option than steamworks
    apocReg ist offline

Metasyntaktische Variable
    Zitat Zitat von apocReg Beitrag anzeigen
    Best to find a new hobby?
    I still find a lot of games to play. The Witcher 2, for instance. The moment they dropped the DRM, I bought it. And it's a very good RPG. I like it.

Should the moment come where I can no buy games but only rent them, I might in fact switch to a new hobby. There are a lot of things that I can spend my money on. If the gaming industry doesn't want it, I will not start crying. I pretty sure I won't end up on a big pile of Euro bills with no way to get rid of them.

Feeling a bit masochistic and want to read more of my diatribes? Check out Foobar's Rantpage.

foobar erklärt die Welt der Informatik: Was ist ein Zeichensatz?Was ist die 32Bit-Grenze?Warum sind Speicheroptimierer Unsinn?Wie teste ich meinen RAM?Was ist HDR?Was ist Tesselation?Warum haben wir ein Urheberrecht?Partitionieren mit MBR oder GPT?Was hat es mit dem m.2-Format auf sich?Warum soll ich meine SSD nicht zum Anschlag befüllen?Wer hat an der MTU gedreht?UEFI oder BIOS Boot?Was muss man über Virenscanner wissen?Defragmentieren sinnvoll?Warum ist bei CCleaner & Co. Vorsicht angesagt?Was hat es mit 4Kn bei Festplatten auf sich?Was ist Bitrot?Was sind die historischen Hintergründe zur (nicht immer optimalen) Sicherheit von Windows?Wie kann ich Datenträger sicher löschen?Was muss ich bzgl. Smartphone-Sicherheit wissen?Warum sind Y-Kabel für USB oft keine gute Idee?Warum sind lange Passwörter besser als komplizierte?Wie funktionieren Tintenstrahldrucker-Düsen?Wie wähle ich eine Linux-Distribution für mich aus?Warum ist Linux sicherer als Windows?Sind statische Entladungen bei Elektronik wirklich ein Problem?Wie repariere ich meinen PC-Lüfter?Was ist die MBR-Lücke?Wie funktioniert eine Quarz-Uhr?Was macht der Init-Prozess unter Linux und wie schlimm ist SystemD?Mainboard-Batterie - wann wechseln?Smartphone ohne Google?
    foobar ist offline

Just arrived
    Just wanted to say to Piranha Bytes that your publisher's decision lost me as your customer. I have bought and loved all Piranha Bytes games, but I cannot tolerate an extreme DRM platform such as Steam. As such, Risen 2 will be the first PB game that I won't spend any money on. Good day.
    genci88 ist offline Geändert von genci88 (26.07.2011 um 12:29 Uhr)

Veteran Avatar von vic1968
    Perhaps somebody ( ) may make a poll here related to this matter.Only four choices, I think:
    1.I like it;
    2)I do not like it but I shall buy the game;
    3)I hate it, so I shall not buy the game;
    4)It doesn't matter.
    In this way, we can show our position to those smart people from DS.
    vic1968 ist offline

banned
    Zitat Zitat von genci88 Beitrag anzeigen
    As such, Risen 2 will be the first PB game that I won't spend any money on. Good day.
    Oh really? So, you're saying that, even if you hear that Risen 2 is the most awesome game ever, as good as Gothic 1, you still won't play it just because of that stupid DRM thing? Really guys, you're making too much of a fuss because of a tiny annoyance which can easily be overlooked.
    Assassin of Kings ist offline

Provinzheld Avatar von Lebensstil Svenson
    Zitat Zitat von SlamDunk Beitrag anzeigen
    Your loss, then.

I haven't experienced any kind of problems with DRM games.
    I have. And as foobar said, that is not the main point.
    Lebensstil Svenson ist offline

Veteran Avatar von Aetherian
    Since I won't be installing Steam on my computer ever again, you just lost me too. Bummer.

I guess that time you put Risen 1 on Steam and you ran out of keys right away swayed your decision on which method of DRM to go, eh?
    Aetherian ist offline

Veteran
    As far as I see it there is one decent thing to do:

1. Buy the game, support the developer so they can develop further addons or R3 or G5
    2. Download a "backup" version
    3. Enjoy a game without any restrictions

Of course there is the not so decent thing to do which is taking those same steps in a different order but that's another topic.
    glumetzul ist offline

Zitat Zitat von glumetzul Beitrag anzeigen
    1. Buy the game, support the developer so they can develop further addons or R3 or G5
    Buying the game will not support the developer but the publisher and its DRM policy. Buying DRM games results in more DRM games in the future. The only way to prevent publishers from using DRM is to hit them where it hurts: in their purse.

Feeling a bit masochistic and want to read more of my diatribes? Check out Foobar's Rantpage.

foobar erklärt die Welt der Informatik: Was ist ein Zeichensatz?Was ist die 32Bit-Grenze?Warum sind Speicheroptimierer Unsinn?Wie teste ich meinen RAM?Was ist HDR?Was ist Tesselation?Warum haben wir ein Urheberrecht?Partitionieren mit MBR oder GPT?Was hat es mit dem m.2-Format auf sich?Warum soll ich meine SSD nicht zum Anschlag befüllen?Wer hat an der MTU gedreht?UEFI oder BIOS Boot?Was muss man über Virenscanner wissen?Defragmentieren sinnvoll?Warum ist bei CCleaner & Co. Vorsicht angesagt?Was hat es mit 4Kn bei Festplatten auf sich?Was ist Bitrot?Was sind die historischen Hintergründe zur (nicht immer optimalen) Sicherheit von Windows?Wie kann ich Datenträger sicher löschen?Was muss ich bzgl. Smartphone-Sicherheit wissen?Warum sind Y-Kabel für USB oft keine gute Idee?Warum sind lange Passwörter besser als komplizierte?Wie funktionieren Tintenstrahldrucker-Düsen?Wie wähle ich eine Linux-Distribution für mich aus?Warum ist Linux sicherer als Windows?Sind statische Entladungen bei Elektronik wirklich ein Problem?Wie repariere ich meinen PC-Lüfter?Was ist die MBR-Lücke?Wie funktioniert eine Quarz-Uhr?Was macht der Init-Prozess unter Linux und wie schlimm ist SystemD?Mainboard-Batterie - wann wechseln?Smartphone ohne Google?
    foobar ist offline

Deus Avatar von Maladiq
    I wonder if they intend to release a buggy, unfinished game and release immediately a patch on steam, in order to force people to buy the game or avoid using cracks.
    For the most recent Elex news, the new Piranha Bytes RPG, visit us at World of Elex!!!
    Maladiq ist offline

Knight Commander
    Zitat Zitat von Assassin of Kings Beitrag anzeigen
    Oh really? So, you're saying that, even if you hear that Risen 2 is the most awesome game ever, as good as Gothic 1, you still won't play it just because of that stupid DRM thing? Really guys, you're making too much of a fuss because of a tiny annoyance which can easily be overlooked.
    The DRM thing is so stupid that the tiny annoyance you're talking about might turn out to be a not-so-tiny annoyance any random day. I certainly cannot consider a terribly long start up time (or the inability to start the game at all) with poor performance at least from the game (and maybe even from the system) as a minor annoyance.

---
    BTW, will the demo (if any) also be Steam exclusive?

Should the moment come where I can no buy games but only rent them
    What exactly do you mean by renting games? Won't a DRM'd game you rented also have the DRM you wish to avoid?
    My skin for Opera Web Browser.[Bild: tOC_sig1.jpg]
    Nisarg ist offline Geändert von Nisarg (26.07.2011 um 16:42 Uhr)

Zitat Zitat von Nisarg Beitrag anzeigen
    What exactly do you mean by renting games?
    Well, you can't buy games with DRM. That would imply actual ownership which we both know is not the case. You only pay for an undetermined usage period. I think "rent" is the best way to describe that, don't you?

foobar ist offline

Just arrived
    Yes, that's precisely what I came here to say. I do not and will not ever "purchase" software that requires somebody else's permission to run. Its a shame, I enjoyed the first Risen (well, except for the end fight). I will not purchase Risen 2. I won't even pirate it (and I WILL be able to pirate it, easily, within hours of game release).

At this point I'm seriously considering switching over to Linux full-time, since the main reason I kept Windows around was for gaming.
    snarfies ist offline

Warrior
    Best news in a while! I buy at least 90 percent of my games on Steam, and never ever encountered a simple problem. Generally I don't like DRM, and even skipped some UBI games until they dropped their infamous Draconian protection, but Steamworks DRM is okay from me.

The publisher must accept the fact, that some people won't install DRM-ridden games and others don't have the required Internet connection (although Steam has offline mode, and recently they reworked the patching system, so only the modified content needs to be downloaded instead of the whole(!) game). They are lost sales, which is sad! But I'm pretty sure being a Steamworks game will boost massively the sales without sacrificing RPG elements.
    rotator ist offline

Warrior Avatar von André Feroi
    Zitat Zitat von Nisarg Beitrag anzeigen
    BTW, will the demo (if any) also be Steam exclusive?
    And what about the Risen 2 "beta version" for which a code was provided in the collector box of Risen 1 ?
    André Feroi ist offline

Neuling
    Zitat Zitat von genci88 Beitrag anzeigen
    Just wanted to say to Piranha Bytes that your publisher's decision lost me as your customer. I have bought and loved all Piranha Bytes games, but I cannot tolerate an extreme DRM platform such as Steam. As such, Risen 2 will be the first PB game that I won't spend any money on. Good day.
    my post was going to be the same as this. absolutely pathetic decision by deepsilver/pb. gothic3 is pretty much my favourite game ever. I love gothic2 and gothic1 as well of course. risen was ok. and now risen2, I will never know what this game is.

it's almost unbelievable to me that some publishers have now started to only offer their games for sale for pc on a subscription platform like steam. I just don't get it. how hard is it to offer a proper dvd version.

easily overlooked? what are you talking about, pirating the game? uch. come on.
    JavierdeAss ist offline

Deus Avatar von Maladiq
    Hmm... I don't know. Is it necessary to have a credit card in order to have a steam account?
    For the most recent Elex news, the new Piranha Bytes RPG, visit us at World of Elex!!!
    Maladiq ist offline

Zitat Zitat von Maladiq Beitrag anzeigen
    Hmm... I don't know. Is it necessary to have a credit card in order to have a steam account?
    I don't think so. There are other payment systems available, AFAIK, but I'm not sure they're better (infamous PayPal, for instance).

foobar ist offline

Adventurer
    Oh well, I'm out too on this game...

I will not buy any game requiring Steam - no matter how good it is.
    It's a matter of principles: I will never "buy" a game only to find out that I cannot play it anymore if the day comes where Valve goes under - don't say they never will, nobody knows for sure.
    Like foobar says: you pay for an unlimited rental period - that's not the same as owning a product.

Risen 2 will be cracked in a matter of hours no matter what DRM protection is used - so why not choose to use none at all?

This is yet another example of legit customers getting hurt because of pirates immoral actions - and the companies passes the bill to us. Nice work, good philosophy..
    It's like raising the taxes in a country because of the criminals, letting the law-abiding citizens pay for others' crime.

Bullsh*t.
    drunknmunkey ist offline

Deus Avatar von Maladiq
    (infamous PayPal, for instance).
    Which does require a credit/debit card afaik... Bad idea considering the fact that most of their players/buyers are under 18.
    Maladiq ist offline

Seite 2 von 21 « Erste 123456913 ... Letzte »